Scrimmage Results

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by BigBlueNation »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:51 pm Any word on Ironton/Valley scrimmage?
Ironton scored 3 times on their first 10 play series. A long run and 2 long passes. Valley had trouble moving the ball but did score 1 time. Ironton seemed like they was really wanting to work on the passing game, most of their big plays came from the passing game. Valley had a freshman playing safety and they had trouble defending the pass. I think Ironton scored 5 times all together.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:35 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:51 pm Any word on Ironton/Valley scrimmage?
Ironton scored 3 times on their first 10 play series. A long run and 2 long passes. Valley had trouble moving the ball but did score 1 time. Ironton seemed like they was really wanting to work on the passing game, most of their big plays came from the passing game. Valley had a freshman playing safety and they had trouble defending the pass. I think Ironton scored 5 times all together.
About what was expected. Thanks.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Great time of year to be in Souteast Ohio. Lots of great schools players, & coaches.

I hope this is a start to healthy, productive and championship seasons for all of our fave teams.

Good Luck to the schools and conferences that make up our communities? Stay healthy & RepReSent!

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

For a first scrimmage Chillicothe looked very sharp on offense and defense against Northland the first set of 10 and 10 Chillicothe scored twice and End Northland scoreless both teams started at the 20 going into the end zone The next set of 10 plays Chillicothe scored another 2 times to northlands one score. When they ran ten and ten going the length of the field the Kentucky Committ 4 star wide receiver from Northland Beat a corner deep for about 60 yards but Chillicothe still held them scoreless on the offensive set going the length of the field Chillicothe Drove the ball down the field easily and scored another touchdown from my count Chillicothe varsity 5 tds to 1 for Northland

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah valley had a few freshmen playing tonight and was not playing the qb on defense who normally would start at cb they just couldn’t cover the deep pass

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

After the first set of plays Valley played pretty well defensively. Other than Carrico’s big run early, Valley did a nice job against the run. They gave up several big plays in the pass game against vertical routes but it looked to me like they were in nothing but base cover 3 and never changed it.

I was really encouraged by the Valley run D. There were some missed tackles but there were also a lot of kids playing for the first time.

Ironton is going to have a nice season. They are physical and fairly fast. They did have a small problem with penalties so that needs to be cleaned up, but I’m sure it wil.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:20 am I look for the ironton/Jackson scrimmage to be more of a battle. I know ironton is out to prove something. and Jackson wants to hold on to their recent dominance over ironton the last few times they played. Jackson is a much bigger district. and ironton has 60 horses in the stalls this year. so it should get real quickly.

Yeah agree , The talk all over the area has been ironton ironton ironton. All D1 backfield , top linebacker in the nation , ect . Teams are waiting for this huge challenge.
I heard the New England Patriots were wanting to scrimmage them too, but, backed out at the last minute fearing Brady might get hurt at his age playing against Ironton's stellar defense! Wow, even talking about the Tigers way up there in Foxborough! :shock:
bobby, you may want to read some of my posts over. I ain't once made these lofty claims.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Sorry bait, you are correct, your post shouldn't be in there! It was meant for poo. By the way, only my "best buddies" call me "bobby"...are you trying to tell me we're best buds now? :shock:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:56 am Sorry bait, you are correct, your post shouldn't be in there! It was meant for poo. By the way, only my "best buddies" call me "bobby"...are you trying to tell me we're best buds now? :shock:
I’m not throwing shade on Ironton Bobbbbbb, they’ve just been the talk of the town this whole off season and teams are wanting to test em . I hope they are legit and really push Jackson around during the scrimmage . I got a feeling they’ll be the most physical and talented team the Ironmen face all year . Those games really prep a team for the upcoming 10 week grind .

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Ironton ran about 5 different plays all night , at one point the ran the same play at least 6 times in a row. The offense will be just fine when the playbook is opened up but at a scrimmage especially the first scrimmage I’m sure the coaches had things they wanted to see , I did see a lot of missed tackles in the backfield and at the line of scrimmage Tigers will need to clean that up but the defense was very aggressive and laying some licks

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford struggles vs Barnesville and Caldwell. Barnesville has a nice team very good skill guys. Caldwell scored once on Waterford. Barnesville was the best team scored 3 times.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Ny 14 Logan 7 with varsity.
Jv Logan 14 NY 7
Logan was more aggressive up front. Logan coaching staff has them headed in the right direction.
NY struggled early but were without several starters in Wilburn, Phillips, Levering , Bennington, and Flowers went down also. Hopefully they are all ready for Trimble.
NY played several youngsters and showed some real promise. Seel settled down and threw some nice passes and had 2 really nice td runs. Overall it was a typical 1st scrimmage. Several mistakes by both sides.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

valley was able to move the ball on ironton when they was in shotgun and spread ironton a defense out I don’t see anyone lining up in a power formation and moving the ball on them it’s been awhile since I have seen a team have that kind of size probably not since valley played Kenton in the playoffs

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:59 pm valley was able to move the ball on ironton when they was in shotgun and spread ironton a defense out I don’t see anyone lining up in a power formation and moving the ball on them it’s been awhile since I have seen a team have that kind of size probably not since valley played Kenton in the playoffs

Valley has never played Kenton.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:07 pm
Izladoom wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:59 pm valley was able to move the ball on ironton when they was in shotgun and spread ironton a defense out I don’t see anyone lining up in a power formation and moving the ball on them it’s been awhile since I have seen a team have that kind of size probably not since valley played Kenton in the playoffs

Probably meant Kirkland.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

2quick2catch wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:57 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:07 pm

Probably meant Kirkland.
Yeah I did I was kinda distracted while posting

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ur right on scrimmages, they mean nothing and scores too. Scrimmages for good teams work on what plays they need to with 11 defenders to get better. It’s hard to work on those plays against ur jv team but against 11 starters from another team lets them work harder and to get it down before game 1 of the season. Ironton during lutz years only ran plays they needed to work on and never showed anything else. Like burg, Portsmouth etc. i believe Pendleton is doing the same. This is only my opinion. But any good teams do this as I’ve watched many scrimmages in the last 30 years. Hope it helped both teams as I will be watching couple game for both teams this season.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Then you haven’t watched Ironton thru the years!! Ironton for years has had big lines and Portsmouth too. Ironton and Portsmouth in the 90’s and early 2000’s had college size lines and tighten their chin straps for a lot of up front physical games. It all started up front with size and strength. Ole You’re Tiger Bait can tell ya!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:00 am
Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah agree , The talk all over the area has been ironton ironton ironton. All D1 backfield , top linebacker in the nation , ect . Teams are waiting for this huge challenge.
I heard the New England Patriots were wanting to scrimmage them too, but, backed out at the last minute fearing Brady might get hurt at his age playing against Ironton's stellar defense! Wow, even talking about the Tigers way up there in Foxborough! :shock:
bobby, you may want to read some of my posts over. I ain't once made these lofty claims.

You’re Tiger Bait is a true Tiger fan for years but one thing about him he will tell the truth if it for his Tigers or the other team they play! He gives credit where credit is do. He also has gave many players that played against his Tigers praise when they do great against his Fighting Tigers.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Is the ovc doing a preview this year

Return to “Football”