Final: Ironton 10 Russell (KY) 0

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 2 - Russell, KY (2-0) at Ironton (1-0)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GOOD LUCK IRONTON!

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Any idea where to watch this game being streamed live?

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m going to watch this score with interest. I think this is a game that falls solely on the shoulders of the Ironton coaching staff.

Don’t get me wrong! I think they have done a great job rebuilding the Ironton program. But everybody knows kids will be kids. I think there is a good chance Ironton could have a letdown after the Burg game.

Last week Ironton’s coaches definitely won the battle of the coaching staffs. But this week is an entirely different scenario. It will be interesting to see how they handle the team if their kids start out slow!

I think it is a big moment for the program.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:21 pm I’m going to watch this score with interest. I think this is a game that falls solely on the shoulders of the Ironton coaching staff.

Don’t get me wrong! I think they have done a great job rebuilding the Ironton program. But everybody knows kids will be kids. I think there is a good chance Ironton could have a letdown after the Burg game.

Last week Ironton’s coaches definitely won the battle of the coaching staffs. But this week is an entirely different scenario. It will be interesting to see how they handle the team if their kids start out slow!

I think it is a big moment for the program.
I couldn’t agree more. That’s why, Of recent, I’ve been screaming about it to the point of annoyance.

I had to evacuate for Hurricane Dorian, & was too busy to yak yak about football.
Luckily, cane Dorian didn’t slip west or central Florida would’ve gotten a strong cane level 3.
I pray for the Bahamians.

TIGERS MUST GET UP, GET MENTAL, Be PHYSICAL, & hold onto the ball.

Russell will come to eat.

Tigers gotta snatch the buffet plates, FAST!!

Gotigersgo
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
Gettheball
~2019~

#PenTon
#PenTon
#PenTon

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:51 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 am thing is county, we could have won that game. it was very close. they had a great back. I think he went to Indiana. and may even be in the nfl now. if I'm not mistaken. if you were to watch that game, we missed so many tackles. no excuses, we beat em once, but just could not wrap up tackling during the playoff game.
The last year Hartley and Ironton played was 2013 at Hartley. BH laid a whopping on Ironton. The year previous, 2012, Hartley came down to Ironton and laid an even bigger whooping. I believe that matchup was the one where the Ohio News Network (ONN), the since-defunct statewide cable news and high school sports programming network that reached two million or so cable subscribers, broadcasted as the state game of the week. Or was that the year prior, 2011? Anyways, that Hartley team was ungodly impressive and better than the 2010 team you’re referring to (will get to that in a second.) TE went to Notre Dame, they beat the Bishop Leurs team featuring - NFL star for the Cowboys - Jaylon Smith who would go on to win the Indiana state title but BH themselves fell victim to one of the best small school teams in Ohio history in the 2012 Clinton-Massie Eagles in the final four.

The team/game you’re referring to was 2010. Hartley would go on to win the state title that year. In the regular season, Hartley came down to the river and got back-smashed by the Tigers. After surviving a nightmarish Heath team (had an electrifying running back) in week 12, Hartley pulled off what was considered an upset against an incredible Ironton team in the regional final. I believe the game was at Logan. The week after, in the final four, Hartley pulled off an incredible win (went for 2 and won) against a Kettering Alter team led by future Notre Dame qb Malik Zaire. Their opponent in the state title game, Chagrin Falls, was ironically their least or second-least toughest opponent in the playoffs all year. Hartley dominated them.

The running back that year for Hartley you’re referring to was Noah Key – I believe he had 40-45 touchdowns that season. His dad, Keith Key, played for Bo Schembecler at Michigan. The toughest thing though about Hartley was their very advanced Wing-T that was more spread-based and filled with more playmakers than Key himself. Omar Lane, the wingback, ran a 4.3 and would go on to do track at D2 Tiffin. Ja’wuan Woodley was another electrifying wing/h-back, and in the playoffs they had a freshman running back who was brought up to varsity that came alive — I believe even scored against Ironton in the playoffs. Great line, too — wasn’t the biggest but was athletic and well-conditioned.

Noah Key would go on to play at Toledo, but did not pan out. Wasn’t a grades or character issue, but rather a combination of Toledo not meeting him as a young man where he needed a college coaching staff (full of adults that pitch themselves as caring about the kid as an individual) to meet him most plus some things going on in his life at home that were bigger than football. Good guy.
thank you for that information. I had forgotten we had played since then.
appreciate it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sorry to ask but does this game start at 7 or730

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:54 pm sorry to ask but does this game start at 7 or730
my ticket says 7:30.......

All OVC games start at 7:00

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:54 pm sorry to ask but does this game start at 7 or730
I U-STND the confusion, Bait. Several posters have said SEVEN & 730.

Home Games have been at 7pm for a while, so I’m not sure why the extra 30 minutes are added.

I do know the broadcast company doing the Tigers home games(my town or my hometown broadcast) via Ironton Football Facebook page, had an incredible pre-game show last week for the Burg game, it started around 6PM.

If you go to IFB/FB PAGE and click on link early, it’ll start a countdown clock that says video live launch in .59 minutes, as an example.

So, check it out early!

Gotigersgogo!!!

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

At least two of Russell's team were in my Sunday School classes years ago. Certainly rooting for my mighty Irinton Fighting Tigers but it'll take a wee bit of fun outta it if we can smash them

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ok, 5 pages...
Hmmm.
Not sure what to think!
Where you b, Tiger Fans???

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

End 1st QTR

Ironton - 0
Russell - 0

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

2nd QTR 3:18

Ironton - 3
Russell - 0

Ironton 25 yard FG

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Halftime

Ironton - 3
Russell - 0

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Ironton trailing 🙄

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Trailing up 3-0 😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

End 3rd QTR

Ironton - 3
Russell - 0

What a Defensive battle

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

So is Russell that improved or is Ironton having a let down after last week's win?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Russell is pretty darn good, looks like a mirror image playing out there. Both D's are tough.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

4th QTR 2:58

Ironton - 10
Russell - 0

Salyers to Carrico for a 40 yard TD Pass

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Final

Ironton - 10
Russell - 0

Return to “Football”