Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

XandO72
JV Team

Re: Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Post by XandO72 »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:49 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 pm Thanks!!! You continue to prove my point about Burg posters! You are trying to flip the script again and make it look like the other guy is the bad guy!! LMAO!! “You guys are a complete joke!”

I’m sorry dude but I’m a SVC Guy! You trying to say I’m an Ironton guy .... Wrong! So you continue to make my point about Wheelersburg posters!! LMAO! 😂😂😂😂😂
That makes your fascination with our Pirates even better...our respective teams don't even play each other but here you are...I love it!
Pointing out hypocrisy is hardly indicative of Burg being fascinating. It just means the fan base oversells.

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

XandO72 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 pm Thanks!!! You continue to prove my point about Burg posters! You are trying to flip the script again and make it look like the other guy is the bad guy!! LMAO!! “You guys are a complete joke!”

I’m sorry dude but I’m a SVC Guy! You trying to say I’m an Ironton guy .... Wrong! So you continue to make my point about Wheelersburg posters!! LMAO! 😂😂😂😂😂
That makes your fascination with our Pirates even better...our respective teams don't even play each other but here you are...I love it!
Pointing out hypocrisy is hardly indicative of Burg being fascinating. It just means the fan base oversells.
[/quote

Didnt realize how annoying a group of "high school fans" could be until the Itown faithfuls started blowing the burg threads up. This is kids playing a game. Get over yourself. People are gonna talk before games it happens every time. For you to be following these chats between the burg fans means really are amused with the program.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:45 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:07 am Burg hasn't played Portsmouth in years. After the drubbing the Pirates put on the Trojans in the first game ever played at the new stadium, 63-0 if I remember correctly, the Trojans dropped the Burg and refused to renew the contract.
I hate the cancellation of the Portsmouth/burg series as well. but the arrogance sometimes in the pirate ship by some posters here just fuels this fire burning. get humble a bit, and grow from this. and Ashland will be a bear. ironton won't beat them either, if we cannot get our offense going.
Bait, can you honestly get on here and tell another fan base to get humble, after all the BS you and some of the other tiger fans have spewed over the last 40 years. Give me a break! Stop with your phoney "I wish pirates the best the rest of the way". Quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. You show your true emotions with the CEE-GAR post. I've stated before, I HATE IRONTON, I hope they get destroyed every week! You need to be honest too! GO BURG! One more time...enjoy your moment...
bobbbbbbbbbbby, I wished you really knew me. likely we'd become fast friends. maybe even fishin buddies. there ain't nuthin phoney about me. I hope all the teams we play win every game except when they play us. you would never in your wildest dreams imagine me making a post like yours. I hate nobody or nothing. these are high school kids we're talking about here. they have enough going on. we are supposed to be the adults and roll models here. that's I guess why this topic rolls on. the burg posters by and large here have learned nothing about humility after a crushing loss. then an even worse one. you had to know you all were creating your own monster. I had no reason to get back on here for anything, then somebody told me about your post. I hain't got time for hate in my life. life's too short brother.enjoy your moment.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm
Tripaces wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 pm Question about this game , I think everyone New wheelersburg was going to lose was the score surprising or about what was expected
The score was about what was expected. I didn't expect Wheelersburg to get a stop on the starting offense, and I didn't expect Wheelersburg to get a first down on the starting defense. No disrespect intended to the team and all. They had some key starting slots to fill at the beginning of the season, and they've already lost a few players. I knew when I saw this class of Hartley kids playing mop up in games as sophomores that it was going to be a special class. There was a level of camaraderie among the kids even then that was fairly unusual. And they had a lot of potential in all aspects. Beyond this group of super seniors, this Hartley team is loaded with size and speed. Probably not the best year for the parity of the matchup. This game provided an opportunity to try mixing things up. The secondary in week 1 was juggled during the game, and the coaches starting swapping corners and safeties again last night fairly early. There are some huge challenges ahead for the team, and it's important to know who the best players are for every kind of matchup. For a young team like Wheelersburg that's still trying to come together, Hartley's quick strike with that first touchdown can be fairly demoralizing. It's not easy to coach against that. The rest of the first half was just methodical workmanship. Other than the first score, Hartley had to work for every yard. Hartley did get some breaks. The spot on the quarterback slide on 4th down was fairly generous. I was guessing one or two yards short. And we had a little guy as a blocking receiver who could have been called for holding on even more plays. The offensive line was fabulous in run support, but pass protection broke down multiple times. Lucky to have the fastest guy on the team at QB. All in all, I thought The Burg played fairly well. They never stopped working against a team that was too much probably even before the game started. Seeing the kids with the balloons before the game and the mix of the crowd shows great community support. Outside of MAC territory, that's becoming a rarity. And matching the Hawks on swapping out the starters was a class move. I never like to see a coach keep his starters playing in an out of hand game just to give the kids the imaginary emotional boost of scoring on the 2s. This was my first trip to The Burg. Great community. Great stadium. And great hard-working football team. Good luck with the rest of your season!
great post sapi.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they won't be down long. give that man a cee-gar. that's how you respectfully post about the team you support and love, and it's kids. great post.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:04 am
Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:45 am

