Soc 1 preseason predictions

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Soc 1 preseason predictions

Post by Ironman92 »

Playing D3 does go both ways. There are some really strong and talented athletes playing in D3 athletic programs....and there are also several pay to play types as mentioned that aren’t nearly good enough but hey are there.

No reason to assume those playing are the latter though. Playing sports in college doesn’t mean what it used to but it’s still can be as significant as it used to. Good for them all for making it that far. Have fun, get your degree.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

mattash wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm If northwest who would be the soc1s 6th team? Try to get south gallia in?
That would be a good one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 pm If northwest who would be the soc1s 6th team? Try to get south gallia in?
That wouldn't be a bad addition, drive would suck though mostly 2 lane roads I believe. Also don't forget that Western is trying to build a team and be added into the mix.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:28 pm
That wouldn't be a bad addition, drive would suck though mostly 2 lane roads I believe. Also don't forget that Western is trying to build a team and be added into the mix.
Western dropped their highschool program this season. But it sounds like they may be able to make another run at it next year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Watson45 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:07 pm
Western dropped their highschool program this season. But it sounds like they may be able to make another run at it next year.
Oh wow, they just started it up and have already dropped it?? That's not good, hate to hear that for the kids who were planning on playing and have already been working toward that goal.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Coach Tomlison wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:26 pm Lmao, I love reading this thread and respect everyone's OPINIONS. I rarely post on here unless it's to defend our program. 2 of our players last year that went D3 had several D2 offers but not every D2 offers the curriculum needed. So one went to Marietta for an amazing Petroleum Engineering program the other Wilmington for a very good Exercise Science program considering they intern with professional teams. Kudos to them for putting academics 1st. Another on a full ride to Umass prolly should be sitting at Iowa St but our 1st time dealing with a D1 recruit and let him drag the process on to long. Lesson learned. Yes a 3rd went to Waynesburg just for the love of the game. 2nd, we start 3 freshman, 3 soph, 2 juniors playing football for first time ever so no excuses but same small school issues as anyone it runs in cycles. Jr high program 2-0 and 5th/6th in very good shape first year since we started the program we have had very good coaches at every level. 3rd, we could have easily opened up with some club teams or teams that traditionally struggle but I've always been taught to be the best you gotta beat the best. Don't see many new programs playing playoff teams first 2 out of 3 games but we do and will continue to do so until one day we reach that level. I have thick skin so feel free to tear me apart. I don't hide behind screen names, and easy to find and too big to run so if you have a personal issue with me feel free to hit me up but no need for continued comments about our kids or staff. We absolutely love the direction of our program and have zero issues from within. I hate being .500 last couple years more than anyone. I honestly think we have had playoff caliber teams last couple years had we scheduled a couple early cupcakes but who knows. I do know this is our 5th year and we are very darn close to being where we want to be. Thanks to those who support and those that don't we love the added fuel 👊
I can appreciate you getting on here and giving us some insight to the program you're trying to build up. I'm sure it is hard to do from scratch as I see someone posting that Western is already out on football. However, let's not forget the playoffs are where you prove just how good you really are. Good Luck to you and your program going forward.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:29 pm
Coach Tomlison wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:26 pm Lmao, I love reading this thread and respect everyone's OPINIONS. I rarely post on here unless it's to defend our program. 2 of our players last year that went D3 had several D2 offers but not every D2 offers the curriculum needed. So one went to Marietta for an amazing Petroleum Engineering program the other Wilmington for a very good Exercise Science program considering they intern with professional teams. Kudos to them for putting academics 1st. Another on a full ride to Umass prolly should be sitting at Iowa St but our 1st time dealing with a D1 recruit and let him drag the process on to long. Lesson learned. Yes a 3rd went to Waynesburg just for the love of the game. 2nd, we start 3 freshman, 3 soph, 2 juniors playing football for first time ever so no excuses but same small school issues as anyone it runs in cycles. Jr high program 2-0 and 5th/6th in very good shape first year since we started the program we have had very good coaches at every level. 3rd, we could have easily opened up with some club teams or teams that traditionally struggle but I've always been taught to be the best you gotta beat the best. Don't see many new programs playing playoff teams first 2 out of 3 games but we do and will continue to do so until one day we reach that level. I have thick skin so feel free to tear me apart. I don't hide behind screen names, and easy to find and too big to run so if you have a personal issue with me feel free to hit me up but no need for continued comments about our kids or staff. We absolutely love the direction of our program and have zero issues from within. I hate being .500 last couple years more than anyone. I honestly think we have had playoff caliber teams last couple years had we scheduled a couple early cupcakes but who knows. I do know this is our 5th year and we are very darn close to being where we want to be. Thanks to those who support and those that don't we love the added fuel 👊
I can appreciate you getting on here and giving us some insight to the program you're trying to build up. I'm sure it is hard to do from scratch as I see someone posting that Western is already out on football. However, let's not forget the playoffs are where you prove just how good you really are. Good Luck to you and your program going forward.
You're right. I am just glad he got on here and cleared up the "coaching issues" we were hearing about. That's the only draw back to anonymous posting. People talk about stuff they really know nothing about or would never say to the persons face, that they are referring to. But I guess if the forum was personally identifying then you would only have about 1/3 of the participation. Everyone is confident behind anonymity haha.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 pm
Watson45 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:07 pm

