Post by mattash »

Thougths?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by BurgBaskets »

Ashland has a great 3-0 team and Burg dealing with injuries to key players. I think this one stays close til the end. Go Burg!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Burg rebounds this week. Home field advantage. Burg by 10

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Ashland wins.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Burg BIG!!!

3-0 Ashland has beaten teams with combined records of 1-7. Burg gets the W!!!

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Defensively, it seems like we have some things figured out, and I expect a few changes will take place with personnel, because of injury and attrition. Offensively, I expect some young faces to contribute in key spots like RB.
Question is, does 29 try and go this week or does he play it safe. Ik he’s chomping at the bit. If he does go, it’s spot duty I would suspect. He’s a tough kid

And, a Home game, where burg nation feels like a W is a great possibility, I’d say the ED will be rocking.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Going with Ashland with Mathews out

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Ashland has two good backs. Give me the tomcats by a touchdown.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tomcats in this one. (As far as all the talk and injury status on these different threads, and I don't know the whole situation but do you risk bringing a kid back earlier than expected in a high school football game against another good out of conference larger team ?)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

This game can go either way. I think burgs defense is starting to gel. Offensively I think masters at qb will help open up the passing game.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm Tomcats in this one. (As far as all the talk and injury status on these different threads, and I don't know the whole situation but do you risk bringing a kid back earlier than expected in a high school football game against another good out of conference larger team ?)
Totally agree. If it’s up to the coaches, I’d say hold him out.

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Another tough game...I agree with the above post. Hopefully some of the injuries from last game will be healed up and okay to play. I think starting 0-2 and playing at the Ed will provide the fire in the belly to win a close one. Can’t wait!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:44 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm Tomcats in this one. (As far as all the talk and injury status on these different threads, and I don't know the whole situation but do you risk bringing a kid back earlier than expected in a high school football game against another good out of conference larger team ?)
That's what I'm thinking. (Nobody in SEO has played a tougher first 3 game non-conference schedule this year and I don't think It's even up for debate).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:51 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:44 pm
That's what I'm thinking. (Nobody in SEO has played a tougher first 3 game non-conference schedule this year and I don't think It's even up for debate).
This out of conference schedule will pay dividends this year and the next few years.
As far as 29, was told he’s lobbying to play, and not sure if his doctor has to release or B tennent. They will make the right decision. #GreatCoaches #TheBurgWay

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’m going to pick burg in a close game. And please if the Matthews kid is not healed do not bring him back just to play a football game. Only a worse situation could happen out of another injury. I’m picking burg without him in the lineup. Ashland will be ready for a game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Injury will come when u play a big physical Ironton team and 4 straight D-III teams. There is nobody in D-V that will play a schedule like this. Burg will play anybody and schedule anybody. It will make Burg better at the end and it will show. Each win gets mega points and pass the schools that play nobody. I believe burg will turn their season around this week with a win. Just think burg could play nobodies for non league games but wants the fun in that? Starters out at half running clock and no computer points. I would rather play their schedule they have and get better, mega points etc!!

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

Ruby is out 4-5 weeks. The list keeps growing for burg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FBfan007 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:27 pm Ruby is out 4-5 weeks. The list keeps growing for burg.
Best ability is availability.
Next man up

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:36 pm This game can go either way. I think burgs defense is starting to gel. Offensively I think masters at qb will help open up the passing game.
The burgs D has played one good half of football in 2 games. I’m not sure ironton is anywhere near as good as all there fans think they are. They quit late in the ironton game. The O has trouble executing simple plays. Gonna have to show me something before I start believing in this team.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

fbnut wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:01 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:36 pm This game can go either way. I think burgs defense is starting to gel. Offensively I think masters at qb will help open up the passing game.
The burgs D has played one good half of football in 2 games. I’m not sure ironton is anywhere near as good as all there fans think they are. They quit late in the ironton game. The O has trouble executing simple plays. Gonna have to show me something before I start believing in this team.
Maybe a different perspective. Week one burg loses their starting qb and rb also their starting safety and outside lb. so yeah I’m sure it looked like they quit the second half. Week 2 they played basically a small college. No way was burg going to compete with so many young kids starting on each side of the ball. I will agree that they need to find an identity on offense. But they showed some promise in both games so far. I think the pieces are there,just needs fine tuned. I also agree that ironton not the world beaters some of their fans think.. however they are a good team.

Return to “Football”