6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Re: Final: Jackson 31 Athens 26

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:27 am
6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:19 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:09 am

I gave several respectful posts to Athens about the game

raider spends a lot of posts throughout the seasons poking at Jackson....02 had read enough it appears. I thought it was funny. Doesn’t change any of my comments about Athens plays and efforts.
I don't think it's funny at all, rather childish. And you're correct about your comments.
His poking at Jackson all through the year is childish as well.

02 for the first 10 years of this place was one of the most respectful posters on this site. Crap kept him from posting much anymore. This place used to have great discussion but now so many read but don’t post while 15 of us do all the posting. Guessing dozens of people reading had a lot of thoughts about this game but few chip in. You know people that know me and know I’m a good person for kids and sports and I know people that know you that say the same. Good luck the rest of the way.
I get that, and I respect that. Raider speaks for himself. I like this site for actual information and thoughtful insight. It's the repeated drivel about Athens this or that. My goodness, it's 2019, teams are in new leagues that look like a good fit. Things change, everything changes. Just be nice if people could be in the present and not continually in the past.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:31 am The comment about losing by 50 in the playoffs was harsh. I apologize for that one and wish the actual football team at Athens good luck the rest of the season. The rest of it was more than deserved.
Where's the emoji for back handed compliment?

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

I guess this is why I normally just read and not comment on here. I02, sorry for piling on. Good luck to Jackson the rest of the way.

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Childish? Perhaps but I didn’t see any Athens posters having any problems with any of raiders posts taking digs at Jackson on every thread that that involves Jackson 🤷‍♂️ Reap what you sow. Good win Ironmen. Good luck Athens with the rest of your season.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Well as a fan that was a great game to watch. At the end of the half you felt like it was pretty much going like maybe you thought would with a 3 score differential and then with what 5 minutes left it is a one score game and you are wondering if it will slip away.

Kudos to Athens for the second half, I am sure they were challenged by their coaches and man did they respond. For those including myself that thought at halftime the Bulldogs were pretty much done I was wrong. Some of the "smash mouth" versus "flag football" analogies proved wrong as both teams played tough and hard. You can combine an Athens type of offense with tough physical play they aren't mutually exclusive.

I am pretty sure I saw one of the two TVC Ohio players of the year last night in Joey Moore and/or Nate Trainor. Both exceptional and Moore a lot better than I was expecting, a lot. Trainor obviously not only has great hands at Shortstop on a baseball field but as a receiver on the gridiron as well, some of those catches and runs were great stuff.

Both teams knew what they wanted to do and Jackson just got a head start executing their plan. Offensive Line and a senior laden backfield just got the job done on most possessions and the defense held in a couple key, key 4th downs. Ice getting a first down on a hard run instead of stepping out of bounds was key to get a first down on a key play, he completed the passes when he was supposed to and played well. Prater kid is and is going to be special, he and our secondary played well against a good QB and offense.

Got chippy at the end and some of that stuff is expected I suppose (I knew a kid once that ran his mouth lol) but gotta watch it doesn't cost your team or yourself for that matter a game, but I do like the attitude it translates well to our style of play on offense and defense. Just know when to use it.

Few things learned tonight I think: Athens wins the TVC unless I am missing something and provides Jackson with a boat load of Harbin points; Wellston is better than you think maybe a second place finish; the Region 11 champion probably played in Scioto county last night just wow on that score; Waverly may be the team in the SOC; and last but not least Raider6309 the Athens super fan doesn't know there isn't band stands in the Athens end zones - hmmmm - I have a theory now on that.

Good luck to Athens hope you win out and let's go Ironman another old rival coming to town for Week 3.

BigBen
Waterboy

Re: Athens (0-1) vs Jackson (1-0)

Post by BigBen »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:46 pm
BigBen wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:42 pm Rather than a parking fee, I think Jackson should up their gate to $7. More money would be made because every person would pay more instead of just $3 per car. Plus you wouldn’t need parking attendants at 2 gates.That should give the “parking whiners” something to really whine about.
If you don’t want to help pay for the best facilities in southern Ohio (maybe all of Ohio), there’s plenty of street parking at the bottom of the hill. I’m sure everyone could use the exercise anyway.
Maybe Jackson can give that money back to the state. Remember State money paid for almost everything on the hill :lol:
Absolutely not true.

BigBen
Waterboy

Re: Athens (0-1) vs Jackson (1-0)

Post by BigBen »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:18 pm Great job Athens . QB is special . Probably the best we’ll see all year . Offense is hard to stop . Nate Trainer #8 is a a football player . Proud of him . Now go 9-1 Athens
Sorry poo. 8-2 looks doable though
Last edited by BigBen on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 pm I like how Jackson thinks they are better than the TVC and half of Jackson’s team is from the TVC. I never understood that
Half? Not quite. I don’t think two quite means half.
But even if they were, there is a reason they moved.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

ironman02 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:42 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 pm I like how Jackson thinks they are better than the TVC and half of Jackson’s team is from the TVC. I never understood that
I like how you're such a hypocrite. On the drive home, I thought about all the trash you would be posting. Sure enough, you didn't disappoint.