I hate the cancellation of the Portsmouth/burg series as well. but the arrogance sometimes in the pirate ship by some posters here just fuels this fire burning. get humble a bit, and grow from this. and Ashland will be a bear. ironton won't beat them either, if we cannot get our offense going.
Bait, can you honestly get on here and tell another fan base to get humble, after all the BS you and some of the other tiger fans have spewed over the last 40 years. Give me a break! Stop with your phoney "I wish pirates the best the rest of the way". Quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. You show your true emotions with the CEE-GAR post. I've stated before, I HATE IRONTON, I hope they get destroyed every week! You need to be honest too! GO BURG! One more time...enjoy your moment...
bobbbbbbbbbbby, I wished you really knew me. likely we'd become fast friends. maybe even fishin buddies. there ain't nuthin phoney about me. I hope all the teams we play win every game except when they play us. you would never in your wildest dreams imagine me making a post like yours. I hate nobody or nothing. these are high school kids we're talking about here. they have enough going on. we are supposed to be the adults and roll models here. that's I guess why this topic rolls on. the burg posters by and large here have learned nothing about humility after a crushing loss. then an even worse one. you had to know you all were creating your own monster. I had no reason to get back on here for anything, then somebody told me about your post. I hain't got time for hate in my life. life's too short brother.enjoy your moment.
Bait, like I've said before, nothing really personal towards you, i just hate ironton, dont have any problems with other schools around here. You want to say I'm picking on your kids, fine! I'm evil and you're righteous. That make you feel better? You really need to look back over your posts before you judge me. You may be more subtle, but you show your true colors at times too. Me, don't have time or money to fish, I go to work, almost half a century! You know the old saying, "when you point a finger at someone, you have three pointing back at you!" All the things you all accuse Burg fans of doing, you all had a head start years before us! Lately, I've just been pulling tiger fans chains, this whole Burg/Ironton thing has gotten out of hand. Unlike a few of the tiger fans off color comments about our kids getting injured, hope the tiger players remain safe, but still hope you lose! :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll never stoop. i'll take the high road. I really wished you knew me. I'm not righteous but I'm a Christian. you are actually the only poster on here ever to accuse me of being fake. because I personally know hundreds of the posters here in person. rivalries are one thing. friendships stretch far beyond that. it matters little what you think of me, if I have any respect here, it's because I earned it since 1/5/05. enjoy your moment.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wow

What a Sunday morning read

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Sounds like sore losers to me after reading the posts here.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

When you stack the deck every year, it’s hard to sallow being 0-2 and probably 1-4 . I give Ironton kudos for doing what Burg has been doing for years. Enjoy your season Tigers and let them do what they do

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:30 am When you stack the deck every year, it’s hard to sallow being 0-2 and probably 1-4 . I give Ironton kudos for doing what Burg has been doing for years. Enjoy your season Tigers and let them do what they do
People are underestimating this burg team.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

XandO72 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 am

What else do you call it when people go out of their way, or perhaps just feel compelled to for some reason, to comment on a game that has absolutely nothing to do with them? Seems like a fascination to me...I certainly would not go to a thread about any other team losing a game to any other team and comment disparagingly. If you read my posts I have been nothing but complimentary about Ironton or any other team. The fact that people that do not support either Wheelersburg or Bishop Hartley have frequently commented on a thread about said schools suggests some sort of fascination with one, or both, of those schools. I would make the argument for the inverse being true as well...people that do not support Ironton but comment about an Ironton game that doesn’t involve the team they support suggests a fascination as well.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

facts:

1.) burg had horsey,Matthews,Miller,masters,and Sanderlin battling for the an spot

2.) as a whole this is the fastest team burg has had under head coach Woodward

3.) as a whole this is the strongest team under same head coach.

4.) injury bug hit prior to season starting..

5.) injury bug keeps hitting each week and younger kids are gaining early experience.

6.) not a single burg fan or player gives a rats a** about ironton until we play them again

7.) it’s ashland week! Go Burg!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:32 pm facts:

1.) burg had horsey,Matthews,Miller,masters,and Sanderlin battling for the an spot

5.) injury bug keeps hitting each week and younger kids are gaining early experience.

6.) not a single burg fan or player gives a rats a** about ironton until we play them again

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 am i'll never stoop. i'll take the high road. I really wished you knew me. I'm not righteous but I'm a Christian. you are actually the only poster on here ever to accuse me of being fake. because I personally know hundreds of the posters here in person. rivalries are one thing. friendships stretch far beyond that. it matters little what you think of me, if I have any respect here, it's because I earned it since 1/5/05. enjoy your moment.
Let me repeat myself...nothing personal, I don't know you and by the way those last three words in your post...get your own line bait, those are mine! :)

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

#retweet

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Injury will come when u play a big physical Ironton team and 4 straight D-III teams. There is nobody in D-V that will play a schedule like this. Burg will play anybody and schedule anybody. It will make Burg better at the end and it will show. Each win gets mega points and pass the schools that play nobody. Nobody will play burg or Ironton because how good they are but when they’re down or they think they’re down they get in line, lol. I love how each week for years people get on here to see if either one of you guys lose then it’s record breaking pages or post but their team wouldn’t get on ur schedule or play ur schedule. I see it turning around this week and on!! One good thing all the big school you beat jumps ur team fast to the top. Good Luck this weekend burggrad6

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg will start 1-4 but you play in the D5 which is awful. So always a possibility to make the playoffs

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:48 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 am i'll never stoop. i'll take the high road. I really wished you knew me. I'm not righteous but I'm a Christian. you are actually the only poster on here ever to accuse me of being fake. because I personally know hundreds of the posters here in person. rivalries are one thing. friendships stretch far beyond that. it matters little what you think of me, if I have any respect here, it's because I earned it since 1/5/05. enjoy your moment.
Let me repeat myself...nothing personal, I don't know you and by the way, those last three words in your post...get your own line bait, those are mine! :)

FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:48 pm

#retweet
Down goes ruby unfortunately... same thing that happened to makya but worse. Out 4-5 weeks.

Return to “Football”