SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Final: Fort Frye 64 Nelsonville York 21

Post by EasternDspy »

Nelsonville just can’t run the ball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This game was really over in the first Qt. Cadets lead 36-0 after 1. NY couldn’t run the ball. Fort just had some of the biggest holes yet to run in. Ian Ellis is going to be a really good QB. Brady Schilling had a quick 3 Tds and 2 2 point conversions. The Cadets got to get a ton of young guys in the game for varsity reps and I think it will help them later. Cadets have 4-6 RBs that they can rotate in. Isiah Jones and Medley showed how important they are on the pulls and defensive line. I just can’t wait to watch this team develop I truly believe they are better then last season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye

Total Yards -500

Rushing Yards -39- 415

Passing
Ian Ellis 4/7 85 Yards 4 Tds

Rushing
Adkins 11- 176 3 Tds
Fisher 10- 70
Wallace 3- 66
Welsh 4-35
Duskey 2-30
Braxton Brown 4- 25
Eli Johnson 2- 5

Rec

Schilling 3- 66 3 Tds
Adkins 1 -19 Tds

Nelsonville

Total Yards - 251

Mikey SEEL- 11/35 188 3tds 1int

Rushing
17- 63

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets run for 10.6 yards per carry on the night.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: WK 2: Nelsonville-York (0-1) @ Fort Frye (1-0)

Post by ArmChairQB »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Buckeyes1979 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:25 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:46 pm This will be a tough game, specially if we use the same game plan as I have said before. Down or not after this game every game is winnable/should win up to week 10. We will improve each week. A league title showdown and playoff opportunity is still very possible after starting 0-2. Hope both teams stay injury free in this one.
Being realistic athens is not winnable and after Alexander beating berne union tonight (I've heard berne union is solid) I'd say the cards fall Alexander's way as well absolutely do not expect a play off team this year
They looked better tonight. I’m not counting these boys out yet. I agree with Athens not being winnable, but it’s week 2 I’m not giving up on these boys yet.
Unfortunately I see NY winning only half of their remaining games. Yes they were outmatched the first two weeks but I see a lack of toughness with this team. Too many missed tackles and the star player shying away from contact.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

ArmChairQB wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:44 am

Being realistic athens is not winnable and after Alexander beating berne union tonight (I've heard berne union is solid) I'd say the cards fall Alexander's way as well absolutely do not expect a play off team this year
They looked better tonight. I’m not counting these boys out yet. I agree with Athens not being winnable, but it’s week 2 I’m not giving up on these boys yet.
Unfortunately I see NY winning only half of their remaining games. Yes they were outmatched the first two weeks but I see a lack of toughness with this team. Too many missed tackles and the star player shying away from contact.
That line on both sides of the ball is bad.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Well congrats to FF i think you guys broke the buckeyes they have been playing games they won in past years on channel 15 all morning.I guess they are to ashamed to play this weeks game,how pathetic.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

dilligaf wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:53 am Well congrats to FF i think you guys broke the buckeyes they have been playing games they won in past years on channel 15 all morning.I guess they are to ashamed to play this weeks game,how pathetic.
They usually play NY lost at 3am. If NY beat Trimble or Athens, they play it nonstop

Buckeyes1979
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyes1979 »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:46 pm This will be a tough game, specially if we use the same game plan as I have said before. Down or not after this game every game is winnable/should win up to week 10. We will improve each week. A league title showdown and playoff opportunity is still very possible after starting 0-2. Hope both teams stay injury free in this one.
Neither am I I know we will win some games it's just not gonna be a typical NY year those days are gonna be over for the next few years our program is gonna have to rebuild if we wanna see seasons like the fall of 2016 and 2017

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:08 am This game was really over in the first Qt. Cadets lead 36-0 after 1. NY couldn’t run the ball. Fort just had some of the biggest holes yet to run in. Ian Ellis is going to be a really good QB. Brady Schilling had a quick 3 Tds and 2 2 point conversions. The Cadets got to get a ton of young guys in the game for varsity reps and I think it will help them later. Cadets have 4-6 RBs that they can rotate in. Isiah Jones and Medley showed how important they are on the pulls and defensive line. I just can’t wait to watch this team develop I truly believe they are better then last season.
Need medley to be able play in 2nd half. First 2 games he hasn't made it past middlenof 3rd q

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:08 am This game was really over in the first Qt. Cadets lead 36-0 after 1. NY couldn’t run the ball. Fort just had some of the biggest holes yet to run in. Ian Ellis is going to be a really good QB. Brady Schilling had a quick 3 Tds and 2 2 point conversions. The Cadets got to get a ton of young guys in the game for varsity reps and I think it will help them later. Cadets have 4-6 RBs that they can rotate in. Isiah Jones and Medley showed how important they are on the pulls and defensive line. I just can’t wait to watch this team develop I truly believe they are better then last season.
Need medley to be able play in 2nd half. First 2 games he hasn't made it past middlenof 3rd q
Yea he’s been cramping bad. They need him at Guard he’s a good puller.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats FF.
Sounds like this was very easy.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:18 pm
He's very important on defense as well.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

The bucks will b ok get a win next week c what happens later this season. Gotta get the Oline Dline hitting somebody just a little. Oh by the way the game last nite has ben on channel 14.

Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Kosar »

Too many dropped passes, pass coverage poor , so many missed tackles not possible to keep track. Yet only thing is said is poor line play. Makes me wonder if some of these posters are the women who gets excited when their son makes a tackle after the opposing team gets a first down, or son hits the QB yet the pass gets off and scores . O line did good pass protection, need more work on rush blocking. D line and LB couldn’t seem to remember how to tackle. FF is good and the fact the boys didn’t quit after being down so much shows good character.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:25 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:18 pm

He's very important on defense as well.
Monster DE

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Kosar wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:43 pm Too many dropped passes, pass coverage poor , so many missed tackles not possible to keep track. Yet only thing is said is poor line play. Makes me wonder if some of these posters are the women who gets excited when their son makes a tackle after the opposing team gets a first down, or son hits the QB yet the pass gets off and scores . O line did good pass protection, need more work on rush blocking. D line and LB couldn’t seem to remember how to tackle. FF is good and the fact the boys didn’t quit after being down so much shows good character.
Not just picking on this guy but . . .

It never fails. Nelsonville fans begged for this game for two years. "The PVC is terrible!" "You don't play anybody! "We want a rivalry!" they said.

Then, after reading that nonsense for two or three years, suddenly Nelsonville, like every single team Fort Frye plays, suddenly wasn't very good. They can't pass, block, or tackle. They have a Division 1 talent who doesn't even like football They have no heart. The coach brought in a coach who doesn't know what a football looks like.

I don't even mean this to be about The Buckeyes, but this whole routine is just flat tiresome. They're kids playing a game and learning about life. Have fun. Let them learn. Relax

Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Kosar »

Just stating some facts, don’t think i was too harsh. Trying to make the point it’s not all on the O line or D line. Seems whenever a team does bad it’s always the line. I’m a fan of football don’t really have a team but have watched NY probably the most.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

U must b watching something else if u think the bucks oline does a good job of pass blocking qb looks like a shortstop trying 2 turn a double play he does not have enough time 2 set his feet at all and u yall saying a kid does not like football how do u all no that

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kosar wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:15 pm Just stating some facts, don’t think i was too harsh. Trying to make the point it’s not all on the O line or D line. Seems whenever a team does bad it’s always the line. I’m a fan of football don’t really have a team but have watched NY probably the most.
Go back and see how big the holes Fort was running through.....

Return to “Football”