Wilmington 27 - 31 Minford

Jason Vorhees
S

Wilmington 27 - 31 Minford

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Have either of these schools ever played each other? So far, Ty Wiget has 63 carries for 575 yards and 8 Touchdowns. Elijah Vogelsong-Lewis has 309 passing yards and 5 touchdowns through the air. Does Wilmington slow Minford’s Offense down this week?

14U
S

Re: Minford (3-0) vs. Wilmington (1-2)- Week 4

Post by 14U »

No they haven’t played before. Minford only played school around area or smaller school as Wilmington was too big to schedule. Portsmouth only team to play Wilmington in 1985. Wilmington has been blown out 2 of 3 games they played and I see Minford 5-0 going into the Burg game. That’s when their best competition start in SOC. Minford by 21
Last edited by 14U on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Minford should gain themselves some points after beating this DIII school. Not a school that's going to win 7 games by any means but I can see them pulling out 3 maybe 4 wins. Minford's offense will continue on this week as they beat Wilmington by 2-3 scores.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:19 am Minford should gain themselves some points after beating this DIII school. Not a school that's going to win 7 games by any means but I can see them pulling out 3 maybe 4 wins. Minford's offense will continue on this week as they beat Wilmington by 2-3 scores.
After I looked up Wilmington schedule I too thought they would win 4-5 games but they got beat bad by a 0-2 team so I don’t know now but Minford will be 5-0 going into the burg game. Minford toughest teams are coming up in SOC play just like last year! Just falcon fans hope it doesn’t go like last year. I like how finally the Minford AD started playing up,now just keep playing those teams in non league. Football is different in ky and wv for mega 1st and 2nd level computer points. So the AD needs to look at those two states for games first when filling open dates. The two D-III schools will help keep them in top 8.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:45 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:19 am Minford should gain themselves some points after beating this DIII school. Not a school that's going to win 7 games by any means but I can see them pulling out 3 maybe 4 wins. Minford's offense will continue on this week as they beat Wilmington by 2-3 scores.
After I looked up Wilmington schedule I too thought they would win 4-5 games but they got beat bad by a 0-2 team so I don’t know now but Minford will be 5-0 going into the burg game. Minford toughest teams are coming up in SOC play just like last year! Just falcon fans hope it doesn’t go like last year. I like how finally the Minford AD started playing up,now just keep playing those teams in non league. Football is different in ky and wv for mega 1st and 2nd level computer points. So the AD needs to look at those two states for games first when filling open dates. The two D-III schools will help keep them in top 8.
If Minford wants to play up there's some quality SVC schools that can get you 6/7 wins easily if Minford is to beat them. No I had Wilmington for 3 games and maybe they get a 4 out of it at best. Northwest is another school that is working their way up and given that they'll probably win SOC1 or at least compete for league championship that's another team that can probably net 6-7 wins very realistically. Pretty much unless teams have backed out I'd guess Minford's schedule is already set for the 2020 year maybe 1-2 not set in stone. Minford has to take care of business this week let's not forget when they played a DII Logan school and blew a 28 point league in the 2nd half to go to OT and lose the game. Records and division aside you've got to finish games and Minford shouldn't be looking any farther than Wilmington right now.

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Man would I like to see Minford win the SOC!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:54 am
14U wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:45 am
If Minford wants to play up there's some quality SVC schools that can get you 6/7 wins easily if Minford is to beat them. No I had Wilmington for 3 games and maybe they get a 4 out of it at best. Northwest is another school that is working their way up and given that they'll probably win SOC1 or at least compete for league championship that's another team that can probably net 6-7 wins very realistically. Pretty much unless teams have backed out I'd guess Minford's schedule is already set for the 2020 year maybe 1-2 not set in stone. Minford has to take care of business this week let's not forget when they played a DII Logan school and blew a 28 point league in the 2nd half to go to OT and lose the game. Records and division aside you've got to finish games and Minford shouldn't be looking any farther than Wilmington right now.
Yes SVC schools will give a lot of second level points and a good league. I believe ur right about Wilmington with 3 wins at best. Minford is figuring out the playing up but not too much up for the mega points. Just stay away from the Ironton’s or Ashland’s or Spring Valley’s when scheduling around the tri state area. Since northwest went from SOC II to SOC I, I would drop them as history tells they are like a an open date and get nothing.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:07 pm Man would I like to see Minford win the SOC!
Minford has the team that could win the conference. Got speed at skill positions, size up front and good receivers. It’s just up to them to put it all together, play one game at a time and don’t go back, play ahead!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford's schedule is fine, they're getting outta the area and playing bigger schools. They don't need to get back to playing SOCI teams just for points. I'd rather have the experience than points at this point in the season. NW has to prove themselves, and getting beat by badly by SE-Ross in week 1 isn't it.

