Gallia Academy 38 River Valley 0

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy (1-0) @ River Valley (0-1)

Post by noreply66 »

Athens was the beginning of the end.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:41 pm Athens was the beginning of the end.
Agree wholeheartedly as I posted something very similar on the Jackson-Athens gamethread for this week. Maybe they've already built a huge trophy room for all those TVC championships they've won the last few years competing against all the smaller less advantaged districts. :oops:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Why not a team like Waverly? Or P. West? Or Burg? All are similar size and on (at least a somewhat) similar talent level.

Meigs needs to be the next to go. Try to get the Ironmen week 1. Schedule up GA. The OVC does us no favors as we're the largest school in the conference.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:45 pm Why not a team like Waverly? Or P. West? Or Burg? All are similar size and on (at least a somewhat) similar talent level.

Meigs needs to be the next to go. Try to get the Ironmen week 1. Schedule up GA. The OVC does us no favors as we're the largest school in the conference.
My question is what do you want out of your schedule? Do you want a schedule that prepares you for league play? Do you want a schedule that really challenges you? Or do you want a schedule that if your decently good call it 8-2 your a home playoff team?

Or do you want a game that draws a big crowd?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Playing a out of state school really penalizes you in no way. It could actually be seen as advantage depending on the team and there schedule. Basically point pheasants enrollment will be turned into OHSAA. They will be put into a class I think they will be considered a division 3 school. And if Galla academy would win they would get the points for beating a division 3 team. Where the advantage or disadvantage comes in is. When point beats another West Virginia school Gallia academy will receive second level points as if point beat another division 3 team no matter the size school they play.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:12 pm Playing a out of state school really penalizes you in no way. It could actually be seen as advantage depending on the team and there schedule. Basically point pheasants enrollment will be turned into OHSAA. They will be put into a class I think they will be considered a division 3 school. And if Galla academy would win they would get the points for beating a division 3 team. Where the advantage or disadvantage comes in is. When point beats another West Virginia school Gallia academy will receive second level points as if point beat another division 3 team no matter the size school they play.
Point is actually considered at D2 team according to JoeEitel.com
This could help the Blue Devils a ton of point goes on to having a decent season. This could help gain some points they lose by playing D5 teams weeks 3-10

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:06 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:45 pm Why not a team like Waverly? Or P. West? Or Burg? All are similar size and on (at least a somewhat) similar talent level.

My question is what do you want out of your schedule? Do you want a schedule that prepares you for league play? Do you want a schedule that really challenges you? Or do you want a schedule that if your decently good call it 8-2 your a home playoff team?

Something between the second and third. I'd like to see genuinely challenging dogfights early in the season. Like Jackson was, last year. GA will head to week 3 with nobody knowing how good they really are, outside of the coaching staff.

I can see maybe scheduling a local school we would ordinarily beat handily because it draws a good crowd. But Meigs didn't even do that, this year. Visitor bleachers were filled in Pomeroy and the home side was maybe half full, if that.

Point Pleasant and Jackson are very solid teams, year in and year out, and both are reasonably close (with one being right across the river) and both always bring a big crowd.

Those are two traditional rivals who we need to play, yearly. Good gate. Competitive game. Tradition.

What more could you ask?

I'd even advocate dropping Meigs for Athens or Waverly if either of them would play us.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Blue Devil football keeps roaring back with a 42-7 win.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:30 am

Something between the second and third. I'd like to see genuinely challenging dogfights early in the season. Like Jackson was, last year. GA will head to week 3 with nobody knowing how good they really are, outside of the coaching staff.

I can see maybe scheduling a local school we would ordinarily beat handily because it draws a good crowd. But Meigs didn't even do that, this year. Visitor bleachers were filled in Pomeroy and the home side was maybe half full, if that.

Point Pleasant and Jackson are very solid teams, year in and year out, and both are reasonably close (with one being right across the river) and both always bring a big crowd.

Those are two traditional rivals who we need to play, yearly. Good gate. Competitive game. Tradition.

What more could you ask?

I'd even advocate dropping Meigs for Athens or Waverly if either of them would play us.
Get the Jackson deal done . Silly not to play . Decades of tradition , good football programs , both fans travel well. I’m seeing Blue just thinking about it 😆

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:10 am

What more could you ask?

Get the Jackson deal done . Silly not to play . Decades of tradition , good football programs , both fans travel well. I’m seeing Blue just thinking about it 😆
AHA! This guy gets it! From what I've heard (which is nothing more than rumors) the issue rests with Coach Hall not wanting to play at Memorial Field.

Not that I blame the guy. It gets outright nasty there in the rain. But still....come on. It's just one of those games that HAS to be played.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 am

What more could you ask?

