Soc 1 preseason predictions

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Soc 1 preseason predictions

Post by Crab's Brother »

With Oak Hill moving up, Northwest should go on a run in this league. The facilities and numbers will dwarf the rest of the conference. Within a few years there will be a clamoring to move them back to SOC II.

It doesn't look like football is going to go at Western, so things will get interesting.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Western plays Peebles Aug 17th

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:19 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm
SouthernSports wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:04 pm
In response to Northwest having 60 kids out.... it's time for this to end!

SOC I
Northwest Boys Enrollment: 174 (AA)
East Boys Enrollment: 50 (A)
Symmes Valley Boys Enrollment: 105 (A)
Green Boys Enrollment: 78 (A)
Eastern Boys Enrollment: 113 (A)
Notre Dame Boys Enrollment: 31 (A)
I believe Northwest has 57 on the roster. 6 seniors,7 juniors and 44 freshmen and sophomores.
Yeah and I believe they have larger groups coming up behind that as well to add to the numbers. Add in the new facilities and it will draw more players out to play as well.
The jr high numbers are down a little bit. 17 in the 8th 15 in 7th all the other classes I believe have over 20.

Eagle4life
Waterboy

Post by Eagle4life »

Word around Beaver is Sophomore QB Wyatt Hines could have a break out year for the Eagles after a solid freshman season. It appears Eastern has good athletes playing just not a lot of size on the line. Jr Wide receiver Logan Clemmons should have a great year as well and will anchor the Eagles defense. The kid has a nose for the football.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

East has 23 players and a lot of youth, including a freshman QB. Chase Coyle and Braiden Haney will be counted on heavily for leadership. Green should be solid again. I agree with the sentiment about Northwest and Eastern Pike. Don't know much about Symmes Valley other than remembering that Rusty Webb's clubs are always competitive. Notre Dame will have to rely on Emnett running the ball and some of those juniors and seniors who played a lot as freshmen and sophomores. They will miss Nichols - was very disappointed to hear of his injury.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:26 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm

I believe Northwest has 57 on the roster. 6 seniors,7 juniors and 44 freshmen and sophomores.
Yeah and I believe they have larger groups coming up behind that as well to add to the numbers. Add in the new facilities and it will draw more players out to play as well.
The jr high numbers are down a little bit. 17 in the 8th 15 in 7th all the other classes I believe have over 20.
Strange to hear how you say the numbers are down but they have an 8th grade team comprised of 17 kids, which almost makes up an entire varsity roster of some of these other schools. Put to the 2 together and the Junior high team made up of 32 7/8 grade kids is larger than all the other schools within that conference and they have 9-12 out there. Looks like good things could be coming Northwest way but I believe we're closing in on a time to move back up, haven't been out that way for awhile and haven't heard anyone say anything but how are the new facilities coming along for Northwest?? Everything complete and ready for football season??

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:26 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:26 am

Strange to hear how you say the numbers are down but they have an 8th grade team comprised of 17 kids, which almost makes up an entire varsity roster of some of these other schools. Put to the 2 together and the Junior high team made up of 32 7/8 grade kids is larger than all the other schools within that conference and they have 9-12 out there. Looks like good things could be coming Northwest way but I believe we're closing in on a time to move back up, haven't been out that way for awhile and haven't heard anyone say anything but how are the new facilities coming along for Northwest?? Everything complete and ready for football season??
Compared to the last few years the jr high numbers are down.
The new facilities are behind schedule. I believe our first home game with Greenfield McClain has been changed to a away game. I not for sure when everything will be done but it is going to be really nice when completed.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Interesting to hear Northwest’s name mentioned as a favorite in the league. Their football program struggled for years in the SOC-II. Good to hear they solid numbers.

A lot of the SOC-I schools struggle with numbers. ND numbers are a direct result of a small enrollment. I believe two years ago Green couldn’t play game #10 because of small numbers and injuries. I also heard Eastern’s numbers are low this year.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Northwest I believe won the league in their first attempt in the SOC 1 correct?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

2quick2catch wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:16 pm Northwest I believe won the league in their first attempt in the SOC 1 correct?
Yeah I believe they did.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:58 pm Interesting to hear Northwest’s name mentioned as a favorite in the league. Their football program struggled for years in the SOC-II. Good to hear they solid numbers.

