Gallia Academy 38 River Valley 0

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy (1-0) @ River Valley (0-1)

Post by greygoose »

Gallia puts a running clock on RV, going to be a long long long night for the raiders.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

We can argue about a little to clean up or a lot. Most of those calls were do timing and how they happened. I don’t see game film anymore so I have no idea. Besides what I saw live.

I give them a lot of credit winning 24-0 when you are not executing on offense a lot. Shows me they have tremendous potential.

Meigs is not going to be a bad team. I think they beat rock hill tonight and finish 5-5 or so.

I think river valley has a long season. But think they have made strides over a year ago.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:06 am Gallia puts a running clock on RV, going to be a long long long night for the raiders.
Crazy to think that my graduating class was manhandled by the Raidas....

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Hope they rest the Armstrong kid tonight ?

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

14-0 GA 1st qtr

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Halftime
GA 24
RV 0

Kicker A. Toler nails a 46 yarder just before the half. Could be a real weapon later in the year

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:55 am
RVRaiderFan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am
1STUNNA wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 am Maybe I overlooked it, but where is the excuse used by the RV fans that GA wins with their "county" kids? I would take the GAMS 8th grade team to beat RV's varsity team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: I am SO SO glad this is the final match-up in this series!!
I agree. "1STUNNA" only has 16 posts and 15 of them are about Jr. high games so he probably has a kid that transferred from the "county" to GAMS. Much like Burg, Ironton and Jackson down that way , Gallipolis will get their share of good athletes from the outlying areas in a "legal " way and that's all well and good but karma is real. All the adults that ever went to Kyger Creek, North Gallia, Southwestern or Hannan Trace and all the kids that now go to RV and South Gallia should know the drill by now. Gallipolis has and will always be the "big dog" in the county but there's always been a bigger dog out there waiting on them somewhere down the road. :o
I remember when Gallipolis struggled to be .500 for decades Kyger Creek was beating common opponents by close to the same scores as the Big Dogs, go down play in your tiny league of div 4,5 and 6 teams get your playoff birth and lose 55-0! Wheeee that’s fun. Back in the day kids went from Gallipolis to Kyger Creek. Arrogance is not attractive but Gallipolis should play Jackson, Pt Pleasant and Athens every year. Why do you run your mouths and put people down? Makes our whole community look like the arrogant idiots you are.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Gallia Academy 38
River Valley 0

FINAL

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

bevo wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:54 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:55 am
RVRaiderFan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: I am SO SO glad this is the final match-up in this series!!
I agree. "1STUNNA" only has 16 posts and 15 of them are about Jr. high games so he probably has a kid that transferred from the "county" to GAMS. Much like Burg, Ironton and Jackson down that way , Gallipolis will get their share of good athletes from the outlying areas in a "legal " way and that's all well and good but karma is real. All the adults that ever went to Kyger Creek, North Gallia, Southwestern or Hannan Trace and all the kids that now go to RV and South Gallia should know the drill by now. Gallipolis has and will always be the "big dog" in the county but there's always been a bigger dog out there waiting on them somewhere down the road. :o
I remember when Gallipolis struggled to be .500 for decades Kyger Creek was beating common opponents by close to the same scores as the Big Dogs, go down play in your tiny league of div 4,5 and 6 teams get your playoff birth and lose 55-0! Wheeee that’s fun. Back in the day kids went from Gallipolis to Kyger Creek. Arrogance is not attractive but Gallipolis should play Jackson, Pt Pleasant and Athens every year. Why do you run your mouths and put people down? Makes our whole community look like the arrogant idiots you are.
Kyger Creek never had common opponents with Gallipolis. North Gallia, Kyger Creek nor Southwestern had any playoff teams that I remember. In the 70's there was A-AA-AAA and they only took 1 team from each region in each division. In the 80's they had D1 thru D5 and they started taking 4 teams from each region. From the 90's thru today you had D6 and D7 added. RV was formed in 1992 I believe ? They've had 1 playoff appearance I think ? The best I think any of those schools (North Gallia, Kyger Creek or Southwestern) finished in a region at any time was 7th or 8th one time each way before playoffs were expanded to 8 teams per region. Most of the time they finished somewhere between 20th -30th in their regions. I would like to know what DECADES Gallipolis struggled to be .500 on average ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy 38 River Valley 0

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

'Ol Bevo rears his ugly hating head and mouth once again. Please bless us with your timely wisdom, o great one.

