Final: Fort Frye 64 Nelsonville York 21

Long knocker
Waterboy

Re: WK 2: Nelsonville-York (0-1) @ Fort Frye (1-0)

Post by Long knocker »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:05 am Fort Frye will score however much they want to score. NY looks poor on offense and defense. By watching the Trimble game I think NY will be 4-6 or 3-7 unless they find a offense that suits them. Personally I think NY wasn’t physical at all, maybe it was intimidation from Trimble, or maybe they are all finesse. Either way NY has to find themselves. Hopefully NY can turn it around in a week. I don’t like any team in SEO to fail.
Why wouldn’t trimble intimidate them. They are one of the best small school defenses in the entire state everybody knows that.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is loaded and one thing every one of Eric Hucks teams have in common is they get better as the season goes on. He’s great adjustments in season and at halftime. I look for him to find ways to get Isner and Brady the ball in the air. 3 Good ball carriers in Fisher , Zane Wallace and Brian Adkins. Adkins is special playing center field ( Safety) on defense.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:37 pm I have heard this as well. I don’t know his name, but I heard he was Rusty’s buddy and brought him in to put in this new and “improved” no huddle offense. Obviously worked out pretty well...
Actually Luke Richards has been a coordinator at a few successful programs before taking the Fed Hock job. He is a good coach and a better person.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:06 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:37 pm I have heard this as well. I don’t know his name, but I heard he was Rusty’s buddy and brought him in to put in this new and “improved” no huddle offense. Obviously worked out pretty well...
Actually Luke Richards has been a coordinator at a few successful programs before taking the Fed Hock job. He is a good coach and a better person.
I believe he is a good person. Just don’t think this system is going to work is all. I hope I am wrong.

BHS78
Riding the Bench

Post by BHS78 »

Fort by 25

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Long knocker wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:04 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:05 am Fort Frye will score however much they want to score. NY looks poor on offense and defense. By watching the Trimble game I think NY will be 4-6 or 3-7 unless they find a offense that suits them. Personally I think NY wasn’t physical at all, maybe it was intimidation from Trimble, or maybe they are all finesse. Either way NY has to find themselves. Hopefully NY can turn it around in a week. I don’t like any team in SEO to fail.
Why wouldn’t trimble intimidate them. They are one of the best small school defenses in the entire state everybody knows that.
Yes Trimble is a top dog in the small school scale in the state. But NY showed no physical or mental strengths against them. They absolutely looked awful. Yes NYs line is struggling again this year but they gotta get their athletes in space (#3) if he isn’t in open field he is no help to them. He isn’t physical enough to power between the tackles, so they should do jets, pitches, screens, anyway to get him in space. I think it’s to do with the offensive coordinator. You have a top athlete in SEO and you don’t get it to him in open field? I have to be missing something.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Nelsonville gets the win

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

dilligaf wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:04 am Nelsonville gets the win
Pretty big dog in this one.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Well now, this summer, some of the Nelsonville fans were hoping this will be a rivalry game. I warned them to be careful what they wished for, but they didn't take me seriously, and here we are. I tried to tell you that the game was a bad idea. Posters are calling for your coach's head. Trimble Tomcats are on here making fun of your children (so classy). Buckeye fans are not confident at all. This is just year one. Do you really want to go through this every year? It gets worse.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

My lack of confidence is in the coaching staff rather then the players. Just couldn’t believe my eyes with the play calling Saturday night. We have good classes coming up, one year won’t define this series, these are two great storied programs. NY will come in and give it all they got regardless. Praying we are under center this Friday, lined up in the I, FB in front of 3. 16 carrying the ball as well

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

efarns wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:21 pm Well now, this summer, some of the Nelsonville fans were hoping this will be a rivalry game. I warned them to be careful what they wished for, but they didn't take me seriously, and here we are. I tried to tell you that the game was a bad idea. Posters are calling for your coach's head. Trimble Tomcats are on here making fun of your children (so classy). Buckeye fans are not confident at all. This is just year one. Do you really want to go through this every year? It gets worse.
Didnt NY just beat Fort recently?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully NY gets the win

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY dealing with some injuries

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:53 pm
efarns wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:21 pm Well now, this summer, some of the Nelsonville fans were hoping this will be a rivalry game. I warned them to be careful what they wished for, but they didn't take me seriously, and here we are. I tried to tell you that the game was a bad idea. Posters are calling for your coach's head. Trimble Tomcats are on here making fun of your children (so classy). Buckeye fans are not confident at all. This is just year one. Do you really want to go through this every year? It gets worse.
They did have a great year 2 . . . 3 . . . 5 years ago . . . something like that? I don't know about your Bulldogs, but I don't think Nelsonville York fans are interested in being a flash in the pan, living off of the glories of one great team. They want consistent winners, and judging from the comments of their posters on seops, they are not getting it.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:41 pm My lack of confidence is in the coaching staff rather then the players. Just couldn’t believe my eyes with the play calling Saturday night. We have good classes coming up, one year won’t define this series, these are two great storied programs. NY will come in and give it all they got regardless. Praying we are under center this Friday, lined up in the I, FB in front of 3. 16 carrying the ball as well
Kidding aside, this is my biggest "what if" in this game. I think The Buckeyes are probably so well versed in fundamentals, I could see them scrapping what they did in week 1 and coming into The Fort Frye game doing something completely different, executing it, and taking our game plan by surprise. If that's an I formation and a healthy dose of the best player in the game with the football in his hands, it could get very interesting.

Long knocker
Waterboy

Post by Long knocker »

efarns wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:36 am
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:53 pm
They did have a great year 2 . . . 3 . . . 5 years ago . . . something like that? I don't know about your Bulldogs, but I don't think Nelsonville York fans are interested in being a flash in the pan, living off of the glories of one great team. They want consistent winners, and judging from the comments of their posters on seops, they are not getting it.
Living off the glories of another team. Your kidding right. They been living off that 1981 team for 38 years now😂😂

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:39 am
NY BUCK wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:41 pm My lack of confidence is in the coaching staff rather then the players. Just couldn’t believe my eyes with the play calling Saturday night. We have good classes coming up, one year won’t define this series, these are two great storied programs. NY will come in and give it all they got regardless. Praying we are under center this Friday, lined up in the I, FB in front of 3. 16 carrying the ball as well
Kidding aside, this is my biggest "what if" in this game. I think The Buckeyes are probably so well versed in fundamentals, I could see them scrapping what they did in week 1 and coming into The Fort Frye game doing something completely different, executing it, and taking our game plan by surprise. If that's an I formation and a healthy dose of the best player in the game with the football in his hands, it could get very interesting.
Except Fort Frye front 8 is much better then NY Line.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye speed at LB - Fisher , Fryman , Hart and Jones.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

efarns wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:39 am
I hope we do change the game plan. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening, if they don’t change it and we get the same result this week, hopefully it will be enough for them to see it is going to work. As for being well versed on fundamentals, defensively last week we was there on a lot of plays and couldn’t tackle, Trimble ran right through us and busted out 15 to 20 yard runs. If we don’t sure up our tackling Fort will do the same, also losing Kepler on defense did not help at all, kid is a good athlete, not sure what his status is but did not look good Saturday night. Going to be interesting. All in all the Bucks will be fine, tough two starting out, winnable games the rest of the way until the showdown in the plains.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Boy I hope NY can pull this one off. It's a monumental task, but I'm sure if Rusty knows how much we need the playoff points he'll do his best to help us out. So, come on Nelsonville we need the points. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”