Miller leaving the TVC ?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Miller leaving the TVC ?

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm Oak Hill a possibility for TVC? Keep hearing they not happy about going SOC II in football.*
With Wahama and Miller exiting, the Ohio and hocking divisions will both be at 7 members each. Adding oak Hill to the Ohio and fort Frye to the Hocking would take care of the staggered non conference weeks each team will have.
We still wish the tvc would’ve made a big team division with Jackson , Athens , Logan , Warren , gallipolis . I know the tvc guys will be on here saying it’s not our fault about the Seoal ect . But most teams would agree Athens is too big and what better way to get back at the “too good for the tvc” teams than to put them under the TVC banner . I would make em put TVC on their turf fields .

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Jackson has a perfect fit now anyway right ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

mattash wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:31 pm Jackson has a perfect fit now anyway right ?
Yes , the FAC has been a great conference

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:27 pm Shouldn’t conf always strive to be better? Fort Frye is good at almost every sport.
We’re thinking the same thing.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

TVC should invite Fort Frye. Belpre plays them every year in almost every sport. It was a great rivalry when I was in school and can still be.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

South Gallia Federal Hocking are not going go be able to or want to play trimble and fort in the Same season.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

If D7 don't start there own football thing then the TVC will need to go three ways.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fun debate though

Michael Scott
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Adding Oak Hill to the Ohio, and Fort Frye to the Hocking would be perfect. Fort already plays two Hocking teams and is adding another next year. That’s the only changes I really see that needs to be made.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:29 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm Oak Hill a possibility for TVC? Keep hearing they not happy about going SOC II in football.*
With Wahama and Miller exiting, the Ohio and hocking divisions will both be at 7 members each. Adding oak Hill to the Ohio and fort Frye to the Hocking would take care of the staggered non conference weeks each team will have.
We still wish the tvc would’ve made a big team division with Jackson , Athens , Logan , Warren , gallipolis . I know the tvc guys will be on here saying it’s not our fault about the Seoal ect . But most teams would agree Athens is too big and what better way to get back at the “too good for the tvc” teams than to put them under the TVC banner . I would make em put TVC on their turf fields .

You know I was for bringing in the Seoal. Would’ve been the best conference in SEO. The TVC needs to look at expanding or else more teams could wind up jumping ship.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

South gallia is just too far removed from the rest of the TVC Hocking. Schools and fans just don’t want to travel that far. The same could be said for Wahama. The Hocking Division was always the more spread out of the two TVC divisions but I think you’re seeing the downfall of that. Similar to the Seoal (on a lesser scale). The TVC needs to figure this out quickly or else there could be a mass exodus. You have Athens, almost twice as big as everyone else in the Ohio Division and the Hocking that is spread out. There are issues that need addressed. Quickly.

With the exit of Wahama and miller, there are only three teams that have left the TVC banner. The other being warren. 40 years of history and only three schools have left. I don’t think it’s time to panic, but the TVC needs to be proactive on the issues they have or else this could turn into the Seoal part two. Meigs, Alex, Wellston, Vinton County, and ny could easily break away and form a new conference. Same goes for belpre, southern, eastern, fed Hock, Waterford and Trimble. I don’t think the TVC shakeup is over just yet.

Imo, the TVC needs to add oak hill or warren to the Ohio. They also need to take a hard look at south gallia and possibly add fort Frye, talk Miller into staying, and boot the gallians. Or, add oak hill and warren to the Ohio and move River Valley to the Hocking.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 am South gallia is just too far removed from the rest of the TVC Hocking. Schools and fans just don’t want to travel that far. The same could be said for Wahama. The Hocking Division was always the more spread out of the two TVC divisions but I think you’re seeing the downfall of that. Similar to the Seoal (on a lesser scale). The TVC needs to figure this out quickly or else there could be a mass exodus. You have Athens, almost twice as big as everyone else in the Ohio Division and the Hocking that is spread out. There are issues that need addressed. Quickly.

With the exit of Wahama and miller, there are only three teams that have left the TVC banner. The other being warren. 40 years of history and only three schools have left. I don’t think it’s time to panic, but the TVC needs to be proactive on the issues they have or else this could turn into the Seoal part two. Meigs, Alex, Wellston, Vinton County, and ny could easily break away and form a new conference. Same goes for belpre, southern, eastern, fed Hock, Waterford and Trimble. I don’t think the TVC shakeup is over just yet.

Imo, the TVC needs to add oak hill or warren to the Ohio. They also need to take a hard look at south gallia and possibly add fort Frye, talk Miller into staying, and boot the gallians. Or, add oak hill and warren to the Ohio and move River Valley to the Hocking.
I don't think anyone is in panic mode and I don't think anymore teams plan to leave (unless VC is scared of little NY).
I don't think anyone saw this coming but I don't expect it to become a trend.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

I'd like to see the TVC add about 4 more teams then break into 3 separate 6 team divisions. Would only be 5 league games in football but could make everyone do a couple crossover games that way filling out the non league games wouldn't be too difficult

Its all in the hips
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:26 am
Dundas wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 am South gallia is just too far removed from the rest of the TVC Hocking. Schools and fans just don’t want to travel that far. The same could be said for Wahama. The Hocking Division was always the more spread out of the two TVC divisions but I think you’re seeing the downfall of that. Similar to the Seoal (on a lesser scale). The TVC needs to figure this out quickly or else there could be a mass exodus. You have Athens, almost twice as big as everyone else in the Ohio Division and the Hocking that is spread out. There are issues that need addressed. Quickly.

I don't think anyone is in panic mode and I don't think anymore teams plan to leave (unless VC is scared of little NY).
Couldn’t agree more

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't know what's going on here but as an alumnus, I know it's hard to deal with a huge exodus of population. If they are doing this, must be some demographic appeal.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ny has played VC more than any other opponent in their history. I don’t think either team is afraid. Lol I do however think the TVC needs to find out why these teams feel they are better off elsewhere. When two schools leave in back to back years, that is cause for some concern. Not panic, but concern for sure.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Ny has played VC more than any other opponent in their history. I don’t think either team is afraid. Lol I do however think the TVC needs to find out why these teams feel they are better off elsewhere. When two schools leave in back to back years, that is cause for some concern. Not panic, but concern for sure.
Wahamas administration gave an explanation of why they are leaving and I believe them.
Miller is trying to shorten up travel times throughout the school year.
Both schools saw an opportunity that they thought would benefit their student Athletes more and took it.
I'm sad that Miller is leaving but they gotta do what they think is best.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Has there been an official statement ?

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is more willing then ever to join and apply for Southeast District. Let’s get this movement started.

Oakhead
Waterboy

Post by Oakhead »

I'd like to see Oak Hill join the TVC. I think we'd be a good fit.

Return to “Football”