WK3 - Fairland 7 Ironton 49

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK3 - Fairland (2-0) @ Ironton (2-0)

Post by Ironman92 »

It’ll take crucial turnovers by Ironton for Fairland to keep this close.

Feels like a 37-7 game

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Fairland first two games it seem like the defense has been good. If Ironton can limit turnovers they’ll win this one

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 3 - Fairland (2-0) at Ironton (2-0)

Post by OHHS old timer »

Flyers58 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:54 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:16 am
kantucky wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:09 am Coach Pendleton, I LOVE seeing them Tigers coming out onto the field carrying the American flag!! Thank you!!!!

[Photo Ashland Daily]
Gives an ol Retired Air Force fella a lot of pride to see the teams leading the way with the flag.....Kudos to Ironton and Portsmouth...........and any other school showing respect for the Flag............
Amen Flyers58!! Love those young men coming out with Old Glory. Got several hs teams down here in NW Fla doing the same...USA...USA...USA

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Being this is an OVC game, the Tigers need to be focused on Fairland and only the Dragons. Take it one game at a time, no exceptions.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

The first week I was very pleasantly surprised to see Ironton drawing so few flags. Last week reminded me of last year at one point. Back to back motion penalties are the sort of thing that will kill a team. Also thought both weeks the Tigers offensively came out flat and uninspired. Although we can't over look who they we're playing could have made them look that way as well

This Friday, Ironton steps back out onto the field with their swagger showing like the cock of the walk and defeats Fairland by 21+
Last edited by kantucky on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope they come out focused tuck.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:31 pm I hope they come out focused tuck.
Me too! Sadly though, I'll miss the next two games. I'll be in northern Michigan and Canada...even more sad is I won't have a fishing pole with me :shock:

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
scott1297
All Conference

Re: Week 3 - Fairland (2-0) at Ironton (2-0)

Post by scott1297 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 am wow, what a nail biter. Russell has a fine team. I knew they did. and as expected I expected ironton to be a lil hung over from the burg game. Russell is a better team right now than burg, no 2 ways around it. meanwhile fairland drove the oaks into the ground like a golf tee. bishop Hartley stomped a mudhole in the burg. and Ashland was manhandling George Washington. so next week against the dragons should be a war. we cannot look past fairland, thinking about Ashland. the dragons will be a handful. beware. burg has Ashland next week and I look for Ashland to do what Hartley did. so we ain't getting any points from burg till they hit league play. and may struggle there. I don't know any other scores. I could not get the live feed, I saw the video. but when I pushed the arrow. it said content not available. I tried numerous times on mytown and ironton football. so I listened to it on iheart, while watching marshall play. I had friends pming me on facebook trying to help. but it just didn't happen. but I certainly thank them for trying. sounds like an absolute nail biter against Russell. two big physical old school football teams getting it on. but as far as the td call. if you cross the goal line with the ball secured, that's all it takes. that's an instant sign for a ref to signal td. what happens after that is immaterial. even without the td the tigers win 3-0. but I wasn't there.
Burg would beat Russel! I agree with your statement when u said that Ironton had a hangover from last week

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

This is a toss up I would say Ironton by 7

Burg grad 85
tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton way too physical. First blow out of the season.
Ironton 48
Fairland 6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

kantucky wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:45 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:31 pm I hope they come out focused tuck.
Me too! Sadly though, I'll miss the next two games. I'll be in northern Michigan and Canada...even more sad is I won't have a fishing pole with me :shock:
well tuck I was getting ready to say I know what you'll be up to. and was gonna ask if you had an extra boat seat. then I read your last sentence. that's just sad.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:01 pm This is a toss up I would say Ironton by 7
That will make us 3-0 !

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Another good test for the Fighting Tigers. I look for this to be the first test of pass defense for the orange and black. Week one was emotional for both the team and the crowd. Week
two was a tougher opponent than most give the Devils credit for. That is the best Russell team than they’ve had in at least 10 years. I thought the kids did a great job of gutting through.
Coach Cunningham will have his kids ready to repeat the upset that they pulled two years ago in
the Tank. I fully expect, after a couple tune up
games, to be ready to
play. I also expect Coach Pendleton to
continue to
evolve and continue to
build the offense and become more balanced.
I feel the Fighting Tigers skilled players will shine more this week and I also see more and more kids getting a chance to play, as the competition in practice will breed more opportunity.
I think Fighting Tigers skilled players shine and Ill go with a 38-13 final.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Really don’t think the Russell game was close because of a hangover from wheelersburg, Russell is better than most expected ( me included ) TJ is a really good coach they had a good game plan that kept them in the game , I don’t see fairland keeping this close , talking about the upset 2 years ago or even things that happened last year all that’s in the past this isn’t That team coach Pendleton does a good job keeping them ready each week

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

tigers by 18

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:18 am
scott1297 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:01 pm This is a toss up I would say Ironton by 7
That will make us 3-0 !
Yes and that's awesome I like seeing area teams improve. Makes southern Ohio football look good so good luck to your Tigers for an injury free game

Burg grad 85
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I hope someone starts calling plays this week last weeks play calling was not very good for Ironton.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

The Freeman boy needs to be running routes!

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Dragons will struggle in this one. Qb play is not at the level for Fairland to win big games. Fairland has the athletes to play with any OVC team but without a solid qb to get the ball to them, they are limited. I am not knocking the kids that play the position for Fairland, they are just young and inexperienced. They will get better but it is a learning curve for the first few games. Ironton 42 - 7.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

12gauge wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:11 pm The Freeman boy needs to be running routes!
What’s he running

Return to “Football”