Gallia Academy 55 - 27 Chesapeake

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Re: Chesapeake (2-1 0-0) @ Gallia Academy (3-0 0-0)

Post by THEbuckeyes »

svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:30 am This may be a little closer then people think. I just think that because I think Gallia May try to get all there weapons started in this game. If there not successful they could start slow. If they just come out and try to shove it down there throat it will be over early.

I can agree with that they need to start preparing for post season now. Figure out some things not show your hand but if they are huge and fast then do some testing for the next season (post season) ..... Work on the foot work, timing, reading D, and reading O. Just figure some stuff out. I still think it will be 4 scores between them

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:49 am
svac83 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:30 am This may be a little closer then people think. I just think that because I think Gallia May try to get all there weapons started in this game. If there not successful they could start slow. If they just come out and try to shove it down there throat it will be over early.

I can agree with that they need to start preparing for post season now. Figure out some things not show your hand but if they are huge and fast then do some testing for the next season (post season) ..... Work on the foot work, timing, reading D, and reading O. Just figure some stuff out. I still think it will be 4 scores between them
I agree it will be a comfortable win. And if the roll players all have success. It could be a huge number.

Kev949
Waterboy

Post by Kev949 »

Ema wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 pm Chesapeake is better than Gallia Academy. This line is huge and will push devils around and Peake has more speed. 35-10 peake
Pretty sure the same thing was said last year... we all know how that ended. Let me reassure you that Speed for Gallia is not and will not be an issue.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Seriously svac83, if a couple of Gallia's skill guys would turn up the field and stop trying to get EVERYTHING on the edge they would be better off! A couple of the speedsters are completely wasted on most occasions on offense because they won't cut up field in their seams. They HAVE to learn to do this. Sorry, it has just been driving me nuts watching it.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm
Seriously svac83, if a couple of Gallia's skill guys would turn up the field and stop trying to get EVERYTHING on the edge they would be better off! A couple of the speedsters are completely wasted on most occasions on offense because they won't cut up field in their seams. They HAVE to learn to do this. Sorry, it has just been driving me nuts watching it.
I don’t disagree with this statement. They have a lot of things not quite right. And that is really what I mean by getting them going. Also need to get Ben cox a few touches and so on.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Blizz. Why don't you go down to memorial field and offer to help those skill players out. I am sure they could use your expertise. Maybe they can get you on the sideline on Friday nights as well. I'd say you could really help turn things around for the boys in blue.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Blizz. Why don't you go down to memorial field and offer to help those skill players out. I am sure they could use your expertise. Maybe they can get you on the sideline on Friday nights as well. I'd say you could really help turn things around for the boys in blue.
While you're whiny, childish sarcasm is evident, I have coached there in the past, but am not able to anymore. I'm not saying the coaches are doing anything wrong at all. They are setting their players up in the best position to succeed. I'm sure they are stressing these things and more in practice every week. If we can't comment on what we see on the field without getting smart a** replies then what is this forum for? But let's be honest, the Blue Devils will figure it out. Vanco improving in the passing game from week to week is going to help very soon too.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm
Fonzie wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm

While you're whiny, childish sarcasm is evident, I have coached there in the past, but am not able to anymore. I'm not saying the coaches are doing anything wrong at all. They are setting their players up in the best position to succeed. I'm sure they are stressing these things and more in practice every week. If we can't comment on what we see on the field without getting smart a** replies then what is this forum for? But let's be honest, the Blue Devils will figure it out. Vanco improving in the passing game from week to week is going to help very soon too.
Blizz you know I had to stir the pot a little with you. To be honest, Vanco has proved to be a much better QB than I would have first thought. I know I saw the kid play in middle school, I didn't think he would remain in the QB slot when he made it to high school. He had an arm then, but I thought his footwork was far too slow and didn't see him improving his footwork much in 2-3 years. I'll say I am glad I was wrong. He has developed into a nice QB for the Blue Devils. He isn't going to win any foot races anytime soon, but he has improved greatly over the last few years.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

The OC is going to have to change somethings that work best for the tremendous athletes Gallia has. They can’t run the same type of power offense with speed backs. It simply doesn’t work. We’ve gotten lucky especially against point. If I don’t see changes in the next two weeks, we could lose 2-3 games in conference. It doesn’t take a genius to realize it’s either a sweep with #1 or #3 ( 8 out 10 games best athlete on field) up the middle. They need to open up passing game, need to find some new receivers to put in rotation, I think I counted 4 or 5 drops 2 of which would’ve made it 1st down. #2 isn’t a true wide out but he makes plays when the ball comes his way, so far I am impressed with his play. #34 should be getting touches in this power offense. It’s just hard to watch from a spectator point of view. Hoping the staff can solve some of these problems and let the athletes be athletes and make plays. Chesapeake has a real shot at GA this week. Hope to see GA open it up.

