WK3 - Fairland 7 Ironton 49

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: Week 3 - Fairland (2-0) at Ironton (2-0)

Post by Sport Fan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 am wow, what a nail biter. Russell has a fine team. I knew they did. and as expected I expected ironton to be a lil hung over from the burg game. Russell is a better team right now than burg, no 2 ways around it. meanwhile fairland drove the oaks into the ground like a golf tee. bishop Hartley stomped a mudhole in the burg. and Ashland was manhandling George Washington. so next week against the dragons should be a war. we cannot look past fairland, thinking about Ashland. the dragons will be a handful. beware. burg has Ashland next week and I look for Ashland to do what Hartley did. so we ain't getting any points from burg till they hit league play. and may struggle there. I don't know any other scores. I could not get the live feed, I saw the video. but when I pushed the arrow. it said content not available. I tried numerous times on mytown and ironton football. so I listened to it on iheart, while watching marshall play. I had friends pming me on facebook trying to help. but it just didn't happen. but I certainly thank them for trying. sounds like an absolute nail biter against Russell. two big physical old school football teams getting it on. but as far as the td call. if you cross the goal line with the ball secured, that's all it takes. that's an instant sign for a ref to signal td. what happens after that is immaterial. even without the td the tigers win 3-0. but I wasn't there.

Are you saying Ashland is as good as Hartley ??

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK3 - Fairland (2-0) @ Ironton (2-0)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

no are you.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

I'm expecting this to be a decent game for a few possessions until Fairland is slowed down by Ironton's physicality. Ironton by 3 scores

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:29 pm no are you.
Good luck to your Tigers this week

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks brother. yer outfit as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Week 2 is the strongest team Ironton has seen so far. That said, still gotta focus and play mistake free football to get a conference win. No looking ahead.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With Reid Carrico committing to the Buckeyes this morning, I bet Bait is a happy camper.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Is Ironton really back? Would like to see them run the table.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Think ironton puts this game away early , get the young tigers some PT in the second half

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:11 pm Week 2 is the strongest team Ironton has seen so far. That said, still gotta focus and play mistake free football to get a conference win. No looking ahead.
I agree never look ahead but I believe Tigers toughest test will be 9/20 at Ashland. Its homecoming week and the Tomcats have a very good team.Ashland hasn't been tested yet so this week will give us a good idea if they are good or not? I know it's just Ashland!!! Fairland will test the Tigers defense that's for sure. I'm guessing 35-14 Tigers?
Last edited by KY.BUCKEYE on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G0 BuCKs
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:59 am With Reid Carrico committing to the Buckeyes this morning, I bet Bait is a happy camper.
I'm very happy and tickled and excited for him. I know the family are buckeye fans , and was hoping it would be his choice.

Carzycurt
Freshman Team

Post by Carzycurt »

Ironton in a tight game

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Fairland fineness doesn’t match with Ironton’s smash mouth approach

Ironton with a 3 score W.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

where in tarnation are the dragon faithful. looked forward to chattin with em.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

KY.BUCKEYE wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:23 pm
XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:11 pm Week 2 is the strongest team Ironton has seen so far. That said, still gotta focus and play mistake free football to get a conference win. No looking ahead.
I agree never look ahead but I believe Tigers toughest test will be 9/21 at Ashland. Its homecoming week and the Tomcats have a very good team.Ashland hasn't been tested yet so this week will give us a good idea if they are good or not? I know it's just Ashland!!! Fairland will test the Tigers defense that's for sure. I'm guessing 35-14 Tigers?
I agree about Ashland likely being the toughest test to date. but we have to lock down the dragons 1st, and they are 2-0. we best not get caught looking ahead to the tomcats and forget we gotta bunch of dragons breathing fire on our keysters. to hear wheelersburg posters tell the tigers are up 9 touchdowns though because we are at home. I look for a very competitive game though.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tigers staying focused and getting the offense growling is a must. No looking ahead to Ashland after their most physical game against Russell.
Ashland will be another very talented KY team to prep for.
March on Fighting Tigers!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Irontons run defense is stout. Now it’s time to test there pass defense. Fairland likes to throw. Ironton will win but I don’t see a blow out. Fairland will score a few points

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I read where the start time has been moved to 7:30

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton's defense is good all around. The secondary is improved and they seem to be deep at cornerback. Remember this defense held Ashland to 14 last season. Fairland had an excellent qb and we dominated them in Fairland. Carrico blocked kicks, returned kicks, ran all over them. The defense smothered them. Just hope the offense finally blows up. This team is special. So many weapons. Give Fosson the ball more, This guy is a wrecking ball.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I think Ironton pulls away in the second half and wins 35-14.

Return to “Football”