Region 21

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: DVI R21 Playoff Talk

Post by Happy McGavin »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:29 am Hate to say it, but I don’t think it matter who is where. FF wins the region. Maybe not easily, but they hands down win this region. Like I said, hate to say it, but I’m a realist.
I'm curious as to why you think Fort Frye is such a shoe in to win this region? You have Mogadore which is a state power, Springfield, which i get ppl say they haven't been to the playoffs in a few years but will be 19-1 in there last 20 games and have been absolutely demolishing teams and Trimble, who played for a D7 title last year and returned 8 starters from that team. Fort very well could win the region like you say, but so could either 1 of the other top 3 teams. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the regional semifinals and finals are only 1 score games

Its all in the hips
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:38 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:29 am Hate to say it, but I don’t think it matter who is where. FF wins the region. Maybe not easily, but they hands down win this region. Like I said, hate to say it, but I’m a realist.
I'm curious as to why you think Fort Frye is such a shoe in to win this region? You have Mogadore which is a state power, Springfield, which i get ppl say they haven't been to the playoffs in a few years but will be 19-1 in there last 20 games and have been absolutely demolishing teams and Trimble, who played for a D7 title last year and returned 8 starters from that team. Fort very well could win the region like you say, but so could either 1 of the other top 3 teams. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the regional semifinals and finals are only 1 score games
1. Number of athletes
2. Versatility

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This region is stacked anyway you look at it.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:09 pm This region is stacked anyway you look at it.
Agreed

Its all in the hips
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:06 pm
1. Number of athletes
2. Versatility
Both things I can guarantee Trimble and Mogadore have. Probably Springfield too

Its all in the hips
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:42 pm
1. Number of athletes
2. Versatility
Trimble doesn't have #2. They can't pass the ball against good teams. It'll show if they need it in the playoffs.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 pm

1. Number of athletes
2. Versatility
Trimble doesn't have #2. They can't pass the ball against good teams. It'll show if they need it in the playoffs.
Guess we'll find out in a few weeks. You can come watch since the Bucks will be sitting at home

Its all in the hips
Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

This whole trimble can't pass thing is crazy kittle has completed 30 passes out of 45 attempts for over 600 yards I mean I know they don't have a D1 running back but they have a couple avarage backs and a train in the backfield so why show the passing game now let them all get ready to stop the run and BAM spread the field and light it up but you better watch playing the spread to deep bc kittle will kill you on the ground

#whatmakesyouthinkimfromtrimble

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

Bone dust wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:38 pm This whole trimble can't pass thing is crazy kittle has completed 30 passes out of 45 attempts for over 600 yards I mean I know they don't have a D1 running back but they have a couple avarage backs and a train in the backfield so why show the passing game now let them all get ready to stop the run and BAM spread the field and light it up but you better watch playing the spread to deep bc kittle will kill you on the ground

Trimble or fort has played anyone yet who could completely shut down there growing and pound offense if a team does I think fort has the better chance of passing when you have to. It’s easy to pass when a team can’t stop the run and everyone is crowding the line of scrimmage to stop it

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Green 50 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:53 pm
Bone dust wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:38 pm This whole trimble can't pass thing is crazy kittle has completed 30 passes out of 45 attempts for over 600 yards I mean I know they don't have a D1 running back but they have a couple avarage backs and a train in the backfield so why show the passing game now let them all get ready to stop the run and BAM spread the field and light it up but you better watch playing the spread to deep bc kittle will kill you on the ground

Trimble or fort has played anyone yet who could completely shut down there growing and pound offense if a team does I think fort has the better chance of passing when you have to. It’s easy to pass when a team can’t stop the run and everyone is crowding the line of scrimmage to stop it
But that's what I'm saying first you half to stop the run if you can but if this game happens between these 2 if I'm trimble I run run run take the clock and beat them by a TD JMO

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye Soph QB Ian Ellis is 15/15 passing last 2 weeks with 4 Tds.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Fort vs Trimble would be a very interesting game. Would probably come down to who throws it better since they both pride themselves on defense/stopping the run. Really hoping it plays out and we get to see this matchup

Its all in the hips
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:39 pm Fort vs Trimble would be a very interesting game. Would probably come down to who throws it better since they both pride themselves on defense/stopping the run. Really hoping it plays out and we get to see this matchup
Really don’t know what’s going to happen. I think most the state thinks Mogadore or Springfield is going to win the region.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:01 pm
Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:39 pm Fort vs Trimble would be a very interesting game. Would probably come down to who throws it better since they both pride themselves on defense/stopping the run. Really hoping it plays out and we get to see this matchup
Really don’t know what’s going to happen. I think most the state thinks Mogadore or Springfield is going to win the region.
We embrace the underdog mentality, Trimble has 3 regional titles since 2013 and were never once the favorite to win the region. 2013 Shadyside was the favorite, 2014 was supposed to be Shadyside or Caldwell, we beat them both, and last year was supposed to be Lucas or Prep, beat them both too

Its all in the hips
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:40 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:01 pm
We embrace the underdog mentality, Trimble has 3 regional titles since 2013 and were never once the favorite to win the region. 2013 Shadyside was the favorite, 2014 was supposed to be Shadyside or Caldwell, we beat them both, and last year was supposed to be Lucas or Prep, beat them both too
D6 might be a little different...Who knows? Who knows! Excited to see this one play out!!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:21 pm
Guess we'll find out in a few weeks. You can come watch since the Bucks will be sitting at home
I'll watch it on game film. :o Care to wager on whether the wee cats will beat a team that forces them to pass? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:47 pm

I'll watch it on game film. :o Care to wager on whether the wee cats will beat a team that forces them to pass? :mrgreen:
Tomcat envy has reared its ugly head again. Hang in there ground puke it will ease.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Think about this ground Chuck nelsonville put 21 on the board with that said offense I'm pretty sure Trimble can score on them or was that bc ff wasn't healthy? Or maybe bc you have a D1 player

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Bone dust wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:35 pm
Think about this ground Chuck nelsonville put 21 on the board with that said offense I'm pretty sure Trimble can score on them or was that bc ff wasn't healthy? Or maybe bc you have a D1 player
LMAO they were already subbing when they scored it was 38-0 in the 1st

SG REBEL

Post by SG REBEL »

By our projections, if Belpre (Porterfield) Belpre can defeat Reedsville (Tuppers Plains) Eastern (Meigs) by more than 3 TD's, they will advance to the R21 playoffs... per our Bidwell Annex

Return to “Football”