Wheelersburg 34 Ashland 33

FBfan007
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg 34 Ashland 33

Post by FBfan007 »

I-town-90 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm So I just watched the Ashland v Burg game. The long TD called back on Ashland on the pass play where the refs called a hold was an absolute joke. There wasn't a single lineman or the wide out that came close to anything resembling a hold, not even close.

How did you watch the game? I would love to watch it!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

I-town-90 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm So I just watched the Ashland v Burg game. The long TD called back on Ashland on the pass play where the refs called a hold was an absolute joke. There wasn't a single lineman or the wide out that came close to anything resembling a hold, not even close. HOMERED BAD!
Ironton claiming ref homer. Rumor has it Lawrence County officials are locked in the Ironton school basement and hypnotized. When the phone rings the indoctrination kicks in. They can be heard murmuring to themselves “Ironton is good and opponents are bad”. But since you were playing Where’s Waldo thanks for the unbiased input.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

If it was a bad call against them, the refs definitely made up for it with a number of non calls for holding later in the game on an Ashland TD drive straight in front of them on the Burg sideline.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I-town-90 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm So I just watched the Ashland v Burg game. The long TD called back on Ashland on the pass play where the refs called a hold was an absolute joke. There wasn't a single lineman or the wide out that came close to anything resembling a hold, not even close. HOMERED BAD!
Ironton people can’t talk about homer or home cooking. Just think the whole 80’s and 90’s when they had the same officials for every home game or they looked like it!! U couldn’t win at Ironton because of the flags. Ask many greats or teams that played there. The CAPE game with Snow he couldn’t run nothing without flags. The Washington DC team flags. CAPE overtime and they had to play in water and mud when irontons turn,put ball on dryer non played on grass on home side. Ironton kicker misses kick flag try’s again misses flag but made it the third time. I could go on. Next time u put something on like this make sure ur own school isn’t worse in the tri state At homering young men week in week out and year in year out!!

eagle one
Freshman Team

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by eagle one »

Burg4 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:27 pm
eagle one wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:44 am
Burg4 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:52 am Burg rebounds this week. Home field advantage. Burg by 10
a bad burg team can swing a 3-0 tomcats into a 10 pt win? thats a home field advantage you may want to keep under wraps..... lol!!
When you play Wheelersburg, you play the whole town. Gets a birds eye view eagle one cause The Pirates will be righting the ship tonight.

GO BURG!!!
i guess that means the guys with whistles too!! :D

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I know with Minford's experience last week over in Greenup, the flags were flying against the Falcons in abundance. I'd expect it to be just as bad, if not worse this Friday night.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:36 am I know with Minford's experience last week over in Greenup, the flags were flying against the Falcons in abundance. I'd expect it to be just as bad, if not worse this Friday night.
Ugh. I don’t understand the point of hurting kids because you have some sort of bent about a team or community. Kids who spend hours working hard to win shouldn’t be penalized for that. I wasn’t there so I’ll take your word for it, but was the penalties legit against Minford and they were just one sided, or did it appear to be phantom flagging?

In the Ashland game, the penalties were consistently called evenly. In the end, that’s all you can ask for. Sure they are going to miss some and call some questionable ones, but if they appear to do so for both teams, then that’s a good officiated game.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:55 am
Ironton people can’t talk about homer or home cooking. Just think the whole 80’s and 90’s when they had the same officials for every home game or they looked like it!! U couldn’t win at Ironton because of the flags. Ask many greats or teams that played there. The CAPE game with Snow he couldn’t run nothing without flags. The Washington DC team flags. CAPE overtime and they had to play in water and mud when irontons turn,put ball on dryer non played on grass on home side. Ironton kicker misses kick flag try’s again misses flag but made it the third time. I could go on. Next time u put something on like this make sure ur own school isn’t worse in the tri state At homering young men week in week out and year in year out!!
Come on it has always been that way at both places bad calls happen it is part of the game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:00 pm
vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:36 am I know with Minford's experience last week over in Greenup, the flags were flying against the Falcons in abundance. I'd expect it to be just as bad, if not worse this Friday night.
Ugh. I don’t understand the point of hurting kids because you have some sort of bent about a team or community. Kids who spend hours working hard to win shouldn’t be penalized for that. I wasn’t there so I’ll take your word for it, but was the penalties legit against Minford and they were just one sided, or did it appear to be phantom flagging?

In the Ashland game, the penalties were consistently called evenly. In the end, that’s all you can ask for. Sure they are going to miss some and call some questionable ones, but if they appear to do so for both teams, then that’s a good officiated game.
No, it was terrible and extremely lopsided. A coach told me off the cuff on his way home from the game it seemed like it was 25-2 in penalties, but after watching the film it was more like 14-2 penalty calls. Get ready for your DE's and outside LBs to get tackled with no calls, and if they shed the tackle/block to get called for defensive holding.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm

No, it was terrible and extremely lopsided. A coach told me off the cuff on his way home from the game it seemed like it was 25-2 in penalties, but after watching the film it was more like 14-2 penalty calls. Get ready for your DE's and outside LBs to get tackled with no calls, and if they shed the tackle/block to get called for defensive holding.
Not good

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm

Per paper minford had 8 penalties, 8 is a far cry from 25 but what do you expect , consider the source

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Paper is wrong. Watch the film. You can find it on mytown.tv

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I seen that article too. I put it on here the other day

Return to “Football”