Beaver Eastern 26 - 62 Southeastern

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Beaver Eastern 26 - 62 Southeastern

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Awesome Pics! He is a great high school football player. Does he have scholarship offers in Football or is he going to go Track?

Also .... how long has Southeastern had football back? If I remember correctly didn’t Southeastern drop their football program for a year or two?
Last edited by ItsMyOpinion on Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:38 pm Any videos of his runs ?
Unfortunately I don’t have any videos.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Chief02 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:28 pm When you don’t have anywhere to go, you go over if you’re Lane Ruby.
If the game was at southeastern that would have been a penalty. We called several times for hurdling.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks like he’s diving over top, unless he has terrible hurdle form.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:42 pm
Chief02 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:28 pm When you don’t have anywhere to go, you go over if you’re Lane Ruby.
If the game was at southeastern that would have been a penalty. We called several times for hurdling.
That doesn’t look like illegal hurdling, to the best of my NFHS rules knowledge and reading. He’s not jumping over a defender where the defender’s only points of contact to the playing surface is their feet.

I could be completely wrong on this, but I believe that’s what the rule has always been unless it was changed recently.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Ruby is impressive athlete

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:05 pm Ruby is impressive athlete
Yes he is. That’s really what we need to appreciate. He is an amazing athlete and an amazing young man. Hoping that as the fall goes on he gets some more offers to come in from some larger schools.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:23 pm Awesome Pics! He is a great high school football player. Does he have scholarship offers in Football or is he going to go Track?

Also .... how long has Southeastern had football back? If I remember correctly didn’t Southeastern drop their football program for a year or two?
If I remember correctly, Southeastern played one year on a JV schedule- due to lack of numbers (upperclassmen) in the 1995/96 season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

KRS wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:36 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:23 pm Awesome Pics! He is a great high school football player. Does he have scholarship offers in Football or is he going to go Track?

If I remember correctly, Southeastern played one year on a JV schedule- due to lack of numbers (upperclassmen) in the 1995/96 season.
I think this is correct, I don't believe there's a time where they completely dropped football. They've had it for quite sometime and over the last 4 years with Ruby at the helm has been there most productive and most consistent years. With the exception of a team here and there over the years, Southeastern has enjoyed it's best seasons for the past 3 years and looks like this year will be 4 as I can easily see them at 7-0 headed into to the toughest part of their schedule.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I think S.E. started football around 73 maybe 74. I played against them 75-78.
Didn’t realize they played a JV schedule that recently.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Raiderball wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:27 am I think S.E. started football around 73 maybe 74. I played against them 75-78.
1975 was the first season, JV for one season, had a bunch of freshman and hardly any juniors or seniors come out. Probably saved football at SE. If those freshmen would have a played the varsity schedule that season they probably would have quit playing in the years to follow and the program would have collapsed. SE has had good years the last few, only comparable time I can recall is the late 80's( 85-89) when arguably some of the best to ever play, played for the Panthers. Jeff Fairchild Qb, who signed and played at Division 2 St. Josephs and Mike Adams Qb,who signed with Akron was leading the way. Along with the previous mentioned I would put Ruby along with Netter as the best I have watched . Hopefully continued success for the Panthers the rest of the way.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

KRS wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 pm
Raiderball wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:27 am I think S.E. started football around 73 maybe 74. I played against them 75-78.
1975 was the first season, JV for one season, had a bunch of freshman and hardly any juniors or seniors come out. Probably saved football at SE. If those freshmen would have a played the varsity schedule that season they probably would have quit playing in the years to follow and the program would have collapsed. SE has had good years the last few, only comparable time I can recall is the late 80's( 85-89) when arguably some of the best to ever play, played for the Panthers. Jeff Fairchild Qb, who signed and played at Division 2 St. Josephs and Mike Adams Qb,who signed with Akron was leading the way. Along with the previous mentioned I would put Ruby along with Netter as the best I have watched . Hopefully continued success for the Panthers the rest of the way.
They were definitely a basketball school when Larry Jordan was there all those years.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

KRS wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 pm
They had some pretty good teams in the late 90's early 2000's. Made the playoffs in '01. Went 9-1 in the regular season and hosted a first round game that they lost to Bishop Ready.

Return to “Football”