Fight songs

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Fight songs

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:59 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:24 pm ?? Sorry Raider. Maybe in a half time show you might hear The Marching Chiefs doing a bundle of different College bands, but never backing the football team with them. Entering the field/scoring you will only hear our fight song, or the Chiefs on the war path song, which is also a unique one of a kind song.
I guess I was wrong, Logan uses Michigan’s. Even worse. Jackson uses Ohio State
Some good stirring :lol: but you are wrong again. :lol: But I'll talk to the band director and see if we can play both college songs for ya this year in the Plains. :lol: JK. :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

You use the last third of Michigan’s fight song. Your alma mater is what was wrote for your school

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:32 pm You use the last third of Michigan’s fight song. Your alma mater is what was wrote for your school
What are we drinking down there in the plains today? :lol: Sounds like some good Appalachian moonshine. :lol:

LHS Alma Mater

Hail, Logan High School!
High on the Hill,
Thy aims, thy purpose,
Higher, higher still.
To Thee with grateful hearts
Proudly we sing.
To you our loyalty
And love we bring. Hail Logan High School!
To learning you guide;
You help us on our way,
Oh, long abide
Long may you live and grow.
We'll love you still
When we have left you,
Old School on the hill

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Here's the main bridg of the Michigan fight song lyrics, Raider. Logan's is no where close to that. Even the music is way different. Besides, the big percentage of people here in Logan wouldn't want to hear any Michigan related sheet music out at the river basin on Friday nights. :lol: Can I have some of that Appy moonshine. :lol: Must be good stuff. :lol:

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
The champions of the West!

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:18 pm
cbolt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:56 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:18 pm We have our own as well.
Logan High Fight Song.

Cheer, the White and Purple
Hail, Logan High!
We have the courage,
Smashing through we
FIGHT!
FIGHT!
FIGHT!
Win the game for Logan,
Never give in!
Never surrender team for
WE SHALL WIN!
Xenia has a fight song that is very similar to Logan believe it or not. My sister told me this when she heard it. She thought it was the very same thing but I listen to it and it's totally different from how Logan does it when it starts but you can hear the simliarities half way through to the end. Also Sheridan's fight song is kind of like Western State when they are forming the L. At least no colleges have these as far as I know
There's a bridge part in it that's a little similar, but no where near the same. :lol: Wish I could talk to retired Jeff North. :lol: I just aint hearing it. :lol: Have you got the words to Xenia's fight song, Bolt. Like to see/read it. :lol:

Xenia band fight song.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Xe ... &FORM=VIRE
My sister was in the Logan Band and she can hear it. It totally different at the beginning but not halfway through where it is pretty much the same to the end. Can't find the words anywhere but found where some players sing a little after a game. They say for we/she shall win at the end pretty much like like Logan does. Hard to tell if they say she or we but it pretty much the same verse no matter what they say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19q2K2VlrYM

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:13 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:18 pm
cbolt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:56 am
Xenia has a fight song that is very similar to Logan believe it or not. My sister told me this when she heard it. She thought it was the very same thing but I listen to it and it's totally different from how Logan does it when it starts but you can hear the simliarities half way through to the end. Also Sheridan's fight song is kind of like Western State when they are forming the L. At least no colleges have these as far as I know
There's a bridge part in it that's a little similar, but no where near the same. :lol: Wish I could talk to retired Jeff North. :lol: I just aint hearing it. :lol: Have you got the words to Xenia's fight song, Bolt. Like to see/read it. :lol:

Xenia band fight song.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Xe ... &FORM=VIRE
My sister was in the Logan Band and she can hear it. It totally different at the beginning but not halfway through where it is pretty much the same to the end. Can't find the words anywhere but found where some players sing a little after a game. They say for we shall win at the end just like Logan does.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19q2K2VlrYM
I can also hear a part something similar but it's different. The beat and the horns round off more in the part we are talking about. I see what she's hearing though. Going to let JS hear it. Logan has the more solid punchy sound imo. Miss the Horsky days. Man you talk about solid percussion when he was director. Flawless.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

As Trojan Dave previously stated, Portsmouth’s is from Iowa. Something similar anyways. “On Portsmouth on forever more, on Portsmouth proudly at the fore, every loyal son will raise a rousing toast to you, every loyal daughter loves you too, rah rah rah, on Portsmouth you will ever stand, the very best to us in all the land, we’ll be true to red and blue, our love will never die, and forever sing the praise of Portsmouth High, Portsmouth High, Portsmouth High.”

Who Dey!
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East's is stand up and cheer same as Ohio University, believe oak hills is as well

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logan always had a big solid rock-un sounding band with big numbers. I know this is a band topic, but sometimes I wish it would switch around and the football team would have bigger numbers for a Div 2. Bunch of big ole boys with decent talent don't even play.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Rock Hill Has It’s Own And Was Written By It’s First Ever Band Director: Rock Hill Redmen Were Proud Of You, We Will Pledge Our Loyal To You, Win Us This Game And We’ll Lead You To Fame, We’ll Always Have A Mighty Cher,
Rah, Rah, Rah Rock Hill Redmen Stand Up And Fight, A Victory For Our Red And Our White, Stand Right On Through And We’ll Always Be True To The Redmen Of Rock Hill High

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:02 pm Logan always had a big solid rock-un sounding band with big numbers. I know this is a band topic, but sometimes I wish it would switch around and the football team would have bigger numbers for a Div 2. Bunch of big ole boys with decent talent don't even play.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree, but bands are what make college and high school better than pro ball imo. The players also don't get paid ungodly amounts of money, but yea I would take a big team over big band esp. in this day and age of low participation.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:02 pm Logan always had a big solid rock-un sounding band with big numbers. I know this is a band topic, but sometimes I wish it would switch around and the football team would have bigger numbers for a Div 2. Bunch of big ole boys with decent talent don't even play.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree, but bands are what make college and high school better than pro ball imo. The players also don't get paid ungodly amounts of money, but yea I would take a big team over big band esp. in this day and age of low participation.
Agree on all of that as well, Bolt. Logan needs some way of getting more young men out for football, and give that big band something good to play about on Friday nights. :lol: :lol: Not many touchdown celebrations songs with the band fired up here lately. :lol: :lol: They sound superb,solid and loud, on field entrance, the block L, half time shows, and hear them coming from blocks away in city parades though. :shock:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Oh Jackson high,
for you we die,
you'll win the game we have no fear,
the red and white,
how they can fight,
for you we give a rousing cheer, go red!
(Hit them all??),
and see them fall,
for you will all give a fighting cry,
we'll stick together ,
and fight forever,
for dear old Jackson high...

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

BeatOfTheSEOhio
Waterboy

Post by BeatOfTheSEOhio »

Logan Elm (Not sure if the music is a copy of any other school):

Fight for Logan Elm,
Fight to win with all your might.
Go Braves! Fight with courage for that ol' Red and White.
Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah!
Alma Mater flame,
Fight to keep it burning bright.
So cheer those Braves,
On with honor,
Victory for L. E. High! Fight!

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Rock Hill Has It’s Own

Kurgan74