Greenup County (KY) 27 - 45 Minford

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: WK3 Minford @ Greenup County (KY)

Post by Beergogglebluez »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:44 pm
14U wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:24 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 pm

None, they're just thinking he's going to be that good. He's probably more of a baseball prospect, kids a really good pitcher.
It’s put down as he is a D-I QB with offer!
Really for QB??? Where?? I don't see his name listed on any recruiting sites.
I looked out of curiosity. On 247sports.com Eli sammons is the number 19 quarterback in Kentucky committed to Marshall.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

None, they're just thinking he's going to be that good. He's probably more of a baseball prospect, kids a really good pitcher.
No one ever said he has offers as a QB lol stop trying to turn nothing into something. He is a D-1 athlete with Big schools looking at him to play outfield at the next level.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:38 pm

I looked out of curiosity. On 247sports.com Eli sammons is the number 19 quarterback in Kentucky committed to Marshall.
Their talking about Minfords Qb.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Who said D-I ? I didn’t somebody else or a falcon said they have a D-I too!! Read it again.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I watched the Greenup vs Raceland game and that QB is legit. He has good size and a rocket for an arm. You could hear the balls hitting the receivers in the numbers from 20 feet away. on the other hand,at least half those passes were dropped. He also seemed like a legit running threat at times, he looked to be around 6-4 to 6-6 and in the 220-230# range. There was a few times he shook off defenders or ran over them to pick up first downs. If his line holds and his receivers improve they might do ok but they really struggled with dropped passes against Raceland.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:44 pm

No one ever said he has offers as a QB lol stop trying to turn nothing into something. He is a D-1 athlete with Big schools looking at him to play outfield at the next level.
Oh hush, guy said D-1 QB with offer. I wasn't turning anything into something I was curious because I know schools are after him in baseball but hadn't heard football. Kids a great 3 sport athlete.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Who said D-I ? I didn’t somebody else or a falcon said they have a D-I too!! Read it again.
Maybe I misread what you meant, when you said he is a D-1 QB with offer.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 pm I watched the Greenup vs Raceland game and that QB is legit. He has good size and a rocket for an arm. You could hear the balls hitting the receivers in the numbers from 20 feet away. on the other hand,at least half those passes were dropped. He also seemed like a legit running threat at times, he looked to be around 6-4 to 6-6 and in the 220-230# range. There was a few times he shook off defenders or ran over them to pick up first downs. If his line holds and his receivers improve they might do ok but they really struggled with dropped passes against Raceland.
Yeah rivals has him at 6-6, 215

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The kid from greenup has the D1 look. Easy to pick up from a lineup. His pass delivery is weird but you can tell he can sling it.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Oh hush, guy said D-1 QB with offer. I wasn't turning anything into something I was curious because I know schools are after him in baseball but hadn't heard football. Kids a great 3 sport athlete.

Hey goose here is what I was going on from another member! I didn’t start the D-I QB thing, just ask if it’s true by asking who was offering him. So me and u got caught up into Minford fans talking.

vladimir
All State
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:31 pm

mattash wrote: ↑
Thoughts?

Greenup County has a D1 QB
Minford also has a D1-prospect at QB.

Mojo Bob
Waterboy

Post by Mojo Bob »

Just to clean this topic up a little:
Greenup QB, Eli Sammons is NOT the 19th ranked QB in Kentucky. He is the 2nd ranked QB in KY and the 19th OVERALL prospect via 247sports. He is the 77th ranked pro style QB in the nation per 247sports and is a 3 star recruit verbally committed to Marshall.

With that being said, I think this will be an exciting game as both teams look to be competitive and well coached. Good luck to both on Friday!

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

*cough* 2 sport

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Its impressive to see a D1 QB play in high school. Its one thing to be able to sling it, but does CG have kids that can catch it?

This should be one of the better games in the area. Minford seems very well rounded offensively and they have good speed on the back end of the defense.

Seems like the game will come down to how well Minford can cover the CG receivers down field and not let the big QB run.

CG will have to win the LOS defensively and not let Minford pound the ball on them all night.

I like Minford scoring early and pulling away late:

Minford 38
GC 28
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

14U wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:25 am

Hey goose here is what I was going on from another member! I didn’t start the D-I QB thing, just ask if it’s true by asking who was offering him. So me and u got caught up into Minford fans talking.

vladimir
All State
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:31 pm

mattash wrote: ↑
Thoughts?

Greenup County has a D1 QB
Minford also has a D1-prospect at QB.
It all comes down to reading, comprehension, and making assumptions folks. You know what the old saying is about assuming, right?

I said, "Minford also has a D1-prospect at QB ." I didn't say the young man is a D1 QB-prospect, nor did I say in what sport. Just only saying Minford's QB is a D1 level athlete.

To rewrite the post in a more elementary fashion: Lewis is a D1 prospect IN baseball, who just so happens to be playing the QB position for Minford. Nevertheless, the young man is a D1 level prospect, and it doesn't really matter in what sport, only he is athletic enough to make it to the next level.
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

MClaw wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am

*cough* 2 sport
He's given up hoops?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Lewis is only in his Jr year, so the sky is still the limit for him.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm Its impressive to see a D1 QB play in high school. Its one thing to be able to sling it, but does CG have kids that can catch it?

This should be one of the better games in the area. Minford seems very well rounded offensively and they have good speed on the back end of the defense.

Seems like the game will come down to how well Minford can cover the CG receivers down field and not let the big QB run.

CG will have to win the LOS defensively and not let Minford pound the ball on them all night.

Minford 38
CG 28
Muletown playing Coal Grove this week ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:27 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm Its impressive to see a D1 QB play in high school. Its one thing to be able to sling it, but does CG have kids that can catch it?

Minford 38
CG 28
Muletown playing Coal Grove this week ?
No it's just the week of the year that I apparently develop dyslexia!

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

JK you Man .

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:40 pm JK you Man .
I know you were.
I'm at the age that I notice myself holding things further away to read them.
Father time........it sneaks up on us all.

Return to “Football”