Point is back on, although I don't know for how long.
Jackson dropped Gallia Academy.
Athens? Really?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy 38 River Valley 0

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

North Gallia finished 5th 1984 and Southwestern finished 5th in 1985 and missed the playoffs by 1/3 of a point. South Gallia has 4 playoff appearances in 2005, 2006, 2011, and 2015. Not sure where KYger Creek was ranked in 1990. The glory days of Kyger Creek was before the playoff system resembled anything like it is today.

Riding the Bench

Re: Gallia Academy 38 River Valley 0

Post by 645945 »

nice game from gallipolis last night. Still lots to fix.
A team that matches up better is on its way. Want to say river valley played as well as they could the overall team speed was to much for RV to overcome. RV played hard and put up a good effort. Success is possible for river valley but they still have a lot of work to do. Good luck the rest of the way.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

645945 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:41 am nice game from gallipolis last night. Still lots to fix.
A team that matches up better is on its way. Want to say river valley played as well as they could the overall team speed was to much for RV to overcome. RV played hard and put up a good effort. Success is possible for river valley but they still have a lot of work to do. Good luck the rest of the way.
RV could honestly be a year away from a really decent team.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i think river valley is on the right track. they just need to keep with the coach and system.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

A few thoughts from what I saw from the Press Box Saturday night....

GA is a very fast team. Impressed by their offense.

RV has to get better at tackling. Had Armstrong in backfield several times, only to miss/break tackles.

GA scored 21 in 1st and 14 in 4th. Very nice job by the RV defense to hold them to just 3 point in 2nd and 3rd quarters.

RV had several nice drives, but they all stalled and turnover on downs. I think in 2 games, CG and GA, the Raiders have at least 5 drives in redzone and have come away with 0 points.

RV is definitely improved from last year. Wins are coming. No one in SE Ohio would like a CG, GA, Portsmouth, NY schedule in first 4 weeks!

On to Portsmouth. Excited to visit Portsmouth's stadium for the first time Friday night. Hear the press box is very nice!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Also, I dont think I have ever seen a game where a team out rushes the other team and loses 38-0.

RV 236 rushing yards
GA 204 rushing yards

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am Also, I dont think I have ever seen a game where a team out rushes the other team and loses 38-0.

RV 236 rushing yards
GA 204 rushing yards
I don’t think RV had 236. The Hudl recap said 180. Either way it doesn’t matter how much you rush if you can’t finish drives.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 am A few thoughts from what I saw from the Press Box Saturday night....

GA is a very fast team. Impressed by their offense.

RV has to get better at tackling. Had Armstrong in backfield several times, only to miss/break tackles.

GA scored 21 in 1st and 14 in 4th. Very nice job by the RV defense to hold them to just 3 point in 2nd and 3rd quarters.

RV had several nice drives, but they all stalled and turnover on downs. I think in 2 games, CG and GA, the Raiders have at least 5 drives in redzone and have come away with 0 points.

RV is definitely improved from last year. Wins are coming. No one in SE Ohio would like a CG, GA, Portsmouth, NY schedule in first 4 weeks!

On to Portsmouth. Excited to visit Portsmouth's stadium for the first time Friday night. Hear the press box is very nice!
Portsmouth stadium is very nice press box looks awesome lots of room. If it is anything like last year RV may travel better than Portsmouth attends home games. Good luck raiders there is hope keep working.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am Also, I dont think I have ever seen a game where a team out rushes the other team and loses 38-0.

RV 236 rushing yards
GA 204 rushing yards
Field position look at where GA averaged starting their drives and where RV started theirs. Good kicking it has been missing from GA for awhile. We have a dynamite kicker this year it will make a big difference.

Return to “Football”