Scrimmage Results

toast
All State

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by toast »

mattash wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 pm Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.
Your kidding? Northwest that good or ZT down?
Northwest sophomore class should be very good if those kids are still at Northwest and still playing football. I remember them in 8th grade...undefeated and very good. The class behind them isn't too bad either.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

toast wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 pm
mattash wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:17 pm Northwest vs Zane Trace . In Varsity Northwest scored 3 times Zane Trace didn't score.
Your kidding? Northwest that good or ZT down?
Northwest sophomore class should be very good if those kids are still at Northwest and still playing football. I remember them in 8th grade...undefeated and very good. The class behind them isn't too bad either.
Yeah I believe with that sophomore class they have and the numbers within the freshman class, we may start to see a run of league titles for northwest coming up with Oak Hill having moved up to SOCII.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Scrimmage last night between River Valley and Symmes Valley.

I thought a good scrimmage for both teams. Impressed with RV defense, especially Cole Young hitting hard. Hess, Bowman and Hash with nice plays on defense as well.
Both teams moved the ball pretty well early, but stalled out at the end.
Good to just see live competition on the field.

I believe it was 2-1 Symmes Valley during the Varsity time.

Also very impressed with the JV for River Valley. Defense was hitting hard!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Went to the West vs Jackson scrimmage. They each had a 10 play series and they played 2 12 minute quarters of down and distance. Jackson won 6-0. Jackson scored on a long pass play. I think West started 2 or 3 freshman on defense.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Attended 1 hour of the Grandview Hts/Lucasville Valley scrimmage. This was Grandview Hts first time of field cause there 1st scrimmage with Worthington Christian was cancelled. Both teams had 3 10 series in the time I was there. Started the scrimmage with 3 punts by each team and then Grandview Hts kicked 2 extra points. If Grandview Hts and Lucasville Valley were to play game conditions I would give Grandview Hts the edge. Having read a little on Valley I know there are young team and you can see the foundation is there. This is Grandview Hts last push for a few years. Most of Grandview Hts key players are seniors and there is not much behind this senior class in terms of football talent. Grandview Hts had to show they can run the ball- not much was done in this scrimmage to show the running game is solid. Luke Lachey is by far the best player has but will challenged a lot during the season. He had probably 5 or 6 catches- mostly short catches. He did make a one hand catch in the end zone but was out of bounce. I saw Grandview Hts score 3 times and Valley scored 2 but one was called back by penalty.
Much like Valley-Grandview Hts plays a tough schedule playing schools that are much bigger. If Grandview Hts stays healthy and shows they can consistently run the ball a nice season could be had but my gut says 7-3 would be pushing it and more like 6-4 or 5-5 is probable.
Good luck to Valley during the season and their were more Valley Fans at the scrimmage than Grandview Hts.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Any news from NY/New Lex scrimmage?

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 pm Any news from NY/New Lex scrimmage?
I just don't understand it!! I haven't seen O&B say hardly anything about NY. In the past couple of years he was on here talking about some kind of payback tour and all sorts of nonsense. I am just assuming that NY must be struggling or something.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Shotgun red wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 pm
I just don't understand it!! I haven't seen O&B say hardly anything about NY. In the past couple of years he was on here talking about some kind of payback tour and all sorts of nonsense. I am just assuming that NY must be struggling or something.
Not to worried about the bucks struggling, once we get healthy and settled in, we will be fine. With that being said the first two weeks will be tough for sure

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East and South Gallia?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Shotgun red wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 pm

