Western Brown 21 - 56 Jackson

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson at Western Brown

Post by Poo Bear »

Look for Jackson to ground and pound Western Brown. They will move the ball and score some TDs.

I see a 35-17 win Friday with 2 backs over 100 yards .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:12 am Look for Jackson to ground and pound Western Brown. They will move the ball and score some TDs.

I see a 35-17 win Friday with 2 backs over 100 yards .

well said.....Jackson could use another game of putting the hurt on a opposing D.....with some personnel changes happening up front it would be good for them to get a game as you suggest under their belt as a unit....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

They can probably ground and pound Western Brown, who I think may be 0-3. From what I've seen, they had better develop some kind of a better passing game starting with the Burg the following week. I know there best receiver missed the Logan game, and I realize he's a very good athlete. I'm just not sure that ground and pound alone, will be enough to be able to beat the Burg.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm They can probably ground and pound Western Brown, who I think may be 0-3. From what I've seen, they had better develop some kind of a better passing game starting with the Burg the following week. I know there best receiver missed the Logan game, and I realize he's a very good athlete. I'm just not sure that ground and pound alone, will be enough to be able to beat the Burg.
Most SEO teams get beat early in the playoffs due to the lack of passing ability . Athens & Wheelersburg are the two that actually mixed passing/running somewhat evenly over the last few years and had good success at it in the playoffs. The other two teams over the decades that are perennial deep run playoff contenders (Ironton and Trimble) have always relied on their ball control run game with ground and pound and had great success with little passing but in todays game with the variety of offensive sets by most great teams, the need to have a good passing mix is vital to have a chance of good playoff run in any given year.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:28 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm They can probably ground and pound Western Brown, who I think may be 0-3. From what I've seen, they had better develop some kind of a better passing game starting with the Burg the following week. I know there best receiver missed the Logan game, and I realize he's a very good athlete. I'm just not sure that ground and pound alone, will be enough to be able to beat the Burg.
Most SEO teams get beat early in the playoffs due to the lack of passing ability . Athens & Wheelersburg are the two that actually mixed passing/running somewhat evenly over the last few years and had good success at it in the playoffs. The other two teams over the decades that are perennial deep run playoff contenders (Ironton and Trimble) have always relied on their ball control run game with ground and pound and had great success with little passing but in todays game with the variety of offensive sets by most great teams, the need to have a good passing mix is vital to have a chance of good playoff run in any given year.
I agree with everything that you just said. I'm neither a fan of Jackson or the Burg, but I have seen both of them this year. Make no mistake, Jackson can run the football very well, and will be able to do so against 90% of there schedule this year. It's when you run up against a better team that can stop the running game, that's when panic then sets in, when you then are forced to throw the ball, and then either are not able to do so, or are not confident in doing so. I've always felt as if you are mostly a running football team, then when you run up against a well balanced team that can both run and pass the ball,let alone a team that spreads you out all over the field, that the smash mouth team is at a big disadvantage. That's when your defense, not being able everyday to practice against that type offense, can then be at a disadvantage.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm
I agree with everything that you just said. I'm neither a fan of Jackson or the Burg, but I have seen both of them this year. Make no mistake, Jackson can run the football very well, and will be able to do so against 90% of there schedule this year. It's when you run up against a better team that can stop the running game, that's when panic then sets in, when you then are forced to throw the ball, and then either are not able to do so, or are not confident in doing so. I've always felt as if you are mostly a running football team, then when you run up against a well balanced team that can both run and pass the ball,let alone a team that spreads you out all over the field, that the smash mouth team is at a big disadvantage. That's when your defense, not being able everyday to practice against that type offense, can then be at a disadvantage.
Yep. One dimensional can work in the TVC, OVC, SVC, FAC and SOC where the top 2 or 3 in these leagues remain the same year after year with the more physical running teams dominant but when you get up to the LCL, MVL, OVAC line and above and over to the Cincinnati metro area teams and go 3 and out a few times with 8 men in the box you're toast on offense let alone your defense being on the field for most of the game. Quick strike offenses with balance are becoming the norm in high school football and SEO is way behind the curve in that regard overall IMO.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to Jackson!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:03 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Yep. One dimensional can work in the TVC, OVC, SVC, FAC and SOC where the top 2 or 3 in these leagues remain the same year after year with the more physical running teams dominant but when you get up to the LCL, MVL, OVAC line and above and over to the Cincinnati metro area teams and go 3 and out a few times with 8 men in the box you're toast on offense let alone your defense being on the field for most of the game. Quick strike offenses with balance are becoming the norm in high school football and SEO is way behind the curve in that regard overall IMO.
Most teams round here , especially d4 and above are toast in the playoffs anyways . Unless you have a Joe Burrow .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m just happy making the playoffs. It’s hard to compete with teams that are just pipe line schools for the big 10

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:20 pm I’m just happy making the playoffs. It’s hard to compete with teams that are just pipe line schools for the big 10
But if you can spread it out Raider you’ll win 🙄

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

So you’ll be 20 point underdog and not a 28

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:21 pm But if you can spread it out Raider you’ll win 🙄
I mean if you have a Heisman candidate QB throwing to two starting Ohio U wide receivers. Also need that QB being able to hand it off to a Northwestern captain running behind a Ohio University lineman to have a chance :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:25 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:21 pm But if you can spread it out Raider you’ll win 🙄
I mean if you have a Heisman candidate QB throwing to two starting Ohio U wide receivers. Also need that QB being able to hand it off to a Northwestern captain running behind a Ohio University lineman to have a chance :lol:
Can’t say that we meet any of that criteria 😂

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

At least CB has made it better, There is a huge difference in TCC/Hoban than Hartley

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Ironmen big. At least 30

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:25 pm
That team was ridiculous

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Does WB still have that really good QB?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No

7-0 Jackson....oline and backs ran it down their throats