Site Admin

WK1 2019 Federal Hocking @ Hundred (WV)

Post by mattash »

Can Federal Hocking get a W early on?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NY BUCK
All State

Re: WK1 2019 Federal Hocking @ Hundred (WV)

Post by NY BUCK »

Is this their only chance to get a win this season? Can they beat Wahama? Hope they can get a win

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully Fed Hock can get the win

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I hope so too. Looked pretty rough on the Gridiron Glory video

Do they lose a lot of transfers or nobody play?

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mattash wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:40 pm I hope so too. Looked pretty rough on the Gridiron Glory video

Fed Hock School district is half the county but low population. I’m sure they lose kids to Trimble, Warren, Athens, and Eastern since it’s so spread out.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Close to Eastern and Warren? wow

Michael Scott
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hundred is and has been very bad for a long, long time. This is Fed Hock's super bowl win and they will have a 1-0 record and record their only win this year.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

mattash wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:40 pm I hope so too. Looked pretty rough on the Gridiron Glory video

As a former coach at FH I can say the challenges are trying to get kids involved and the hurdles that come with either; transportation, interest or location in comparison to the school. The district is so spread out that a lot of kids live a long way from the school and it makes it tough to have them leave school and get back or stay at school after for a practice and then get them home. I know that the former football coach and I would schedule things that would leap frog one another so we could get kids to the school and make it worth their time to be there so we didn't have to worry about them leaving and struggling to get them back later. Sounded like FH played pretty well in their scrimmage last week. I wish them the best Friday!

Live Like A Champion!
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:19 am

As a former coach at FH I can say the challenges are trying to get kids involved and the hurdles that come with either; transportation, interest or location in comparison to the school. The district is so spread out that a lot of kids live a long way from the school and it makes it tough to have them leave school and get back or stay at school after for a practice and then get them home. I know that the former football coach and I would schedule things that would leap frog one another so we could get kids to the school and make it worth their time to be there so we didn't have to worry about them leaving and struggling to get them back later. Sounded like FH played pretty well in their scrimmage last week. I wish them the best Friday!
Those are not new issues to the district. Something else has changed, because Fed used to be fairly dominant in multiple sports. When Fed was winning, the geography of the district was still the same. I am not saying that it isn't an issue, but clearly there is more to the story since 10-15 years ago Fed was competitive.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:49 am

Those are not new issues to the district. Something else has changed, because Fed used to be fairly dominant in multiple sports. When Fed was winning, the geography of the district was still the same. I am not saying that it isn't an issue, but clearly there is more to the story since 10-15 years ago Fed was competitive.
True statements Fonzie and good points. Let's face it, they win when they have good coaching which includes getting the players to play in spite of the issues mentioned and when they don't the issues become magnified.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I was talking to a fellow yesterday that said Hundred has 40 on the varsity roster and they have for the first time started a Jr,. High program.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:49 am

Well the biggest hurdle and the biggest change is they haven't won a game since 2015. I mean that's the biggest issue any program faces. Winning breeds winning and when youre not no kid wants to come out and play to lose week in and week out.

Live Like A Champion!
Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Good luck to the lancers

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mattash wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:55 pm Close to Eastern and Warren? wow
It’s 207 square miles. Trimble is the same size of students but only 35 square miles. Fed Hock has its population pretty evenly spaced out in that 207 square miles. Logan always cries about being spread out but 2/3 the population is close to high school.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wrong again, Raider.

City of Logan. 7,050

Hocking County. 28,385

One high School in the County.

The High School is barely on the out skirts of the City.

Now how do you figure 2/3rds is closest to the High School?

putz
Waterboy

Post by putz »

mattash wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:55 pm Close to Eastern and Warren? wow
Fed Hock school district stretches clear to Tuppers Plains on the county line. Tupper Plains is about 4 minutes down the road from Eastern so if you drive down route 7 five minutes from Eastern you are on Fed Hock turf. So Eastern is way closer and a way better drive for some kids than to drive all the way to Stewart

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:07 pm Wrong again, Raider.

City of Logan. 7,050

Hocking County. 28,385

One high School in the County.

The High School is barely on the out skirts of the City.

Now how do you figure 2/3rds is closest to the High School?
Hocking County has 28,000 people but three Townships do not go to Logan. Ward (2,000), Perry (2,500), and Salt Creek 1,200. Logan’s School is 22,300. Falls has 12,000 people. Washington is 1,300. Both are extremely close to Logan High School. That’s 60%. The edges of the other townships would also be close putting it over 70%. Of course it’s a long drive from south Bloomingville to Logan high school at 27 minutes but that’s 600 people. Federal Hocking has trips over 30 minutes.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Not saying FH isn't spread out, but 2/3 of Logan/Hocking County population is not close to the High School like your making it out to be.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Make 93bulldog do the game. Only 2 hours and 30 minute drive

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Open enrollment has killed Fed. Turnover of coaching hasn’t helped. Things will turn around eventually I believe. That being said the Lancers start the season 1-0.

Return to “Football”