JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

countywide35
SEOP

Re: JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Post by countywide35 »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:43 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 am wheelersburg will have to wait till gameday to see the tiger starters I spect.
LOL I hope so, I have been around football for along time, not playing your starters in a pre season game to give them a real view on what they have to get better on will not help them in the real game one of the season, this is what you get with Unexperienced coaches I guess. Rest assured the Burg starters will get their reps this Friday night .. There is a big difference playing an opponent vs your own team, getting use to your own emotions and hype of the game..
I agree with that statement...….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Should be competitive. Good luck to a no injury battle

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I would expect ironton will have at least 4-5 kids minimum going both ways. Carrico is obviously their stud. He is their most punishing runner led them in yards from scrimmage last year and is one of the highest rated lb’s in the state. Salyers is obviously starting qb but started at safety last year. He will play a lot both ways. Folsom (sp?). Is probably gonna play somewhere on defense and will start fullback. And I would say there will be a few more see lots of time both ways. They are gonna be a great team no question. It will be very interesting to see these two teams compete. Both should have great seasons

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

What time does this game begin this Friday

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

victor creed wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:17 pm What time does this game begin this Friday
Poo Bear posted this in another thread for this game.
Friday vs ironton at alumni stadium at 6pm

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

victor creed wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:30 pm I would expect ironton will have at least 4-5 kids minimum going both ways. Carrico is obviously their stud. He is their most punishing runner led them in yards from scrimmage last year and is one of the highest rated lb’s in the state. Salyers is obviously starting qb but started at safety last year. He will play a lot both ways. Folsom (sp?). Is probably gonna play somewhere on defense and will start fullback. And I would say there will be a few more see lots of time both ways. They are gonna be a great team no question. It will be very interesting to see these two teams compete. Both should have great seasons

Fosson will play Dend and some fullback not the reverse

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

interested to see what these teams are going to line up in and establish Friday night?? we going to see a two tight set and see who put the most effort in the weight rooms or we going to see some wide formations and showcasing the skilled positions ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope the starters play myself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Max. Not if you win the toss and elect to receive. Lol then Fosson will play fullback first and then dline🤣

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:26 am I hope the starters play myself.

had some football minded guys last night tell me that Ironton didn't show their starters at the OVC preview to allow them to be healthy for a showing inside alumni stadium. Cannot imagine guys like Andy Hall and Trevon Pendleton not let their guys get after it for a bit.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

My son plays and I personally think he could use some more reps especially against a team like Jackson, it’s been a while since I’ve seen Jackson play but they always seem to have some big boys upfront and some big hard nosed running backs . Now how much should all the starters play I really don’t know that answer and glad I don’t have to make that decision

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tripaces wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:56 am My son plays and I personally think he could use some more reps especially against a team like Jackson, it’s been a while since I’ve seen Jackson play but they always seem to have some big boys upfront and some big hard nosed running backs . Now how much should all the starters play I really don’t know that answer and glad I don’t have to make that decision

well considering you say could use more reps and only two posts on the site...im going to assume that your son starts for the fighting tigers.....and I hope the coaches see it your way with the thoughts of the starters getting and needing more reps.....im sure the Jackson coaches feel their starters need the reps after the one scrimmage with west....

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

I’m by no means a coach just a dad and that’s just my opinion, I’m sure the coaches aren’t going to consult with me about playing time or any other coaching decision hahahahaha. From what little I know about the coaching staff and coach Pendleton they seem to be very organized and have a plan ... someone said that Jackson’s coach and coach Pendleton are friends so if that’s the case I’m sure it’s already worked out and all of our guessing is for nothing

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tripaces wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:26 am I’m by no means a coach just a dad and that’s just my opinion, I’m sure the coaches aren’t going to consult with me about playing time or any other coaching decision hahahahaha. From what little I know about the coaching staff and coach Pendleton they seem to be very organized and have a plan ... someone said that Jackson’s coach and coach Pendleton are friends so if that’s the case I’m sure it’s already worked out and all of our guessing is for nothing

yes the relationship is good between the two coaches...…when Pendleton took the job in the spring...late spring I should say of 2018 it wasn't long and the Jackson coach opened up Alumni stadium for Pendleton to bring his kids up for a passing scrimmage....will say that about Coach Pendleton….he came into Ironton and immediately changed that program around.....they went from not having a coach and turmoil late into the off-season to finding themselves in the state play-offs.....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

