SVC 2019

The Tankster
Waterboy

Re: SVC 2019

Post by The Tankster »

hbk1999 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm Safe to assume the U people are as sick of Lavar Ball's antics already as the Piketon people were for many years?
I think "the U people" just want to win. Little helps us do that, so no, we're not worried about any antics.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:49 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 pm you don’t hear a lot about Adena because there aren’t many Adena posters here but that’s a good football team. They have a nice line an athletic qb. Be foolish to take them lightly. They were right there in the mix last year
I was impressed with the Adena QB’s mobility and mechanics. Their O-line was big and athletic, but Adena didn’t bowl us over when it came to their runs in between the tackles (probably not an indictment of their big uglies... we have a good linebackers corps.) I didn’t think the defensive line was too impressive (although our O-Line may be that good in run protection), but the Warrior linebackers did a good job of shooting the gaps when they opened up. They also had a running back, when it was time for the 2’s to get reps on both sides, that was a load to bring down. All in all, a very fundamentally sound team with some size, skill and good coaching. You can tell this was a playoff team last year, and I think they can make it again this year and maybe win in week 11. Can’t say for certain if they will beat PV or Unioto, and I’m sure their game versus Southeastern (saw Ruby at a 7on7, kid is unreal!) will be a four-quarter war, but that’s a good team I saw today. Top part of the SVC will be nasty — enjoy, fans!
Adena looks like they're going to be a balanced team this year. Bennett on the outside is a nice size advantage, @ 6'5" he won some battles with his size. On the other side, Carson Long is going to have a nice speed advantage 90% of the time, and made a couple nice grabs. Sykes looks much improved as a passer. He throws a nice ball on the move. Sykes, Throckmorton, and Metzger should provide a nice running game. Offensively, this team should put up a lot of points.

Defensively, they have some work to do. They struggled to set the edge several times, allowing big plays for Fisher. They also didn't hold up real well in the middle, with Fisher getting good yardage between the tackles. Pressure on the passing plays were pretty good, and with Sykes roaming around, their pass defense should be fine.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

The Tankster wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm Safe to assume the U people are as sick of Lavar Ball's antics already as the Piketon people were for many years?
I think "the U people" just want to win. Little helps us do that, so no, we're not worried about any antics.
Remember this post, the day will come when you have changed your mind! You have no idea the amount of crazy headed your way!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Any Saturday jamboree games?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:41 pm Any Saturday jamboree games?
Were you at the unioto Circleville Jamboree game? If so how’d we look?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

mlittle wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Still no ice man, the freshman had an off night in the pass game but we ran all over them. Jmar eco and scaggs all scored on long runs. We had a mishap on defense and they hit us for a long pass to set up there score we held them on three plays at the one then they scored on 4th and goal. Varsity was 28-6. Played 2 quarters and one series in the third. Final was 34-14 I believe. Circleville will struggle this year. Looked like we kept things really basic and it is hard to judge too much till we get ice man back. Did see continue county and Logan elm was 14-13 in varsity. I feel pretty good bout week one but 2 and 3 are going to be very tough.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Still no ice man, the freshman had an off night in the pass game but we ran all over them. Jmar eco and scaggs all scored on long runs. We had a mishap on defense and they hit us for a long pass to set up there score we held them on three plays at the one then they scored on 4th and goal. Varsity was 28-6. Played 2 quarters and one series in the third. Final was 34-14 I believe. Circleville will struggle this year. Looked like we kept things really basic and it is hard to judge too much till we get ice man back. Did see continue county and Logan elm was 14-13 in varsity. I feel pretty good bout week one but 2 and 3 are going to be very tough.
Thanks for the update! Sounds like we are right on pace. Gonna be difficult for any defense to handle that running attack. Any of 4 guys can break one off at any time, and a dominant O-line. Hopefully the Ice man will be ready to go week 1 against VC. He’s been bouncing off the walls at the house.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Anyone doing a pickem for svc games?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 pm Anyone doing a pickem for svc games?
I haven’t seen one

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Post by Westfallmustang »

Ruby is tearing it up. Good for him, I have heard he works so hard. I’ll get to see him week 4 at Westfall, hopefully the Stangs pull it out. Still I wanna see him in action.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Season 2 starts now. I feel like the svc represented well in the non conference games. Seems pretty balance probably the best I’ve seen in years. Usually most teams seem to be evenly matched and makes for exciting games. This year however I feel that the quality of players and teams will lead to not only close games but high quality games. Paint valley has to be the early favorite but adena and the tanks are coming off some great wins and southeastern looks to be unstoppable. Going to be a great race.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

It is a 4 team race for sure, the winner of Adena/PV this Friday will have to be feeling pretty good. Unioto's confidence got a big boost from its big win in Waverly.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

My guess is paint valley wins comfortably. Not a blowout but not any doubt either 10-14 points.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Biggest matchup in the svc this week is Piketon @ Unioto

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 am Biggest matchup in the svc this week is Piketon @ Unioto
Always a very tuff game for us

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 am Biggest matchup in the svc this week is Piketon @ Unioto
Maybe for Unioto because it's their next game and that's how you should look at it. However, Adena and PV is far and away the best matchup of the week for SVC play there's a ton on the line for week 1 play in the SVC for this game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:55 pm
Maybe for Unioto because it's their next game and that's how you should look at it. However, Adena and PV is far and away the best matchup of the week for SVC play there's a ton on the line for week 1 play in the SVC for this game.
The PV and Adena game will be an afterthought compared to the magnitude of the Piketon unioto matchup

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:27 pm
The PV and Adena game will be an afterthought compared to the magnitude of the Piketon unioto matchup
LOL, y..e..a..h. Sounds like you're putting piketon on upset alert ;)

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:35 pm
mlittle wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:27 pm

LOL, y..e..a..h. Sounds like you're putting piketon on upset alert ;)
Really torn on who to pull for in that one. Gonna be an agonizing week

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

It’s fine you took your kid to the U, and it’s fine that you hate Coach Gullion. But don’t be a jerk and make light of the kids that play for Piketon. Those were your son’s friends at one time. You have a lot of growing up to do.

Return to “Football”