Scrimmage Results

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by Ground Buck »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:04 pm Waterford struggles vs Barnesville and Caldwell. Barnesville has a nice team very good skill guys. Caldwell scored once on Waterford. Barnesville was the best team scored 3 times.
Yea, Waterford looks down this year. It'll be a three horse race for the TVC Hocking if Belpre can step up with Eastern and Trimble.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea, a three horse race it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: It might be a race for who can score against Trumble after they put the JV defense in, but the "race" for the Hocking title will be akin to a snail racing a cheetah. Trumble being the cheetah and AYO's being the snail. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Thank you Enigmaax

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 pm Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.
Your kidding? Northwest that good or ZT down?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Wellston and Rock Hill varsity each scored a touchdown. Good scrimmage for both teams. I liked the diversity and tempo for Wellston. JV teams showed talent. Some penalties and turnovers on both sides, to be expected at this point.

Mohawk1234
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk1234 »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 pm Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.
Northwest also only had three offensive possessions with varsity. Zane Trace kept varsity in for two or three additional possessions against northwest jv before eventually punching one in.

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Rocket Booster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 pm Wellston and Rock Hill varsity each scored a touchdown. Good scrimmage for both teams. I liked the diversity and tempo for Wellston. JV teams showed talent. Some penalties and turnovers on both sides, to be expected at this point.
Thought Wellston looked like the much better team tonight to be honest.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest will be better this year. They will be young at a lot of positions. Their definitely heading in the right direction.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Break up the Mohawks?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

sportsfan2015 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 pm
Rocket Booster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 pm Wellston and Rock Hill varsity each scored a touchdown. Good scrimmage for both teams. I liked the diversity and tempo for Wellston. JV teams showed talent. Some penalties and turnovers on both sides, to be expected at this point.
Thought Wellston looked like the much better team tonight to be honest.
Wellston ran the no huddle very well. They may surprise some in the TVC.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Northwest sophomore class should be very good if those kids are still at Northwest and still playing football. I remember them in 8th grade...undefeated and very good. The class behind them isn't too bad either.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

toast wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 pm
Northwest sophomore class should be very good if those kids are still at Northwest and still playing football. I remember them in 8th grade...undefeated and very good. The class behind them isn't too bad either.
Yeah I believe with that sophomore class they have and the numbers within the freshman class, we may start to see a run of league titles for northwest coming up with Oak Hill having moved up to SOCII.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Scrimmage last night between River Valley and Symmes Valley.

I thought a good scrimmage for both teams. Impressed with RV defense, especially Cole Young hitting hard. Hess, Bowman and Hash with nice plays on defense as well.
Both teams moved the ball pretty well early, but stalled out at the end.
Good to just see live competition on the field.

I believe it was 2-1 Symmes Valley during the Varsity time.

Also very impressed with the JV for River Valley. Defense was hitting hard!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Went to the West vs Jackson scrimmage. They each had a 10 play series and they played 2 12 minute quarters of down and distance. Jackson won 6-0. Jackson scored on a long pass play. I think West started 2 or 3 freshman on defense.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Attended 1 hour of the Grandview Hts/Lucasville Valley scrimmage. This was Grandview Hts first time of field cause there 1st scrimmage with Worthington Christian was cancelled. Both teams had 3 10 series in the time I was there. Started the scrimmage with 3 punts by each team and then Grandview Hts kicked 2 extra points. If Grandview Hts and Lucasville Valley were to play game conditions I would give Grandview Hts the edge. Having read a little on Valley I know there are young team and you can see the foundation is there. This is Grandview Hts last push for a few years. Most of Grandview Hts key players are seniors and there is not much behind this senior class in terms of football talent. Grandview Hts had to show they can run the ball- not much was done in this scrimmage to show the running game is solid. Luke Lachey is by far the best player has but will challenged a lot during the season. He had probably 5 or 6 catches- mostly short catches. He did make a one hand catch in the end zone but was out of bounce. I saw Grandview Hts score 3 times and Valley scored 2 but one was called back by penalty.
Much like Valley-Grandview Hts plays a tough schedule playing schools that are much bigger. If Grandview Hts stays healthy and shows they can consistently run the ball a nice season could be had but my gut says 7-3 would be pushing it and more like 6-4 or 5-5 is probable.
Good luck to Valley during the season and their were more Valley Fans at the scrimmage than Grandview Hts.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Any news from NY/New Lex scrimmage?

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 pm Any news from NY/New Lex scrimmage?
I just don't understand it!! I haven't seen O&B say hardly anything about NY. In the past couple of years he was on here talking about some kind of payback tour and all sorts of nonsense. I am just assuming that NY must be struggling or something.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Shotgun red wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 pm
I just don't understand it!! I haven't seen O&B say hardly anything about NY. In the past couple of years he was on here talking about some kind of payback tour and all sorts of nonsense. I am just assuming that NY must be struggling or something.
Not to worried about the bucks struggling, once we get healthy and settled in, we will be fine. With that being said the first two weeks will be tough for sure

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East and South Gallia?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Shotgun red wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 pm

O&B is sort of busy with a couple of things and may not be on here as much. Doesn't have anything to do with NY being up or down. NY fans can probably figure it out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”