O&B is sort of busy with a couple of things and may not be on here as much. Doesn't have anything to do with NY being up or down. NY fans can probably figure it out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

bsee12345 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:58 pm Attended 1 hour of the Grandview Hts/Lucasville Valley scrimmage. This was Grandview Hts first time of field cause there 1st scrimmage with Worthington Christian was cancelled. Both teams had 3 10 series in the time I was there. Started the scrimmage with 3 punts by each team and then Grandview Hts kicked 2 extra points. If Grandview Hts and Lucasville Valley were to play game conditions I would give Grandview Hts the edge. Having read a little on Valley I know there are young team and you can see the foundation is there. This is Grandview Hts last push for a few years. Most of Grandview Hts key players are seniors and there is not much behind this senior class in terms of football talent. Grandview Hts had to show they can run the ball- not much was done in this scrimmage to show the running game is solid. Luke Lachey is by far the best player has but will challenged a lot during the season. He had probably 5 or 6 catches- mostly short catches. He did make a one hand catch in the end zone but was out of bounce. I saw Grandview Hts score 3 times and Valley scored 2 but one was called back by penalty.
Much like Valley-Grandview Hts plays a tough schedule playing schools that are much bigger. If Grandview Hts stays healthy and shows they can consistently run the ball a nice season could be had but my gut says 7-3 would be pushing it and more like 6-4 or 5-5 is probable.
Good luck to Valley during the season and their were more Valley Fans at the scrimmage than Grandview Hts.
Thanks for the info I was wondering how valley stacked up against them

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Burg at Chillicothe
7-1 burg

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

And Chillicothe’s lone score came from one play of at 60-70 yards out. Very impressed with the Pirates today.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I drove 45 minutes to Frankfort this evening to watch my boys take on Adena. This was a great one to watch, a D6 and a D7 coming off playoffs both for the ‘first time in a long time’ and certainly poised to return in their respective regions. Scrimmage was divided into three parts: one 10-play series for each team; five plays from the opponent’s 10-yard line; down and distance for the balance of the time.

10-play series
Fisher: 1 TD (play 3), Adena: 1 TD (play 7)

The visiting Irish made good use of their only 10-play try, scoring a 70-yarder from their fullback on a buck sweep. FC then had two runs of 15 and 9, a few bellies for 3-4 yards with one pick thrown on the sideline.

The host Warriors were bodied up on their first two plays between the tackles, until Adena’s QB found a Warrior receiver on the sideline - who successfully won the jam and One-on-One fight for the catch - concerting a hitch good for 19 yards. A couple plays later, including a fake Jet zone good for 17 yards and another first down (sorry, was distracted!), Adena QB took it to the house from 30-something out, untouched. [a few underclassmen FC kids on the play that were rotated in quip to their coaches “we can’t tackle him?”, to whit they were met with “Don’t matter, you weren’t where you should’ve been!” from both their coaches and seniors — we love to see that!]

10 to goal, five plays
Adena 3-2
Not a whole lot to write about. FC scored on the second play, a belly from their FB from eight yards out (took a few dudes with him) and on the fifth play, a trap from their RB3 from the three yard line.

Adena scored on the first play, a fade in the end-zone (simple height advantage plus a good pass and battle won the wide receiver), on the third play (a dive by the halfback from four yards out) and on the fifth play from six yards on a QB pitch.

Down and distance

No scores.

FC messed up their first D&D with a flag for clipping (??)on 1st down, so they didn’t try to overcome the 1st and 25 and just ate the rest of the series on rotations. Adena’s turn from their own 25 saw them gradually get to the FC 39, at which point FC picked them off on a pass batted at the line. The rest of the scrimmage (two series each) was basically first down the turnover on downs for each (2’s were already in by then), only thing of note was FC recovering an Adena fumble caused by a sack.

Great, clean scrimmage to watch between two good teams to keep your eyes on as the season progresses. Good luck to the Warriors in their quest for an SVC crown!

Andrea
Waterboy

Post by Andrea »

X
Last edited by Andrea on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:40 pm Burg at Chillicothe
7-1 burg
That's big right there....I was thinking Chillicothe would be one of the best in SEO 2019

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:14 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:40 pm Burg at Chillicothe
7-1 burg
That's big right there....I was thinking Chillicothe would be one of the best in SEO 2019
Speed and physicality was obvious

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Irontons O line did a solid job getting to the 2nd level on their blocking assignments. Big push up front.

Andrea
Waterboy

Post by Andrea »

X

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

River Valley and Point Pleasant scrimmaged on Monday night.

Good live action for both teams.

Good opportunity to line up against a very good opponent for the Raiders.

I believe it was 2-2.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!

Return to “Football”