Green Bobcats 2019

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Green Bobcats 2019

Post by Tartanblue »

Good to see the numbers up, but how does the coach handle this? Does he reward the players who put in ALL of the off season work or do some of those players lose a spot because little Jimmy is a better athlete but figured he didn't need to put work in the off season?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Tartanblue wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:09 am Good to see the numbers up, but how does the coach handle this? Does he reward the players who put in ALL of the off season work or do some of those players lose a spot because little Jimmy is a better athlete but figured he didn't need to put work in the off season?
I thought about this too. I know it’s a small school and I’m glad the numbers are up by 12 or so in the last couple days or something like that. But the hard stuff is over with 2 a days, camp. So somebody coming off the street and taking you’re spot doesn’t set well with some kids. I’m glad there have kids and hope for another great year. I was wondering the approach as well.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hopefully the staff has talked things over with those who were there and their has been an understanding between those players, the staff and the new players. At the end of the day they are a team and the numbers being up is a good thing, that can only help all of those involved in the football program.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Tartanblue wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:09 am Good to see the numbers up, but how does the coach handle this? Does he reward the players who put in ALL of the off season work or do some of those players lose a spot because little Jimmy is a better athlete but figured he didn't need to put work in the off season?
Great point. Gonna be a challenge for Green staff next offseason/conditioning getting kids to show up if these players come in off the street and start despite missing all the practices that other kids were at.*

Football88
Waterboy

Post by Football88 »

There was 4 more come out to play yesterday. They have nearly 40 players now which has to be the most they’ve had in decades.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Football88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 am There was 4 more come out to play yesterday. They have nearly 40 players now which has to be the most they’ve had in decades.
They have enough uniforms for 40 lol. I’d like to know the actual number. Great for them as a program. But kids should there’s work involved to play like 2 a days and camps. 40 is more than a lot of schools around here

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”