Re: Minford (3-0) vs. Wilmington (1-2)- Week 4

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Falcons, go get Win-4.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 am
14U wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:41 pm What does Wilmington have this year? Line size and speed or quickness, backs too! Then the D.
Lots of athletes. They had an elite QB that is a senior, but he’s playing golf instead of football. He was injured halfway through last year, so it could have something to do with why he’s not playing.

Great athlete at QB. They have spread things out in the past few years, but I’m not sure this year with the change at QB. D has never been a big strong suit.

I would think that Wilmington has seen much better competition so far, but I still think Minford can win this one.
Hate seeing the young man get hurt but I say with the injury he had to sit out this year because of it or he would be playing if he was good at it. I know Minford has two fast players in the backfield the QB and RB. Their line is big but not quick and nice receivers. That’s just watching their game last week. Sounds like it will be a good game but Minford coming out on top in this game!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:36 am Minford has shown tremendous improvement offensively with Lewis at QB and a healthy Wiget at RB. They seem to be well balanced with Wiget leading the area in rushing and Lewis putting up tremendous numbers thus far in both rushing and passing.

They will score points.

Defensively they have continued to improve and have held their opponents in check.

The only problem I see in this game for Minford could be the fact that Wilmington is a D3 school and will probably have the numbers on the roster which means they will have more subs and depth.

I still think Minford will take care of business.
Can ur Falcons match up front on both sides in the trenches? If u seen film or video on Wilmington are the big up front or avg with speed?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

14U wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:16 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:36 am Minford has shown tremendous improvement offensively with Lewis at QB and a healthy Wiget at RB. They seem to be well balanced with Wiget leading the area in rushing and Lewis putting up tremendous numbers thus far in both rushing and passing.

They will score points.

Defensively they have continued to improve and have held their opponents in check.

The only problem I see in this game for Minford could be the fact that Wilmington is a D3 school and will probably have the numbers on the roster which means they will have more subs and depth.

Can ur Falcons match up front on both sides in the trenches? If u seen film or video on Wilmington are the big up front or avg with speed?
I dont know. Thats probably why they will line up and play each other tomorrow night to find out.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:11 pm

They will score points.

I dont know. Thats probably why they will line up and play each other tomorrow night to find out.
Well I’ve seen you know everything about every team and players so I figured I would ask you.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

little chippy

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

If you go to YouTube, and type in the search “campusnation” they have Wilmington’s entire last game posted vs Vandalia Butler.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

14U wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:25 am

Well I’ve seen you know everything about every team and players so I figured I would ask you.
I am just talented and you must not be so talented. Thanks for the compliment :lol:

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:02 pm
14U wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:25 am

I am just talented and you must not be so talented. Thanks for the compliment :lol:
I guess but you never gave me an answer!! 😂 I just wanted to know because it would make up my mind if I would go watch it

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Final ?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:18 pmFinal ?
Minford 31
Wilmington 27

Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

31-27 Minford comes away with a hard fought win. Very sloppy tonight with untimely turnovers and drive killing penalties. Wilmington had some nice looking athletes out there. Their QB made things very interesting running with the ball, their line had large and strong lads. Lastly, their kicker has a leg. Consistently kicking touch backs and hitting some huge field goals to keep his team within striking distance. Hopefully, no major injuries tonight but I am sure both teams will be hitting the ice baths over the weekend.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I really didn't understand not taking a knee with 1:27 left and Wilmington w/1-TO, after Minford gets the ball, due to Wilmington getting stuffed on a 4-and-1. Minford fumbles it right back, and its Wilmington's ball 1-and-10. Wilmington drives to the Minford 35-yard line, and Minford's #7 made one helluva an INT in the end-zone to seal the deal for the Falcons.

Minford's kicking games has to improve greatly if they're going to compete in the SOCII. That's the one weak link I see with this team.

