Greenup County (KY) 7 - 38 Wheelersburg

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 4 Wheelersburg(1-2) @ Greenup Co.(2-2)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:15 am Burg 35
GC 28
I think this is more accurate than any prediction I've seen this far. I say this game will be competitive into the 4th quarter. Burgs defense is getting better but are still susceptible to the big play. The offense has to get into a rhythm early. If all goes right, Burg by 14. If not, Burg by 7.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Perfect opponent for Burg to establish their offense against. Burg by three touchdowns. 35-14

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Burg by 4 scores or more

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

I tend to agree with Jolly. The defense still has some work to do and who knows if Matthews will be out there defensively this week. Got to try and make sure he is available all season. Be a relatively close game. I'm saying 38-28 Burg. Have to throw a fg somewhere in there after last week.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

What is the overall series record for burg vs greenup

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:55 pm What is the overall series record for burg vs greenup
10 - 0 - 1 according to last years program

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

522Pirate wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:20 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:55 pm What is the overall series record for burg vs greenup
10 - 0 - 1 according to last years program
Thanks. I found them all after I posted this.

1978: 8-8
1982: 27-21
1983: 9-0
1992: 28-0
1993: 47-14
1994: 41-17
1995: 28-14
1996: 28-0
1997: 41-20
1998: 35-12
2008: 35-7

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Why hasn’t the band been stroke up ? Rahhhh ahhh

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Mission15 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:42 pm Why hasn’t the band been stroke up ? Rahhhh ahhh
It’s only monday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is just for u

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

After seeing some film of Greenup, I'll increase my earlier spread from 14 to 23. They do have a few athletes but from what I've seen, the right side of the defensive backfield is slow. And the safeties are tall but pretty slow as well. I look for Matthews to get a lot of targets from the Slot and we will see him have a huge game I believe.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 am After seeing some film of Greenup, I'll increase my earlier spread from 14 to 23. They do have a few athletes but from what I've seen, the right side of the defensive backfield is slow. And the safeties are tall but pretty slow as well. I look for Matthews to get a lot of targets from the Slot and we will see him have a huge game I believe.
Agreed .

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I seen the game on live steam that night and Greenup did look slow, big but slow. Burgs speed will hurt the Musketeers going to be hard to slow it down. Staying with my first pick burg 35-7 or 42-14 as pirates wear the bigger musketeers down!! I watched Minfords two fast players in the backfield have their way but burg has that speed everywhere.
Last edited by 14U on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 am After seeing some film of Greenup, I'll increase my earlier spread from 14 to 23. They do have a few athletes but from what I've seen, the right side of the defensive backfield is slow. And the safeties are tall but pretty slow as well. I look for Matthews to get a lot of targets from the Slot and we will see him have a huge game I believe.
Okay, I thought I was seeing things, but now it’s confirmed. A friend of mine coaches in ky and he said they were fast. After watching tape, I called him and said he needed his eyes checked...lol

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

From what I saw vs Ashland, the key to Burg finding some offensive identity right now is simple: Getting Matthews in space. He is very quick, fast after he gets loose and GC didnt look like the greatest of teams in terms of tackling in space.

Defensively Burg looked good against the Tomcats.

Your prediction of a 23 pt game wouldnt surprise me at all from a Burg standpoint.

From a GC standpoint, if their receivers can catch the ball, this game could be close.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:07 pm
From what I saw vs Ashland, the key to Burg finding some offensive identity right now is simple: Getting Matthews in space. He is very quick, fast after he gets loose and GC didnt look like the greatest of teams in terms of tackling in space.

Your prediction of a 23 pt game wouldnt surprise me at all from a Burg standpoint.

From a GC standpoint, if their receivers can catch the ball, this game could be close.
It's all good until the flag happy refs get involved.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Yes he is but Mathews started QB first game and hurt second. Burg didn’t have QB because theirs was hurt season ending during a freak accident at practice. That’s what we all heard. That put burg out of position. Now since they made decision to go with the sophomore Masters over the freshman burg is where they need to be. I went to the game against Ashland and Masters was nerves but after he threw a 98 yard pick 6 he came back out a different QB. Mathews out in slot has defenses hunting for him and burg ran every play in first drive second half a ran approximately 7 minutes out of 3rd and 4 minutes out of 4th. I went to that game and sat at the 50 on Ashland side. Their fans was sobering how a 0-2 team was beating them. I think it was more the teams and finding a QB than anything else. Ur falcons will be 5-0 when the meet the Pirates 5th game of the season. That will be were everybody will be if the Pirates play like they did Friday they should be 3-2.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm

It's all good until the flag happy refs get involved.
Sad but true

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

I think raceland beat GC. This one gets ugly.
Burg 49
GC 19

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

This one gets ugly fast

Burg wins 35-0

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Greenup sucks. Burg by a bunch

Return to “Football”