SVC 2019

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: SVC 2019

Post by Rolltanks »

Big Bob wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:36 pm Hope your right bought the tanks we have been the best team the last 2 years imo and couldn’t get it done
Well, without the injury to Carroll you guys beat PV last year and win the league. He’s back with the addition of Little and they are a very senior heavy team. (I think 19-20 seniors). I think they get it done this year if they can stay injury free in their key positions. But like I said I feel any of the top 4 could take it. Very likely you’ll see a shared title or another 2 to 3 way tie for 2nd.
I doubt if they’re counting too much on Little helping them.
Sounds like a troll but I’ll answer honestly. The tanks will be counting on Isaac the ice man little a great deal this season. Not only has he proven he can scramble and hurt you with the run, but he has been very good throwing the football. I see him having huge numbers this season.

Big Bob
Waterboy

Post by Big Bob »

The ice man, huh? Playing quarterback? I thought last years starter was an underclassman? Well, Daddy won’t have anything to cry about if he has the ball in his hands every play. But, I stand by my original point.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm
Big Bob wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:25 pm

Well, without the injury to Carroll you guys beat PV last year and win the league. He’s back with the addition of Little and they are a very senior heavy team. (I think 19-20 seniors). I think they get it done this year if they can stay injury free in their key positions. But like I said I feel any of the top 4 could take it. Very likely you’ll see a shared title or another 2 to 3 way tie for 2nd.
I doubt if they’re counting too much on Little helping them.
Sounds like a troll but I’ll answer honestly. The tanks will be counting on Isaac the ice man little a great deal this season. Not only has he proven he can scramble and hurt you with the run, but he has been very good throwing the football. I see him having huge numbers this season.
Your original post won’t age well

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Safe to assume the U people are as sick of Lavar Ball's antics already as the Piketon people were for many years?

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Carrol is the best athlete in the SVC and I don’t think it’s cloSe. The kid is a beast at RB. If he stays healthy I can see the Tanks running the table.
I will never pick against Pete though. I’ll guess PV 9-1 and Unioto 9-1 with PV taking head to head to win league.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm Safe to assume the U people are as sick of Lavar Ball's antics already as the Piketon people were for many years?
You may be on to something. My unioto house gets egged once a week and I just don’t get it.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 pm Carrol is the best athlete in the SVC and I don’t think it’s cloSe. The kid is a beast at RB. If he stays healthy I can see the Tanks running the table.
I will never pick against Pete though. I’ll guess PV 9-1 and Unioto 9-1 with PV taking head to head to win league.
I would think both teams would be very happy starting 3-0. Unioto non conference is a bear if they can win all 3 I don’t see them losing a game in the svc and the same could be said of pv. I don’t know if either team can get through the non conference unscathed.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 pm Carrol is the best athlete in the SVC and I don’t think it’s cloSe. The kid is a beast at RB. If he stays healthy I can see the Tanks running the table.
I'm taking Ruby as the best athlete in the SVC, and it's not really close.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I think it will be a 4 team race -Unioto, PV, SE, and Adena- with it ultimately coming down to PV and Unioto for the SVC crown. Carroll is pretty much the offense for Unioto until proven otherwise, with the PV offense being more diverse.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:30 am
I'm taking Ruby as the best athlete in the SVC, and it's not really close.
I’m not betting against either kid

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:18 am I think it will be a 4 team race -Unioto, PV, SE, and Adena- with it ultimately coming down to PV and Unioto for the SVC crown. Carroll is pretty much the offense for Unioto until proven otherwise, with the PV offense being more diverse.
Agreed

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Unioto’s threat to pass this year should also loosen up that run game and clear things up a bit for Carrol, Skaggs, and Little. It will be a battle at the top and hopefully we’ll be right there and give ourselves a chance.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

mlittle wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:01 am Unioto’s threat to pass this year should also loosen up that run game and clear things up a bit for Carrol, Skaggs, and Little. It will be a battle at the top and hopefully we’ll be right there and give ourselves a chance.
Unioto was a 90% run team last year...and were still really effective. With the addition of Little (he was QB in the 1st scrimmage) the offense now can add a passing attack. This DEFINITELY will open up the offense. I did not see last years QB on the field...not playing this year?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

BullTank wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am
mlittle wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:01 am Unioto’s threat to pass this year should also loosen up that run game and clear things up a bit for Carrol, Skaggs, and Little. It will be a battle at the top and hopefully we’ll be right there and give ourselves a chance.
Unioto was a 90% run team last year...and were still really effective. With the addition of Little (he was QB in the 1st scrimmage) the offense now can add a passing attack. This DEFINITELY will open up the offense. I did not see last years QB on the field...not playing this year?
His dad took a job in Columbus and they moved north, I believe.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

you don’t hear a lot about Adena because there aren’t many Adena posters here but that’s a good football team. They have a nice line an athletic qb. Be foolish to take them lightly. They were right there in the mix last year

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

The league is Paint Valley’s to lose.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mlittle wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 pm you don’t hear a lot about Adena because there aren’t many Adena posters here but that’s a good football team. They have a nice line an athletic qb. Be foolish to take them lightly. They were right there in the mix last year
Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing them at 5pm today.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Tanks vs Logan elm varsity 4-1. Ice man didn’t play the jv qb looked very good today. Jmar had several long runs line played well on both sides. Logan elm scored on a bubble pass few missed tackles and they had a fast receiver take it to the house. Overall good showing for Unioto.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:20 pm Tanks vs Logan elm varsity 4-1. Ice man didn’t play the jv qb looked very good today. Jmar had several long runs line played well on both sides. Logan elm scored on a bubble pass few missed tackles and they had a fast receiver take it to the house. Overall good showing for Unioto.
Yep. Missed this one today. Sounds like jmar and the line showed out, and it was a great team showing. Hopefully Magic Ike will be back soon.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mlittle wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 pm you don’t hear a lot about Adena because there aren’t many Adena posters here but that’s a good football team. They have a nice line an athletic qb. Be foolish to take them lightly. They were right there in the mix last year
I was impressed with the Adena QB’s mobility and mechanics. Their O-line was big and athletic, but Adena didn’t bowl us over when it came to their runs in between the tackles (probably not an indictment of their big uglies... we have a good linebackers corps.) I didn’t think the defensive line was too impressive (although our O-Line may be that good in run protection), but the Warrior linebackers did a good job of shooting the gaps when they opened up. They also had a running back, when it was time for the 2’s to get reps on both sides, that was a load to bring down. All in all, a very fundamentally sound team with some size, skill and good coaching. You can tell this was a playoff team last year, and I think they can make it again this year and maybe win in week 11. Can’t say for certain if they will beat PV or Unioto, and I’m sure their game versus Southeastern (saw Ruby at a 7on7, kid is unreal!) will be a four-quarter war, but that’s a good team I saw today. Top part of the SVC will be nasty — enjoy, fans!

Return to “Football”