Also, I believe Portsmouth had a series with Wilmington back in like 2010-2011. PHS lost both games.
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 pm Minford schedule is fine, they're getting outta the area and playing bigger schools. They don't need to get back to playing SOCI teams just for points. I'd rather have the experience than points at this point in the season. NW has to prove themselves, and getting beat by badly by SE-Ross in week 1 isn't it.

Also, I believe Portsmouth had a series with Wilmington back in like 2010-2011. PHS lost both games.
Yes they're playing bigger schools that will win 3 games, what experience is that getting them exactly?? So you're comparing a series from 2010-2011, lol. Trojans were 3-7 both years and Wilmington 7-3, Wilmington and East Clinton combined this year might get 6 wins might, so yeah that'll do a lot of good.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 pm Minford schedule is fine, they're getting outta the area and playing bigger schools. They don't need to get back to playing SOCI teams just for points. I'd rather have the experience than points at this point in the season. NW has to prove themselves, and getting beat by badly by SE-Ross in week 1 isn't it.

You don’t get much if any points playing down or SOC I schools. I like the direction Minford is going with their schedule. Like I put down earlier I would take northwest off the schedule it’s like an open date no points. SVC conference is good or KY and WV schools football not the same in those two states but big with points. Ironton, burg and Portsmouth from the 80’s, 90’s and half way thru the 2000’s the all played in the two states that help build their points up for the playoff picture. That’s what i’d Like to see Minford do. If Portsmouth did play they had no business playing them as Portsmouth hasn’t been good since 2004 or 05. I know the did play in 85 with Portsmouth winning. Wilmington’s QB was heading to Maryland.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Wilmington will win 5-games, maybe 6 against other D3 and D4 teams. They've beat Miami Trace who is usually a good program. They'll beat Batavia, New Richmond, Goshen, WCH, and Mt. Orab(WB). East Clinton is a game to get everyone healthy, and the loose ends tied up before league play starts. I see Wil/EC getting 8-10 wins combined, and yes that will do "alot of good."

This game isn't an automatic win for the Falcons, and isn't in the records books.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Interesting matchup. Wilmington will have great athletes but aren’t what they typically are.

I’m not sure on this one. Minford winning won’t surprise me but I’m guessing Wilmington 31-21

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

14U wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:00 pm

You don’t get much if any points playing down or SOC I schools. I like the direction Minford is going with their schedule. Like I put down earlier I would take northwest off the schedule it’s like an open date no points. SVC conference is good or KY and WV schools football not the same in those two states but big with points. Ironton, burg and Portsmouth from the 80’s, 90’s and half way thru the 2000’s the all played in the two states that help build their points up for the playoff picture. That’s what i’d Like to see Minford do. If Portsmouth did play they had no business playing them as Portsmouth hasn’t been good since 2004 or 05. I know the did play in 85 with Portsmouth winning. Wilmington’s QB was heading to Maryland.
I am not sure if you know how the points work, but with the current state of the SOC I, Northwest is the furthest thing from "an open date". If NW beats Oak Hill this week, they are looking at 8 wins. They are going to win at least 6.

At the end of the season, a win over NW will be worth more than a win over Rock Hill, East Clinton, and possibly even Chesapeake.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Minford is playing good football right now. They stay healthy and keep getting better every week like they are they very well may find themselves in the mix for winning the SOC and making themselves post season bound. What teams are the falcon faithful seeing could be possible roadblocks ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth split with Wilmington in a 2 game series about 7-8 years ago........the Trojans won the first game at home 14-7, then travelled to Wilmington the next season, blew a 24-7 lead in the 4th quarter, and ended up losing 27-24 in OT. I believe the scores are correct.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:49 am

I am not sure if you know how the points work, but with the current state of the SOC I, Northwest is the furthest thing from "an open date". If NW beats Oak Hill this week, they are looking at 8 wins. They are going to win at least 6.