A lot of the SOC-I schools struggle with numbers. ND numbers are a direct result of a small enrollment. I believe two years ago Green couldn’t play game #10 because of small numbers and injuries. I also heard Eastern’s numbers are low this year.
You are correct, Green was unable to play week 10 because of so many injuries but still only had about 17 boys or something like that on the team. I think since Gifford has left East numbers continue to go down from year to year. Eastern typically is around the 20-25 mark, ND year or 2 ago was around that 18-20 I believe and I'm hearing they have extremely low numbers for junior high this year, Northwest is such a large school having the numbers isn't a problem it's putting it all together. Symmes Valley I think year in and year out you can count on them between that 25-35 mark.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SouthernSports wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:04 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:43 pm I know one of Green's main linemen is out for year due to injury...not sure about others not playing. Shame for ND that Nichols is hurt but could still see them having a winning season. Haven't heard much about Eastern, East or Symmes Valley. Regardless, if Northwest has 60 kids out, they should dominate this league for the foreseeable future.

What's numbers looking like for everyone? Northwest apparently has 60 players and Notre Dame has 25 players according to PDT. How's everyone else's numbers?*
In response to Northwest having 60 kids out.... it's time for this to end!

SOC I
Northwest Boys Enrollment: 174 (AA)
East Boys Enrollment: 50 (A)
Symmes Valley Boys Enrollment: 105 (A)
Green Boys Enrollment: 78 (A)
Eastern Boys Enrollment: 113 (A)
Notre Dame Boys Enrollment: 31 (A)
I’ve said along they have no business in soc 1. They need to be put back in 2.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:38 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:35 pm With Oak Hill moving up SOC1 is probably wide open for a number of teams to take home the title. I'm not sure how much Green lost if they're mostly intact have to think of them as the front runner by a small margin. I think Symmes Valley was young last year, as well as Northwest starting 2-3 freshman on offense at QB and a really nice RB was just a freshman as well. Notre Dame is a team that I believe got better as the year went on but was a young team. East struggled last year and lost one of their top skilled players in Flannery, and Eastern graduated quite a few key players. Honestly for me I think it's a real toss-up at this point, Green made amazing strides but I'm not sure what they lost and what they return. Northwest with the new facilities all of those young players getting to play as much as they did it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to take SOC1 this year.
Northwest could be a possibility. Only time will tell.
They will still be young at several positions. The numbers are looking good should have close to 60 on the roster.
The weight room has been packed this spring and summer. They will definitely be physically and mentally stronger this season.
With all the upgrades to the facility and the time the kids are putting in, there is excitement around the program for the first time in awhile.
Going to be honest, with the new facility and if they're sporting a 60 man roster that has young talent coming up through the system I believe they need to move up or out in the league. I've always said if they can show improvement it would be time for the move. I mean 60 man roster is the equivalent of 3 other SOC1 teams combined.
A new facility doesn’t mean they will have success. How many successful seasons has portsmouth had since getting their new stadium

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:38 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:38 am

Northwest could be a possibility. Only time will tell.
They will still be young at several positions. The numbers are looking good should have close to 60 on the roster.
The weight room has been packed this spring and summer. They will definitely be physically and mentally stronger this season.
With all the upgrades to the facility and the time the kids are putting in, there is excitement around the program for the first time in awhile.
Going to be honest, with the new facility and if they're sporting a 60 man roster that has young talent coming up through the system I believe they need to move up or out in the league. I've always said if they can show improvement it would be time for the move. I mean 60 man roster is the equivalent of 3 other SOC1 teams combined.
A new facility doesn’t mean they will have success. How many successful seasons has portsmouth had since getting their new stadium
Where was it said that a new facility means a more successful program?? You're quoting me talking about a new facility and having 60 boys on a roster comparing them to the rest of the SOC1 teams. Nowhere along those lines did I say they would be successful, I said if they can show improvement it'll be time for them to relocate leagues. Not sure where you came up with that, I mean if anyone actually thought new facilities equaled more wins everyone would be building them.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I was told today that Green is down too 14 players, a lot of kids have quit.
It will be hard to play a season with 14 kids, I think they should give it up.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Does anybody know why these kids are quitting? Their program seemed to be heading in the right direction last year.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I really hope that’s not true with Green.

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Symmes Valley has a little over 30. I don’t think the juniors or seniors has had many wins though.

Michael Scott
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

A grandparent of one of the Green players, told me they had 14 kids.
It seem they don't want to put the work in that's needed.
Give credit too the kids that still are working to get ready
for the season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Green only having 14 kids out makes no sense with the success they had last year and the players that should've been returning this year. Some of the names of players not playing I heard a few weeks ago probably led to some other kids saying to heck with it. They might be able to start season with 14, but gonna be real tough to finish the season. ND did it a few years ago with like 16 kids, but barely finished the season if I recall correctly. Sad thing for Green is there not much help numbers-wise coming from junior high either from what I hear.*

Return to “Football”