MrCoachKlein
Waterboy

Post by MrCoachKlein »

NoPain23 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 am The OC is going to have to change somethings that work best for the tremendous athletes Gallia has. They can’t run the same type of power offense with speed backs. It simply doesn’t work. We’ve gotten lucky especially against point. If I don’t see changes in the next two weeks, we could lose 2-3 games in conference. It doesn’t take a genius to realize it’s either a sweep with #1 or #3 ( 8 out 10 games best athlete on field) up the middle. They need to open up passing game, need to find some new receivers to put in rotation, I think I counted 4 or 5 drops 2 of which would’ve made it 1st down. #2 isn’t a true wide out but he makes plays when the ball comes his way, so far I am impressed with his play. #34 should be getting touches in this power offense. It’s just hard to watch from a spectator point of view. Hoping the staff can solve some of these problems and let the athletes be athletes and make plays. Chesapeake has a real shot at GA this week. Hope to see GA open it up.

NoPain, I have not seen GA this year but saw them on two occasions last year and a power run game was never really anything I saw from them. It was a lot of spread, sweeps, zone reads, draws and passed. I doubt coach Pernod has changed much. You have the best Coach you’ve had in years, the best talent you’ve had in years but still finding ways to complain. Looked like your main complaint was playing time! Maybe your child? Trust me GA is in Great hands and doesn’t need your help!
[/quot

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good hard nosed matchup right here...…..too much blue devils in the end

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

MrCoachKlein wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:58 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 am The OC is going to have to change somethings that work best for the tremendous athletes Gallia has. They can’t run the same type of power offense with speed backs. It simply doesn’t work. We’ve gotten lucky especially against point. If I don’t see changes in the next two weeks, we could lose 2-3 games in conference. It doesn’t take a genius to realize it’s either a sweep with #1 or #3 ( 8 out 10 games best athlete on field) up the middle. They need to open up passing game, need to find some new receivers to put in rotation, I think I counted 4 or 5 drops 2 of which would’ve made it 1st down. #2 isn’t a true wide out but he makes plays when the ball comes his way, so far I am impressed with his play. #34 should be getting touches in this power offense. It’s just hard to watch from a spectator point of view. Hoping the staff can solve some of these problems and let the athletes be athletes and make plays. Chesapeake has a real shot at GA this week. Hope to see GA open it up.

NoPain, I have not seen GA this year but saw them on two occasions last year and a power run game was never really anything I saw from them. It was a lot of spread, sweeps, zone reads, draws and passed. I doubt coach Pernod has changed much. You have the best Coach you’ve had in years, the best talent you’ve had in years but still finding ways to complain. Looked like your main complaint was playing time! Maybe your child? Trust me GA is in Great hands and doesn’t need your help!
[/quot
I am not a parent of a player, I just don’t think this offense will be that effective. Coach Pernod is one of the best in SEO so whatever offense he runs will work. I just don’t think this one is the best one.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

You guys have me confused. First off I think this years offense looks totally different from a year ago. Last year mccellend, Campbell and pulling averaged about 45 rushing attempts a game almost every single one of them between the tackles. We thought the ball leas then 15 times a game on average. And tried to get ball in Armstrong’s hands in space about 10 times a game. It was a QB centered offense.

This year the QB as far as I know of hasn’t ran the ball once. We have ran zero read option and besides what maybe 15 to 20 plays to beast inside. Besides the touches Armstrong getting about 20 a game who is even attempting to run within the tackles? Passing attempts through 3 Gabe’s probably less then last year because we tried to throw against Jackson last year just couldn’t.

If anything making the offense look more like last year would be a big help. We are pretty. Much beating man on man not really getting people out of position with reads or fakes.

I mean even the motion man I hate we are running the kid on that big loop behind QB. I thought last year bringing him in front of QB much more effective some other motion man caught a direct snap. Sometimes we pitch passed to him m. Sometimes went direct snap and the motion man handed to the back up middle or sometimes we caught him on swing route.

I am also sure we haven’t came close to seeing entire playbook. So I will hold judgment on what I think of whole offense. I think we would of saw more last week. But basically points running back goes out we run 4 offensive plays score 14 points. It was obvious point couldn’t move the ball we then went ultra conservative I thought.

I don’t know but I see this offense as being way different then last years maybe we are watching different games or have different ideas of what we are seeing.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA ! Good lluck

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

It didnt go ultra conservative. It was because they lost guard 69 to heat exhaustion and he is a 3 year starter. They had to put in the third string running back that moved from that position to center 2 weeks ago and move the center to guard. GA numbers are thin in certain spots.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Peake won’t be able to contain Armstrong

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Blue Devils must NOT be one dimensional.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Midway through Q1
GA 7
Peake 0

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

TD Chesapeake PAT no good
GA 7
Peake 6

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

TD GA

14-6 Blue Devils
Q2

Return to “Football”