Overall, a great overall team effort for the Falcons in the 31-27 win. #11 and #7 DB play was outstanding. The team should by them dinner all week.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Wilmington had a REALLY big and physical line. One of the bigger and athletic lines I've seen in a while. Probably since Bishop Ready the year they played Itown in the regional finals. Their QB was super shifty with size.

Vogelsong Lewis threw the ball with exceptional accuracy down field other than the pick 6 on the jumped quick route.

Lots of weapons to get the ball to down field. Missing the longer FG and XP are definitely things that will get cleaned up.

WHO-DEY_FALCON
Waterboy

Post by WHO-DEY_FALCON »

I'm curious about the offensive stats were for Minford. The QB made some outstanding plays tonight.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 pm I really didn't understand not taking a knee with 1:27 left and Wilmington w/1-TO, after Minford gets the ball, due to Wilmington getting stuffed on a 4-and-1. Minford fumbles it right back, and its Wilmington's ball 1-and-10. Wilmington drives to the Minford 35-yard line, and Minford's #7 made one helluva an INT in the end-zone to seal the deal for the Falcons.

Minford's kicking games has to improve greatly if they're going to compete in the SOCII. That's the one weak link I see with this team.

Overall, a great overall team effort for the Falcons in the 31-27 win. #11 and #7 DB play was outstanding. The team should by them dinner all week.
Minfords head coach will get them beat like last years logan game. He has a lead and passes last year. This year take 3 knees instead run a play fumble the ball!! Wow. Until you have his wife fire him this is what you get, good teams getting beat when they should win. How does that work in Minford? Wife stepping down as AD husband gets hired then she comes back to be AD? Any trouble goes thru her nothing is done.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

14U wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:48 am
vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:09 pm I really didn't understand not taking a knee with 1:27 left and Wilmington w/1-TO, after Minford gets the ball, due to Wilmington getting stuffed on a 4-and-1. Minford fumbles it right back, and its Wilmington's ball 1-and-10. Wilmington drives to the Minford 35-yard line, and Minford's #7 made one helluva an INT in the end-zone to seal the deal for the Falcons.

Minfords head coach will get them beat like last years logan game. He has a lead and passes last year. This year take 3 knees instead run a play fumble the ball!! Wow. Until you have his wife fire him this is what you get, good teams getting beat when they should win. How does that work in Minford? Wife stepping down as AD husband gets hired then she comes back to be AD? Any trouble goes thru her nothing is done.

Minford won the game 31-27, but not running the clock out when they had the chance made things rather interesting.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

They still needed a first down to seal it. EVL needed a game like this , the young man is a gamer and will only go up. He is the best athlete ive seen at minford since probably Parkes.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Swayze wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:14 am They still needed a first down to seal it. EVL needed a game like this , the young man is a gamer and will only go up. He is the best athlete I've seen at minford since probably Parkes.
With under 2:00-min to play, and the other team only has 1-TO in their pocket, you do not need a first down to seal it. :40-Seconds is the max run off. Take the 3-knees, and then by the time the Ref gets the ball spotted, it's game over.

Even if so, take 3-knees, a delay of game and punt it outta bounds. We were on their 40-yard line. That leaves the other team with only seconds and the whole field to cover to get a TD to beat you. I'd even take 4-knees, and then it's a HS QB trying to throw a 60-yard hail Mary.

I agree this team has a load of talent. EVL, Risner, Skaags, and Wiget all can take it to the house anytime they touch the ball.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I’m glad Minford has a team with plenty of playmakers on it. They been needing this for awhile. Risner and Skaggs I think stuck out the best for me. Wilmington threw the ball too much, u alway need a running game. How many rushing yards and attempts for Wilmington? Wilmington had many INT’s as Risner had 3 of them, great for that young man, good kid! Wilmington played alittle after the whistle cheap shots ref missed some. Anyways falcons pulled out a close one after turning the ball over and Wilmington bring ball to make it interesting but Risner came up big with INT in endzone. 5-0 going into burg week and the stadium will be packed!!

Return to “Football”