Ashland (KY) 16 - 10 Ironton

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Re: Week 4 (3-0) Ironton @ (3-1) Ashland Ky

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Mission15 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:53 am
ballplayer1992 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:58 am https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports ... f5f8d.html

Ashland's Coach Tony Love claims that Ironton players stomped on the "A" painted in the middle of the field prior to the start of the game. If true, that is pretty classless and low. Not to mention that it looks especially ignorant when you do not back it up and ultimately lose the game, as Ironton did.
Oh cry me a River, soft soft soft , let kids have fun without your liberal cupcake agenda.
Dude, you sound ridiculous. You are making assumptions about a person's political leanings based off of their posts on a high school sports message board? The only thing soft is Ironton's run defense last night :lol: :lol:

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

JTEK wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:06 am
ballplayer1992 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:58 am https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports ... f5f8d.html

Ashland's Coach Tony Love claims that Ironton players stomped on the "A" painted in the middle of the field prior to the start of the game. If true, that is pretty classless and low. Not to mention that it looks especially ignorant when you do not back it up and ultimately lose the game, as Ironton did.
Going to do stuff like that you better back it up
True statement.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Just stop all the BS good lord , Ironton team stands on the 50 at home or on the road during pregame and get in a huddle around coach Pendleton they don’t stomp the other teams name or logo on the field just like they don’t stomp the tiger on their own field , people like you just stir stuff up make up lies
Last edited by Tripaces on Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Otto wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:41 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:23 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:51 pm

Hindsight is 20/20.

Not a bad thing to protect the young man from making his first start at Tank Stadium.

And now they have the chip on their shoulder edge...

True, but he’s going to play in bigger games then that and it made Burg very one dimensional!

Hopefully there is a rematch. They might have to play it at Peden in Athens like they did Ironton-Portsmouth in early 2000’s.
If there is a rematch, most likely it will be at Portsmouth Coliseum like it was a couple years ago.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Peden puts in for OHSAA playoff games anymore. I can't remember them hosting for awhile now. But it would be awesome to see the game there, for sure.

No way that stadium could hold the crowd. The difference between that game a few years ago and the one that might happen this year is everyone figured Ironton would get waxed, which they did so not a big crowd.

A rematch this year would be YUGE!!!!!!!! crowd so my guess would be Jackson

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Tripaces wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:11 am

Just stop all the BS good lord , Ironton team stands on the 50 at home or on the road during pregame and get in a huddle around coach Pendleton they don’t stomp the other teams name or logo on the field just like they don’t stomp the tiger on their own field , people like you just stir stuff up make up lies
Gathering on the 50 of an opposing teams field is also disrespectful, but of course Ironton can do whatever they please right?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’m not sure if there was disrespect, but this isn’t his opinion but the opinion of the head coach of Ashland. Now one kid may have acted like an idiot and the coach ran with it. Probably much ado about nothing but the coached felt strongly enough to tell the paper.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:47 am
Gathering on the 50 of an opposing teams field is also disrespectful, but of course Ironton can do whatever they please right?
Good lord Hillary; again they do it every game home or away so with your logic they disrespect themselves too lol

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:12 am
Otto wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:41 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:23 am

True, but he’s going to play in bigger games then that and it made Burg very one dimensional!

Hopefully there is a rematch. They might have to play it at Peden in Athens like they did Ironton-Portsmouth in early 2000’s.
If there is a rematch, most likely it will be at Portsmouth Coliseum like it was a couple years ago.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Peden puts in for OHSAA playoff games anymore. I can't remember them hosting for awhile now. But it would be awesome to see the game there, for sure.

No way that stadium could hold the crowd. The difference between that game a few years ago and the one that might happen this year is everyone figured Ironton would get waxed, which they did so not a big crowd.

A rematch this year would be YUGE!!!!!!!! crowd so my guess would be Jackson
It might hold it with all the standing room but to be comfortable Jackson.