AHA! This guy gets it! From what I've heard (which is nothing more than rumors) the issue rests with Coach Hall not wanting to play at Memorial Field.

Not that I blame the guy. It gets outright nasty there in the rain. But still....come on. It's just one of those games that HAS to be played.

Agreed! That mud will be wash off. Old SEOAL rivals will never die ! The league won’t be back but these teams could play for Trophies like the big 10 does where the winner keeps it a year . A win over Gallia academy or Logan is huge for Ironmen nation and vice versa .

Use that tradition and build the game up. Big money gates are a good thing.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:19 am

Agreed! That mud will be wash off. Old SEOAL rivals will never die ! The league won’t be back but these teams could play for Trophies like the big 10 does where the winner keeps it a year . A win over Gallia academy or Logan is huge for Ironmen nation and vice versa .
Exactly! I'd make the two hour drive up 33 to Logan. I'm sure many in Blue Devil Country would as well, especially with Coach Eddy matching up against Coach Penrod.

Maybe have a four team agreement for football in the nonconference with each team playing two/three of the others, Logan, Jackson, GA, Athens.

A second league, perhaps??? 👀

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 am

Exactly! I'd make the two hour drive up 33 to Logan. I'm sure many in Blue Devil Country would as well, especially with Coach Eddy matching up against Coach Penrod.

Maybe have a four team agreement for football in the nonconference with each team playing two/three of the others, Logan, Jackson, GA, Athens.

We’ll work on getting this game back . I’ve been trying to get the IronChief trophy for the Jackson/Logan winner . I can picture the Blue Devils seniors holding up a trophy for beating Jackson to the Blue Devil Nation fans . Would mean the world to the kids from either team . Sorry to hi jack this thread .

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:35 am

We’ll work on getting this game back . I’ve been trying to get the IronChief trophy for the Jackson/Logan winner . I can picture the Blue Devils seniors holding up a trophy for beating Jackson to the Blue Devil Nation fans . Would mean the world to the kids from either team . Sorry to hi jack this thread .
Last off topic reply, as I'm sure we've irked some mods, Poo Bear.

A trophy rivalry would be pretty easy to pull off for GAHS/JHS. We'll call it the Holzer Bowl. (Copyright pending)

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:38 am
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:35 am

Last off topic reply, as I'm sure we've irked some mods, Poo Bear.

A trophy rivalry would be pretty easy to pull off for GAHS/JHS. We'll call it the Holzer Bowl. (Copyright pending)

😂 perfect

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:38 am
svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:12 pm Playing a out of state school really penalizes you in no way. It could actually be seen as advantage depending on the team and there schedule. Basically point pheasants enrollment will be turned into OHSAA. They will be put into a class I think they will be considered a division 3 school. And if Galla academy would win they would get the points for beating a division 3 team. Where the advantage or disadvantage comes in is. When point beats another West Virginia school Gallia academy will receive second level points as if point beat another division 3 team no matter the size school they play.
Point is actually considered at D2 team according to JoeEitel.com
This could help the Blue Devils a ton of point goes on to having a decent season. This could help gain some points they lose by playing D5 teams weeks 3-10
you don't lose nearly as many points playing a d-5 team as playing a team that doesn't win games. that is why i think river valley should be off schedule. Meigs doesn't really bother me either way. now that they are not playing the crazy non conference schedule they should win 4 to 6 games most years.

In the non conference the blue devils really need to schedule teams that travel decently well. because outside of ironton no one in OVC travels well and the blue devils really need the gate. Since there athletics are totally self supporting.

So from that point of view makes sense. the part of that does not makes sense is recently the blue devils haven't really been competitive in these series. Hopefully that is about to change but i havent looked them up but i think gallia is maybe 2-8 against jackson in last 10 meetings with them maybe 1-9 and they are not much better against point in recent history.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to the River Valley Raiders!

Hopefully the Raiders HB/LB Senior Cole Young will be able to go after suffering a concussion vs Coal Grove.

Last game of this series. Hopefully the final game is a good one.

You can listen to the game live streaming online through River Valley Football Broadcasting.

www.mixlr.com/river-valley-football-broadcasting

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:41 am
91blue14 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:56 am people were begging to get on the ACADEMY schedule, the next 5 years I wonder what their out of conference schedule will look like
Next year you play Western Brown week 2. I think someone said Jackson has week 3 open next year
I know nothing about western brown

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Meigs
Point Pleasant
Jackson

Close/competitive rivalries that would create a perfect non-league schedule for Gallia Academy for years to come. Make it happen.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Gallia by a ton. Jv team will see action 3rd and 4th quarter.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”