Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Bishop Hartley @ Wheelersburg

Post by rxburgfan »

Tough to watch a team back off to keep from killing a Burg team. Not sure why? When Burg punted Hartley line didn’t even engage. Very strange night. Stands were so quiet you could hear the few fans Hartley brought.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 pm Tough to watch a team back off to keep from killing a Burg team. Not sure why? When Burg punted Hartley line didn’t even engage. Very strange night. Stands were so quiet you could hear the few fans Hartley brought.
No reason to pile on, they just wanted to get out of there healthy. They had already handled their business.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 pm
rxburgfan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 pm Tough to watch a team back off to keep from killing a Burg team. Not sure why? When Burg punted Hartley line didn’t even engage. Very strange night. Stands were so quiet you could hear the few fans Hartley brought.
No reason to pile on, they just wanted to get out of there healthy. They had already handled their business.
Exactly. Running clock in 2nd half and Hartley got a lot of young'uns , especially jv's playing time for the future.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Eeek

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Because if Hartley wanted it would have been a slaughter. They are a top notch program with class. They got to work some younger guys in and try new things. Both teams gained experience.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I talked to their head coach after, very respectful of Wheelersburg and it’s program. A class act is right. He said he’s known about his group of players for a few years now, and knows this is his year, but it won’t last. Spoke very highly of how hard burg played tonight.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:58 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am Remember when Burg thought this was a good idea a couple years ago? lol
just pray that no one gets hurt.
Just pray you show up on the thread, after our game with you next season!

So because I make fun of Burg fans means I have a great football program I root for? I took a jab at your arrogance.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:29 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am Remember when Burg thought this was a good idea a couple years ago? lol

So because I make fun of Burg fans means I have a great football program I root for? I took a jab at your arrogance.
I took a jab at your jealousy, guess we're even.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Maybe, don’t poke the bear 🐻

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

:lol: hahah
Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:46 pm

I took a jab at your jealousy, guess we're even.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Hartley looked like a small college team. Very big O-line and very speedy backfield. They will make some noise come playoff time. There defense was just as strong as I would venture to guess there first team defense held Burg to minus yards.

Tough on Burg when they lost another starter early on in Hunter Ruby. Wouldn’t of mattered but you hate to see Seniors or anyone for that matter go down that early. Burg had a few nice defensive plays but just way to much speed to catch up to.

Burg will right the ship hopefully next week. Got to see some new runners (Swords being one) that ran really hard. Will be another tough one but a winnable game for Burg.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Closer than I thought

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:55 pm Closer than I thought
I think Hartley put the brakes on in the 2nd half. Sounds like they were a very good team.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm Hartley looked like a small college team. Very big O-line and very speedy backfield. They will make some noise come playoff time. There defense was just as strong as I would venture to guess there first team defense held Burg to minus yards.

Tough on Burg when they lost another starter early on in Hunter Ruby. Wouldn’t of mattered but you hate to see Seniors or anyone for that matter go down that early. Burg had a few nice defensive plays but just way to much speed to catch up to.

Burg will right the ship hopefully next week. Got to see some new runners (Swords being one) that ran really hard. Will be another tough one but a winnable game for Burg.
Sorry to hear about more injuries.

Good luck against AshLand.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:00 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:55 pm Closer than I thought
I think Hartley put the brakes on in the 2nd half. Sounds like they were a very good team.
Athens played them last year. they can really pour it on fast

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wow. Things burg hasn’t been used to of late

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
14U
S

Post by 14U »

That was a big quick line with big fast running backs. Heard the QB signed to play for Minnesota as a D back.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 pm
Exactly. Running clock in 2nd half and Hartley got a lot of young'uns , especially jv's playing time for the future.
For some reason there wasn't a running clock and after Hartley scored starting the 2nd half coach Burchfield put all his subs in and Burg put a lot of theirs in also and Burgs crowd gotta give them credit they cheered til the very end I think those young kids on Burgs team are gonna be really good in a couple years the future is bright!

Burg grad 85
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burgs freshman QB looked good in the 4th quarter running strong and threw a good pass. He going to be a good one when it’s his turn at 6’2 200. I see burg lost another starter tonight hope it’s not to bad. Talking to a buddy he said that burg had 4 new starter on offense due to injuries is this true?

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Love to see ironton and Hartley , wow !

Return to “Football”