Thebus
Waterboy

Post by Thebus »

It’s was obvious that in no way would Ironton be aloud to leave there with a win however Ironton’s play calling is VERY predictable.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Tripaces wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:03 am

Good lord Hillary; again they do it every game home or away so with your logic they disrespect themselves too lol
Wow! Hillary huh? Cry much? Do it on your own field, fine. On another field is not. That is not your place. Stay on your side.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Ironton is sharp in the bone. Would like to see more of that. Lol coming from a wishbone school

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Thebus wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:54 am It’s was obvious that in no way would Ironton be aloud to leave there with a win however Ironton’s play calling is VERY predictable.
So what did the home team do to make u lose before the game started?

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Good thing for Ironton, they can go ahead and stomp on South Point's logo, it won't matter.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Thebus wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:54 am It’s was obvious that in no way would Ironton be aloud to leave there with a win however Ironton’s play calling is VERY predictable.
Agree.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Congratulations Tomcats on a hard fought, well earned victory.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I gotta say something regarding the mix of Politics and High School Football... I hate seeing a negative being mixed with a positive. ESPECIALLY when it involves kids. There's no political agenda being pushed here. It was a coach stating what he saw to the Local Newspaper. I'm sure any team wouldn't want to see the opposing team congregate onto the center Logo of their field. Some teams might find that action as a sign of disrespect. But the best way to go is Let these guys settle the Battle on the Field. Not arguing politics on a website which these kids get on and also read. Give these kids a good example of class and respect to look at. Friendly rivalry is good and fine! Bit never pass the threshold of disrespect and negativity.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Valenth wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:24 pm I gotta say something regarding the mix of Politics and High School Football... I hate seeing a negative being mixed with a positive. ESPECIALLY when it involves kids. There's no political agenda being pushed here. It was a coach stating what he saw to the Local Newspaper. I'm sure any team wouldn't want to see the opposing team congregate onto the center Logo of their field. Some teams might find that action as a sign of disrespect. But the best way to go is Let these guys settle the Battle on the Field. Not arguing politics on a website which these kids get on and also read. Give these kids a good example of class and respect. Friendly rivalry is good and done! Bit never pass the threshold of disrespect and negativity.
Ironton gathered and jumped / danced on the Jackson logo at mid field before a scrimmage game . In my opinion was not needed and pointless . Not what I expected from Ironton but it is what it is .
Last edited by Poo Bear on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:27 pm
Valenth wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:24 pm I gotta say something regarding the mix of Politics and High School Football... I hate seeing a negative being mixed with a positive. ESPECIALLY when it involves kids. There's no political agenda being pushed here. It was a coach stating what he saw to the Local Newspaper. I'm sure any team wouldn't want to see the opposing team congregate onto the center Logo of their field. Some teams might find that action as a sign of disrespect. But the best way to go is Let these guys settle the Battle on the Field. Not arguing politics on a website which these kids get on and also read. Give these kids a good example of class and respect. Friendly rivalry is good and done! Bit never pass the threshold of disrespect and negativity.
Ironton gathered and jumped / danced on the Jackson logo at mid field before a scrimmage game . In my opinion was not needed and pointless . Not what I expected rim Ironton but it what it is .
I’ve witnessed that before by this staff too. I’m not sure if this is what happened but I could see a coach being upset about it. It’s probably just a ploy of trying to be intimidating.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:44 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:27 pm
Ironton gathered and jumped / danced on the Jackson logo at mid field before a scrimmage game . In my opinion was not needed and pointless . Not what I expected rim Ironton but it what it is .
I’ve witnessed that before by this staff too. I’m not sure if this is what happened but I could see a coach being upset about it. It’s probably just a ploy of trying to be intimidating.
If this was a way to try to be intimidating... Especially on a Rivalry of this Size... It sadly backfired..

JustMyTwoCents
Waterboy

Post by JustMyTwoCents »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:50 am
I’m not sure if there was disrespect, but this isn’t his opinion but the opinion of the head coach of Ashland. Now one kid may have acted like an idiot and the coach ran with it. Probably much ado about nothing but the coached felt strongly enough to tell the paper.
The coach shared the same take Postgame on radio. Hey, it’s sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year old players. The coach saw a motivational opportunity prior to a rivalry game. Got what he felt was his extra “juice” for his team.

Return to “Football”