Reid Carrico commits to The Ohio State Buckeyes

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Re: Reid Carrico commits to The Ohio State Buckeyes

Post by Dragon70 »

What a great accomplishment for a local kid!! I see him being a strong safety just don't think he's big enough to play inside/outside linebacker in that conference but I'm probably wrong!! Congrats Reid!!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

sooo happy he picked the Bucks! would have sucked having to watch and root for him at Clemson... REALLY hate Clemson.... Don't mind rooting for Burrow at LSU

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

EARNED. Cant wait to see that black stripe pealed.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dragon70 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:11 pm What a great accomplishment for a local kid!! I see him being a strong safety just don't think he's big enough to play inside/outside linebacker in that conference but I'm probably wrong!! Congrats Reid!!
Not only the rest of this year, plus his senior year next year, by the time the Buckeyes get a hold of him, I can see him being 6'3, 245 once they have a chance to work with him. That's probably as big as any of there linebackers this year. I may be wrong, but I think he would be the perfect size for linebacker.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I dont know him or his family but he could always grow 2" .... now you are looking at D end.... imagine his potential there!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:48 pm
Dragon70 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:11 pm What a great accomplishment for a local kid!! I see him being a strong safety just don't think he's big enough to play inside/outside linebacker in that conference but I'm probably wrong!! Congrats Reid!!
Not only the rest of this year, plus his senior year next year, by the time the Buckeyes get a hold of him, I can see him being 6'3, 245 once they have a chance to work with him. That's probably as big as any of there linebackers this year. I may be wrong, but I think he would be the perfect size for linebacker.
245 for a LB would be good. At 6'03" he might grow more near 6' 5" that might have OSU putting him at DE. Playing anywhere on Saturday will be good.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Kid is definitely a beast

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I had a feeling he'd choose here, his family is buckeye fans. I think this is amazing, and can't watch him play there. but he still has about 1.3/4 seasons to go, and grow.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Kids will flock to ironton now .

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Congrats!!!!

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Congrats to this young man and kudos to his coach for putting him in the situation with all the contacts the Trevon has. That's what good coaches do, campaign for their players and get their information out to the college coaches. Congrats and good luck!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:26 pm
VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:48 pm
245 for a LB would be good. At 6'03" he might grow more near 6' 5" that might have OSU putting him at DE. Playing anywhere on Saturday will be good.
You may very well be right about him growing a couple more inches. I could be wrong but I believe when he was freshman, and playing basketball on the varsity for the Tigers, that he was listed at 6'1". I remember seeing him at Jackson in a tournament, you could tell then he was going to be a special athlete.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

What? He's listed at 6'3" and 225 lbs as a junior in high school. The legendaty t A.J. Hawk was 6'1" and 245 lbs pre-NFL draft.

I'm tickled to death for him. From what I've been told by those who know him personally that he's a great kid, humble and treats others good

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

kantucky wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 am
What? He's listed at 6'3" and 225 lbs as a junior in high school. The legendaty t A.J. Hawk was 6'1" and 245 lbs pre-NFL draft.

I'm tickled to death for him. From what I've been told by those who know him personally that he's a great kid, humble and treats others good
Key word is "listed" and I do know him personally being involved in youth sports and he is a great kid around the court or field and I wish him the best!! It's just my opinion and only time will tell. Hopefully he hits the weight room hard the next three years then. Being 6'3 or 6'5 he should dominate the OVC this year on the field and court but only time will tell.

Return to “Football”