Re: Northwest Stadium

Post by greygoose »

bfry wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 pm 50B3DE1A-7DB2-407E-ADA4-AE4035F73ECE.jpeg
Looks really good.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Highschool and the Jr high practiced on the new field today.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Looks really good hopefully it gets more kids out to play but they will still have the problem of being such a big district a lot of families can’t afford to take kids back and forth for practice during the summer but this might keep kids from transferring so much is the valley game still going to be the first game on it?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:42 pm Looks really good hopefully it gets more kids out to play but they will still have the problem of being such a big district a lot of families can’t afford to take kids back and forth for practice during the summer but this might keep kids from transferring so much is the valley game still going to be the first game on it?
Yes the Valley game will be the first.
Northwest has around 60 kids this year 45 of them are freshmen and sophomores. The weight room was full all spring and summer. They are working harder than they ever have. Next year they will probably have over 70 on the roster. Things are heading in the right direction.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 pm
Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:42 pm Looks really good hopefully it gets more kids out to play but they will still have the problem of being such a big district a lot of families can’t afford to take kids back and forth for practice during the summer but this might keep kids from transferring so much is the valley game still going to be the first game on it?
Yes the Valley game will be the first.
Northwest has around 60 kids this year 45 of them are freshmen and sophomores. The weight room was full all spring and summer. They are working harder than they ever have. Next year they will probably have over 70 on the roster. Things are heading in the right direction.
That’s good to hear i hope they can turn it around

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I had a tour about a week ago. Very nice. The whole community is exited about the new facility. I love the block wall along the home endzone.

I’m ecstatic for them...

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

How many people will the new facility hold

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Not sure dog. Ik they’re trying to get tournaments, so would have to be close to 3k I would think

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

uggh, the dreaded track around the field. Facility still looks impressive from these images!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

60 plus kids on roster
40 plus underclassmen

2 wins in a row

I think the program is on the upswing

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Very Nice I wish all the communities got behind the program and done this for all of the kids The kids all deserve it

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:25 pm Congrats Dave Frantz. If you build it, they will come....
Don’t know about all that!! Build it they will come, but the players will have a nice field to play on and visiting team too. These kids playing today don’t know how lucky they are to play on fields like these. Wish they had fields like these in my days playing, only had astroturf like playing in the street or concrete with green porch carpet, lol,

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:24 pm How many people will the new facility hold
I think the new visitor bleachers seats 750

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Gearing up for the SOC2, which I think they would be very competitive in now.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

mattash wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:40 pm Gearing up for the SOC2, which I think they would be very competitive in now.
As much as I would like to see that, I'd be very skeptical about that.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I thought northwest was in SOC I?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

14U wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:33 pm I thought northwest was in SOC I?
They are. Last I heard, they would stay down in SOC 1 for the next few years, kind of like valley and oak hill did

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:40 pm
They are. Last I heard, they would stay down in SOC 1 for the next few years, kind of like valley and oak hill did
Thought they did few years back. Thanks

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

14U wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:04 pm
Said they needed more time.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:32 pm
14U wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Said they needed more time.
Northwest can compete better down in one. I guess they start winning and getting the boys into it more and get players that wouldn’t come out. It’s all about having fun but there wasn’t any playing the teams they had too!

Return to “Football”