Your Least Favorite HS Venue

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Your Least Favorite HS Venue

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 pm BELFRY, KY
I had just moved back to Ironton after 8 years in Kalamazoo for school/work & I was excited for a road trip tiger game.
I should’ve realized there was a reason no one wanted to go when I had offered the transportation, complimentary snacks, party favors, Free Food etc, & no one took a bite.

I had the pleasure of:

1.Parking in the middle of a strange road with other Tiger Fans. We all kinda followed one another blindly, like:”WT—“ & where will this lead us”?

2. Sat on a busted cement slab that may have once been the foundation for bleachers, a building, or an entrance to a tunnel. All to enjoy the game. I think my butt print is still there!

3. Walking back to my car all by my lonesome as dozens of pairs of eyes 👀 followed me back to my car in the moonlight, after a solid thumping by the Fighting Tigers.
I was still under 30, so they didn’t dare! But, I was Ready for come what may. I Still don’t know where those tiger fans I walked into the game with went to! Lol!!

I always loved going to Portsmouth and sitting on the home side back in the day. I loved that old stadium.
Blazer and Burg are not fun visiting stands to sit in either. However, it’s been 20-years for any mentioned, so they all could be better by now.

you need to read ol baits story from his trip there

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
county I know this poster very well. we lived in the same hood. he ain't lyin. it was eerie as heck. and to get to your car you had to walk through this gauntlet of pirate fans. or to the bathroom for that matter. it was like a sidewalk with handrails. rubbing against every person you passed. it was intimidating.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:24 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 pm BELFRY, KY
I had just moved back to Ironton after 8 years in Kalamazoo for school/work & I was excited for a road trip tiger game.
I should’ve realized there was a reason no one wanted to go when I had offered the transportation, complimentary snacks, party favors, Free Food etc, & no one took a bite.

I had the pleasure of:

1.Parking in the middle of a strange road with other Tiger Fans. We all kinda followed one another blindly, like:”WT—“ & where will this lead us”?

2. Sat on a busted cement slab that may have once been the foundation for bleachers, a building, or an entrance to a tunnel. All to enjoy the game. I think my butt print is still there!

3. Walking back to my car all by my lonesome as dozens of pairs of eyes 👀 followed me back to my car in the moonlight, after a solid thumping by the Fighting Tigers.
I was still under 30, so they didn’t dare! But, I was Ready for come what may. I Still don’t know where those tiger fans I walked into the game with went to! Lol!!

I always loved going to Portsmouth and sitting on the home side back in the day. I loved that old stadium.
Blazer and Burg are not fun visiting stands to sit in either. However, it’s been 20-years for any mentioned, so they all could be better by now.

you need to read ol baits story from his trip there

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
county I know this poster very well. we lived in the same hood. he ain't lyin. it was eerie as heck. and to get to your car you had to walk through this gauntlet of pirate fans. or to the bathroom for that matter. it was like a sidewalk with handrails. rubbing against every person you passed. it was intimidating.

thats classic.......when I read his post there was no doubt in my mind that you two had to be cut from the same cloth!!!! LOL....it made your story even better to me and all I could thnk about was you and those temporary plates from Dan Hall Cheverolet!!!!! great stories men

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Gallipolis plays in a sewer pit.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

BigBen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:11 pm Gallipolis plays in a sewer pit.
Not a nice narrative.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

football was meant to be played on grass, not the fake stuff, everytime your neighbor buys something do you go get the same thing. GA athletic department is self sufficient.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

1. Fairland
2. West

BeatOfTheSEOhio
Waterboy

Post by BeatOfTheSEOhio »

I haven't visited or seen any pictures since the grant was received, but Spartan Stadium could be a candidate. Nostalgia aside, it felt second-rate to watch a game at the stadium in recent years.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

91blue14 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:12 pm
football was meant to be played on grass, not the fake stuff, everytime your neighbor buys something do you go get the same thing. GA athletic department is self sufficient.
None of that changes the fact that it’s a sewer pit. From what I understand, you have a track and field in place. In fact, I’ve been there and seen it. All you need is to move your metal bleachers and then raise some money for concession stands and locker rooms. Not ideal, but better than the current situation in town.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Seriously, are you trying to tell everyone that you wouldn’t prefer a nice turf field?
And what does an athletic department being self sufficient have to do with anything? I don’t know many programs that aren’t.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I wanna add Morgan to the list that place sucks.

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:10 pm I wanna add Morgan to the list that place sucks.
You got a picture of Morgan’s field?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Hate watching a game at West , as stated before , just so far away from the field .. On the opposing side the people look like ants and you really cant hear anything .

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

BigBen wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:37 pm
None of that changes the fact that it’s a sewer pit. From what I understand, you have a track and field in place. In fact, I’ve been there and seen it. All you need is to move your metal bleachers and then raise some money for concession stands and locker rooms. Not ideal, but better than the current situation in town.
They can't "just move in some bleachers" the field inside the track is too small for a football field and end zones. When they built it they tried to save money. So now they want a new field, they have to tear up the track, measure out a football field, then replace the teack, all of that cost big $$, which they don't have.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Rvfan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:55 pm
BigBen wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:37 pm

They can't "just move in some bleachers" the field inside the track is too small for a football field and end zones. When they built it they tried to save money. So now they want a new field, they have to tear up the track, measure out a football field, then replace the teack, all of that cost big $$, which they don't have.
Understood. Sounds like really poor planning that will cost them a lot of unnecessary expense. Too bad though for the boys who have to play on that thing and not get to enjoy a nice facility.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I love playing at the Rock on the westside as a home fan. But as a visitor I can totally understand. It lacks a homey feel because you are so far away from the action. Scenery and facilities are very nice, but they messed up by lutti g it so far away. Not sure how they would do it but as I'm sure turf will eventually be there, somehow fix the bleacher problem.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Ironton worst for holding big games. Friday night will be a zoo and they will struggle to accommodate visitors.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Like I said all stadiums in Gallia County are terrible. River Valley and South Gallia were built and they cut every corner they could to save a dollar. Neither field was built with a watering system and they had to tear up both fields and install a watering system a couple of years after they were built. Great planning there but at least their kids aren't playing in the sewer pit at memorial field.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Spartan stadium-Portsmouth- Fans are to far away from the action

Tanks stadium-Ironton- No visiting seating at all. The sad part about it is there are quite a few Ironton fans that sit on the visitors side taking up even more seats.

Return to “Football”