Has Athens ever accomplished a darn thing without a move-in QB? Lichtenburg, Gregory, Burrow, and even Moore now from what I am told. You whine about transfers but you are literally the school that has benefited the most from players moving in because their dads coach college football. You almost got a state title out of it...almost. I don't think Athens had ever won a playoff game until Joe Burrow fell in your lap.

I have been waiting months for Jackson to win this game and then just absolutely feed it to you. Unfortunately, pass defense was optional in the second half tonight (and Athens is pretty good), so I don't get to revel in your sadness as much as I wanted. It's not like getting it handed to you by 30 would have changed your tune anyway.

Honestly, no one from Jackson cares about the TVC. They cared about Athens voting for SEOAL expansion, running away before Burrow arrived, and basically starting the demise of the longest standing league in the entire state of Ohio. You can beat up on the TVC all you want and keep sending those L2 points our way. Anyway, hope you guys go 8-2, somehow sneak in the playoffs and then lose by 50 in the first round.
Well said. I believe Athens has Park South next week. If so, south will destroy them.

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

BigBen wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:25 am
I like how you're such a hypocrite. On the drive home, I thought about all the trash you would be posting. Sure enough, you didn't disappoint.

Has Athens ever accomplished a darn thing without a move-in QB? Lichtenburg, Gregory, Burrow, and even Moore now from what I am told. You whine about transfers but you are literally the school that has benefited the most from players moving in because their dads coach college football. You almost got a state title out of it...almost. I don't think Athens had ever won a playoff game until Joe Burrow fell in your lap.

I have been waiting months for Jackson to win this game and then just absolutely feed it to you. Unfortunately, pass defense was optional in the second half tonight (and Athens is pretty good), so I don't get to revel in your sadness as much as I wanted. It's not like getting it handed to you by 30 would have changed your tune anyway.

Honestly, no one from Jackson cares about the TVC. They cared about Athens voting for SEOAL expansion, running away before Burrow arrived, and basically starting the demise of the longest standing league in the entire state of Ohio. You can beat up on the TVC all you want and keep sending those L2 points our way. Anyway, hope you guys go 8-2, somehow sneak in the playoffs and then lose by 50 in the first round.
Well said. I believe Athens has Park South next week. If so, south will destroy them.
I guess you would know about those WV schools. Rooting for Athens anyway.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

South is big. Huge points game. Just sucks Athens and Jackson are in region 11. No chance this year

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

JohnDenver wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:21 am
BigBen wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:25 am

I guess you would know about those WV schools. Rooting for Athens anyway.
I know that Parkersburg south won big last night but know little about who they beat other than they’re from up around Morgantown. Anybody living this close to w va knows Parkersburg south is a large school that’s traditionally pretty good and most are familiar with many w va schools because News comes from there.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

They are a lot like Jackson. Big tough kids. Plus it's like OCC type points. Mostly D1 and D2 games

Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Kosar »

Athens will be fine, won’t be long they get to play D5 and D6 conference games 😂😂

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Kosar wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:05 pm Athens will be fine, won’t be long they get to play D5 and D6 conference games 😂😂
Well, they got South & Logan still, who are D2 schools and bigger than Athens

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BigBen wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:21 am
Half? Not quite. I don’t think two quite means half.
But even if they were, there is a reason they moved.
Moved is kind of a loose term. Lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens has played a handful of old Seoal schools the last few years. The results are mixed. They’ve beaten Logan by 7, lost to Jackson by 5. They’ve played gallia years ago with some success. Athens will steamroll through the TVC again this year and it’s becoming clearer and clearer that they just have too many resources for the rest of the TVC Ohio to compete on a regular basis. It’s not going to be long before something changes. Either on the Athens end, or the TVC’s.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 pm Athens has played a handful of old Seoal schools the last few years. The results are mixed. They’ve beaten Logan by 7, lost to Jackson by 5. They’ve played gallia years ago with some success. Athens will steamroll through the TVC again this year and it’s becoming clearer and clearer that they just have too many resources for the rest of the TVC Ohio to compete on a regular basis. It’s not going to be long before something changes. Either on the Athens end, or the TVC’s.
Not gonna happen.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 pm Athens has played a handful of old Seoal schools the last few years. The results are mixed. They’ve beaten Logan by 7, lost to Jackson by 5. They’ve played gallia years ago with some success. Athens will steamroll through the TVC again this year and it’s becoming clearer and clearer that they just have too many resources for the rest of the TVC Ohio to compete on a regular basis. It’s not going to be long before something changes. Either on the Athens end, or the TVC’s.
Athens shouldn't even be in the TVC to begin with. :lol: :lol:, most know it, and will agree with that.

Return to “Football”