SEOPS HOF

Re: Miller leaving the TVC ?

Post by Raider6309 »

Can’t see this being true with a Glouster person running the school district

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye would join if invited. If they did though they would have the same problem Trimble will have this year. Got to almost be 10-0 or 9-1 in the TVC Hocking to get a home game.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

It is true they will be in the cardinal division and they voted today to release them they were asked to start league play next year do not know if they released them to start league play next year or not.Trimble will have 4 non league games now.

:roll: cats :roll:
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 pm At one time I think this league was a solid league, but now with many of these schools having problems with numbers, who knows.
I would dare guess if the O.H.S.A.A. makes a DIV 8 (8 MAN) more than a few of these schools will be playing in it. As for now, with Harvest Prep no longer in this part of the Mid State, I think it is a good move for Miller.
I think, if indeed Miller comes to the MSL, the Falcons will see its basically the same level of competition as the Hocking. FCA = Fed Hock, GCC has number issues and is probably the same level as a South Gallia. FC, Berne and Worthington Christian are roughly equivalent to Belpre and Southern. The part that is hard about those three schools is unless they’re in a really down season numbers wise, they’ll probably beat Miller way more often than not and usually by a few TD’s. Those three are head and shoulders above GCC and FCA.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Just got off the phone with our AD — MSL has voted to invite Miller.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 pm Just got off the phone with our AD — MSL has voted to invite Miller.
Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I personally hate to see them leave but understand why. Travel distance is going to become an even bigger question with the shrinking school budgets with state funding being what it has become for public schools. I always felt that Miller and South Gallia had a lot in common and the games were fairly competitive over the years but the distance of 82 miles one way takes it toll.

Best of Luck to the Falcons moving forward!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:07 pm I personally hate to see them leave but understand why. Travel distance is going to become an even bigger question with the shrinking school budgets with state funding being what it has become for public schools. I always felt that Miller and South Gallia had a lot in common and the games were fairly competitive over the years but the distance of 82 miles one way takes it toll.

I showed your post to a buddy in alabama, his response you have people complain about going 82 miles for a game. he also said you don't get any poorer than alabama and we drive to some places 4 hours away to play a game in Mississippi,florida.

best of luck to miller

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I have been told that in Montana going 5 to 6 hours to play was normal.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:07 pm I personally hate to see them leave but understand why. Travel distance is going to become an even bigger question with the shrinking school budgets with state funding being what it has become for public schools. I always felt that Miller and South Gallia had a lot in common and the games were fairly competitive over the years but the distance of 82 miles one way takes it toll.

So travel 84 miles to Worthington Christian? :lol:

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:41 pm

So travel 84 miles to Worthington Christian? :lol:
They would only be making that drive every two years for exactly one event (football.)

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Does this open a door for Fort Frye?

Live Like A Champion!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

It should. Fort would be perfect

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:23 pm Does this open a door for Fort Frye?
They are ranked preseason number 1 in D6. I don't think anyone in the Hocking outside of Trimble wants to play them.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Oak Hill a possibility for TVC? Keep hearing they not happy about going SOC II in football.*

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm Oak Hill a possibility for TVC? Keep hearing they not happy about going SOC II in football.*
With Wahama and Miller exiting, the Ohio and hocking divisions will both be at 7 members each. Adding oak Hill to the Ohio and fort Frye to the Hocking would take care of the staggered non conference weeks each team will have.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm Oak Hill a possibility for TVC? Keep hearing they not happy about going SOC II in football.*
With Wahama and Miller exiting, the Ohio and hocking divisions will both be at 7 members each. Adding oak Hill to the Ohio and fort Frye to the Hocking would take care of the staggered non conference weeks each team will have.
Give it up Dundas, you’re making too much sense

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shouldn’t conf always strive to be better? Fort Frye is good at almost every sport.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hocking won't want Trimble if numbers continue to be low

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

My D7 conference thread makes perfect sense