Week 1 ... Portsmouth West @ KIPP Columbus

Omega
SEOPS H

Week 1 ... Portsmouth West @ KIPP Columbus

Post by Omega »

I have not seen a discussion posted for this upcoming contest. In fact discussion about the Senators has been scant. Has the internet been disconnected in Washington Township?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Week 1 ... Portsmouth West @ KIPP Columbus

Post by Tartanblue »

West big, running clock in the second half.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:32 pm I have not seen a discussion posted for this upcoming contest. In fact discussion about the Senators has been scant. Has the internet been disconnected in Washington Township?
Not many get on here anymore.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

I've heard from a few people this game will be played at West due to the field not being ready in Columbus. Is that true?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Game is at West

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hopefully West

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Who they play? Who is KIPP

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

14U wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:03 am Who they play? Who is KIPP
https://www.kippcolumbus.org

They appear to a legit charter type school that is part of a national group. At least they actually have students, classes, and a campus unlike Bishop Sycamore aka Columbus COF.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’ll take west by 2 or 3 scores.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
WestGrad
Waterboy

Post by WestGrad »

I wish I could find someone with decent information on kipp, instead of the homers saying we’re going to clobber them. I don’t want to jinx West by no means. Until then,

West 34
Columbus 21

There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.“ - Woody Hayes.
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

West kicks off the season by devouring another cupcake 56-13.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

WestGrad wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:02 pm I wish I could find someone with decent information on kipp, instead of the homers saying we’re going to clobber them. I don’t want to jinx West by no means. Until then,

West 34
Columbus 21
I seen KIPP last year, they had speed but looked like a team who was still figuring things out for what I heard was a 1st or 2nd year team.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:43 pm West kicks off the season by devouring another cupcake 56-13.
You make that sound as if West doesn't play anyone. Besides our league being one of the best small school leagues around, West always plays good out of conference teams. I believe you watched West play Wheeling Central WV last year and West has played Raceland the last 4 years. Portsmouth has been up and down recently, but were very good and have been on the schedule for years.

The story is after playing Fairland week 1 for many many years they didn't want to play West anymore. That date was filled with South Point and they dropped it. West needed a game and after having to replace all but like 3 kids who have started a game, was probably looking for an easier opponent.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Westfan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:33 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:43 pm West kicks off the season by devouring another cupcake 56-13.
You make that sound as if West doesn't play anyone. Besides our league being one of the best small school leagues around, West always plays good out of conference teams. I believe you watched West play Wheeling Central WV last year and West has played Raceland the last 4 years. Portsmouth has been up and down recently, but were very good and have been on the schedule for years.

The story is after playing Fairland week 1 for many many years they didn't want to play West anymore. That date was filled with South Point and they dropped it. West needed a game and after having to replace all but like 3 kids who have started a game, was probably looking for an easier opponent.

Not a fan of west but always respect them for their schedule

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I never said that. What I said was just what my post stated, about the week one game.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:26 am

Not a fan of West's attitude and their style of play against many teams, but they do often get the job done against out of area teams.

WestGrad
Waterboy

Post by WestGrad »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

Not a fan of West's attitude and their style of play against many teams, but they do often get the job done against out of area teams.
What the past few classes have done doesn’t reflect the entire west side. I myself have been disappointed with the way west has showed themselves in recent years. Hopefully this year is different and we can get back the respect.

There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.“ - Woody Hayes.
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Do What?
5 to 10 years ago there were games that West had more unsportsmanlike penalties in a game then they do in a season now.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

What is wrong with their attitude and style of play?

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Westfan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:27 pm Do What?
5 to 10 years ago there were games that West had more unsportsmanlike penalties in a game then they do in a season now.
Agree 100%. I bet the last 5 years they have had the least amount of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties in the area.

Return to “Football”