At the end of the season, a win over NW will be worth more than a win over Rock Hill, East Clinton, and possibly even Chesapeake.
Yes I do and are you say to keep a team that has been everybody’s homecoming game since they had sports except this year playing the smallest schools? What about the last few years? Biggest school in county and gets beat by the smallest isn’t good and not getting points. I’d drop them and pick up a better team that’s going to get me points. Just my opinion which doesn’t matter, lol.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:59 am Minford is playing good football right now. They stay healthy and keep getting better every week like they are they very well may find themselves in the mix for winning the SOC and making themselves post season bound. What teams are the falcon faithful seeing could be possible roadblocks ??
Waverly losing Shanks will hurt them. I had them competing for the conference but after they got dismantled by Unioto (and not taking anything away from Unioto by this statement) Waverly is probably not the contender that I thought.

Valley is going to play gritty and will be a tough opponent. They were rated at the bottom half by many at the start of the season but have looked good and seem to be improving.

Burg looked better against Ashland. They seem to have identity to find offensively but their defense looks solid. Who knows how their injury situation will shake out. Still unsure how good Ashland really is because I thought they had moments where they looked good but moments when they looked really bad during that game.

The next 2 weeks will give a better picture as Minford plays Wilmington and East Clinton, Burg plays GC and Jackson, Valley plays Circleville and a much improved NW team and Waverly has Fairland and Amanda CC.

After that we can put all speculation to the side and watch as they battle it out among themselves every week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:51 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:49 am

Yes I do and are you say to keep a team that has been everybody’s homecoming game since they had sports except this year playing the smallest schools? What about the last few years? Biggest school in county and gets beat by the smallest isn’t good and not getting points. I’d drop them and pick up a better team that’s going to get me points. Just my opinion which doesn’t matter, lol.
In the past with NW getting throttled by everyone in the SOC 2 and possibly picking up 2 wins non conference, it didnt help having them on the schedule. It didnt help having them on the schedule when they first dropped to SOC 1 because they still had several SOC 2 schools beating them and they still struggled non conference and even in conference at first in SOC 1.

Now that they have improved the number of players, finding a little success in SOC 1 (Should win it this year) , this year it would be beneficial to have them on the schedule as Crabs says.

Its a risk just like any other non conference scheduling. Burg was very brave scheduling BH. At the end of the game this year, did it really help taking a beating, risking injuries and getting nothing out of the loss? Not really.

These schedules are done sometimes (or most times) years in advance, so the team you are scheduling (good and bad) might not be the program that you face once that season gets here.

It doesnt change the fact that wins are wins and losses are losses, no matter who you play. You can only hope the teams that you beat win as many games as possible so you get more points through those wins.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:59 am Minford is playing good football right now. They stay healthy and keep getting better every week like they are they very well may find themselves in the mix for winning the SOC and making themselves post season bound. What teams are the falcon faithful seeing could be possible roadblocks ??
Waverly losing Shanks will hurt them. I had them competing for the conference but after they got dismantled by Unioto (and not taking anything away from Unioto by this statement) Waverly is probably not the contender that I thought.

Valley is going to play gritty and will be a tough opponent. They were rated at the bottom half by many at the start of the season but have looked good and seem to be improving.

Burg looked better against Ashland. They seem to have identity to find offensively but their defense looks solid. Who knows how their injury situation will shake out. Still unsure how good Ashland really is because I thought they had moments where they looked good but moments when they looked really bad during that game.

The next 2 weeks will give a better picture as Minford plays Wilmington and East Clinton, Burg plays GC and Jackson, Valley plays Circleville and a much improved NW team and Waverly has Fairland and Amanda CC.

After that we can put all speculation to the side and watch as they battle it out among themselves every week.

fantastic rundown Red.......I agree with what you said about the Valley team. They did not get much pre-season praise but since they scrimmaged Ironton they have done nothing but get better and keep getting better. Signs to me of a good football team and your term of gritty seems very fitting for that bunch.....should be a good game.....burgs injury plagued season well it is what it is and its still tha burg so have to be ready for that in all ways... well said about the Ashland Tomcats....it appears the falcons are doing some good things......i hear the 8th grade team is pretty solid with some nice athletes that are pretty big and fast.....seems like good things are ahead in the falcons future.....i will continue to follow with you red......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”