speaking of some local joints for the tiger fans heading N on 93....rowdy's smokehouse you cant go wrong before a football game.....great tailgating atmosphere with great meats to choose from with a baked potato fit for a king.....stockroom 601 (next to the old ponderosa building) you will find great burgers wings etc....arch n eddies is a nice sit down meal with some great tasty food....fries with garlic parmesan on them are mouth watering and filling....the Corner Pub you can get the local favorite of a Jackson County Veal...…of course there's all the food chains of Pizza Hut, KFC and so forth...….if ya want a good samich to head back down the road and eat in the car order a hot ham n cheese sub from Gillespie's across from Wal-Mart heading south on 93 out of town...…delicious...….and make sure you a grab an ice cold can of Ski pop to wash it all down.....look forward to seeing the Ironton faithful in town

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 am speaking of some local joints for the tiger fans heading N on 93....rowdy's smokehouse you cant go wrong before a football game.....great tailgating atmosphere with great meats to choose from with a baked potato fit for a king.....stockroom 601 (next to the old ponderosa building) you will find great burgers wings etc....arch n eddies is a nice sit down meal with some great tasty food....fries with garlic parmesan on them are mouth watering and filling....the Corner Pub you can get the local favorite of a Jackson County Veal...…of course there's all the food chains of Pizza Hut, KFC and so forth...….if ya want a good samich to head back down the road and eat in the car order a hot ham n cheese sub from Gillespie's across from Wal-Mart heading south on 93 out of town...…delicious...….and make sure you a grab an ice cold can of Ski pop to wash it all down.....look forward to seeing the Ironton faithful in town
I find amazing it that a preseason scrimmage (albeit between two good teams) would generate the volume of posts that it has even before the scrum has occurred. Throw in talk about tailgating and local eateries, I would say fan interest in high school football is at an all time high in SE Ohio.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:35 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 am speaking of some local joints for the tiger fans heading N on 93....rowdy's smokehouse you cant go wrong before a football game.....great tailgating atmosphere with great meats to choose from with a baked potato fit for a king.....stockroom 601 (next to the old ponderosa building) you will find great burgers wings etc....arch n eddies is a nice sit down meal with some great tasty food....fries with garlic parmesan on them are mouth watering and filling....the Corner Pub you can get the local favorite of a Jackson County Veal...…of course there's all the food chains of Pizza Hut, KFC and so forth...….if ya want a good samich to head back down the road and eat in the car order a hot ham n cheese sub from Gillespie's across from Wal-Mart heading south on 93 out of town...…delicious...….and make sure you a grab an ice cold can of Ski pop to wash it all down.....look forward to seeing the Ironton faithful in town
I find amazing it that a preseason scrimmage (albeit between two good teams) would generate the volume of posts that it has even before the scrum has occurred. Throw in talk about tailgating and local eateries, I would say fan interest in high school football is at an all time high in SE Ohio.

omega it definitely is for this contest...…both history rich in football...one program that hit the dumps for awhile then a coach coming in and less than 6months of his tenure he has them back in the playoffs.....other program is riding the back of the winningest coach in schools history, multiple league titles, state play-off appearances with the pressure of getting to the big game...…add in the fact that both teams are full of college athletes heading to the next level and for some a Power 5 school.....the starters wont see much time but they will see enough for the fans that show up early to get a feel of what it would be like if these two teams clashed for 4qrters with a mark going either in the W or L columns afterwards... this game would provide tons of play-off points...…this is a play-off type matchup for sure.....I would like to say sometime in the near future these tow teams will again be back on each others schedule.....but in the meantime this is all we are gonna get and there is quite bit of excitement on both sides to get to see a little bit of it....do expect a good crowd for the scrimmage in the nicest stadium SEO has to offer...…

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I am coming up to see this one just as a curiosity before the Week 1 match-up, and I will be at Rowdy's for some bbq either before or after (maybe both lol) the game. In the words of Roy D. Mercer, I just wanna see how big of boys these Ironmen and Tigers are lol...

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 pm
I am coming up to see this one just as a curiosity before the Week 1 match-up, and I will be at Rowdy's for some bbq either before or after (maybe both lol) the game. In the words of Roy D. Mercer, I just wanna see how big of boys these Ironmen and Tigers are lol...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

classic roy d

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Thanks for the info I’ll definitely try one

Return to “Football”