Oh wow, they just started it up and have already dropped it?? That's not good, hate to hear that for the kids who were planning on playing and have already been working toward that goal.
Yea. Hate to hear it also. I got my info from a teacher there. The way it was explained was that their numbers were low anyway. I would guess the addition of soccer may have helped with that. But not 100% on that issue. I am under the assumption that maybe someone was mistaking eastern for western in the passing of info when they discussed coaching issues on this thread. But my info is probably 5th hand so no need to discuss it. I just hope those kids that put in work get to see it pay off one day. Sounds like their jr high team has some numbers. I know they have invested a good amount of money into the program. So I also hope western gets to turn revenue with it. They had every reason to believe this was a good investment after seeing what coach Tomlinson did at eastern. It took some faith to build a football program at a traditionally basketball school. And the support for football seems to grow every year at eastern. I think they could do the same at western with someone who has the passion and drive that ST has at eastern.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

No .... there was no mistaken Eastern for Western on this thread. That information came from people involved with the program.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Why can't Clay get a football program going. Aren't they bigger than most the SOC1 schools?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:02 am Why can't Clay get a football program going. Aren't they bigger than most the SOC1 schools?
Clay is a soccer school, I believe at one point they had it but have heard a couple reasons as to why it was dropped.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 am No .... there was no mistaken Eastern for Western on this thread. That information came from people involved with the program.
Well share. You got coachs ear. Tell him what his inner coaching issues are that he doesnt seem to know about.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

LMAO!! If people really think there are no issues then they are blind to the situation. Maybe they needs to talk to people around the program. Watson .... those issues are none of your business unless you associated with him. Now that Coach posts on SEOP he knows how to PM me. If he wants to know what I hear .... he can handle it!

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:55 pm LMAO!! If people really think there are no issues then they are blind to the situation. Maybe they needs to talk to people around the program. Watson .... those issues are none of your business unless you associated with him. Now that Coach posts on SEOP he knows how to PM me. If he wants to know what I hear .... he can handle it!
Haha. None of my business? You threw it up here making it everyone's business. Your 2nd hand info that the coach just rebutted but you're doubling down on. Please explain how that was your business.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Watson45 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:10 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:55 pm LMAO!! If people really think there are no issues then they are blind to the situation. Maybe they needs to talk to people around the program. Watson .... those issues are none of your business unless you associated with him. Now that Coach posts on SEOP he knows how to PM me. If he wants to know what I hear .... he can handle it!
Haha. None of my business? You threw it up here making it everyone's business. Your 2nd hand info that the coach just rebutted but you're doubling down on. Please explain how that was your business.
Not just once either. Multiple times. On multiple threads. Digs at kids playing college ball. Digs at a very young program. Digs at a coach. IMO, if you're not willing to share what you hear behind an anonymous screen name, considering you had a coach say you know where to reach him ... put up or shut up. Your dislike for certain programs in SEO is glaringly obvious. "Those issues are non of your business unless you('re) associated with him" pretty much is you saying you ARE associated with him or that program, and therefore your business. Though you claim it's "just what you hear."

I do know parents with players on that team. Those young men love their coach and everything he's done for that school and program, in season and off. No one is perfect, but he's having a positive impact on the young lives around him. Can't fault anyone for that.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

GoIrish wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:02 pm
Watson45 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:10 am
Not just once either. Multiple times. On multiple threads. Digs at kids playing college ball. Digs at a very young program. Digs at a coach. IMO, if you're not willing to share what you hear behind an anonymous screen name, considering you had a coach say you know where to reach him ... put up or shut up. Your dislike for certain programs in SEO is glaringly obvious. "Those issues are non of your business unless you('re) associated with him" pretty much is you saying you ARE associated with him or that program, and therefore your business. Though you claim it's "just what you hear."

I do know parents with players on that team. Those young men love their coach and everything he's done for that school and program, in season and off. No one is perfect, but he's having a positive impact on the young lives around him. Can't fault anyone for that.
That's pretty much the same thing I have heard. The guy started a program from scratch and now has a ton of youth turnout from the peewee level on up. I am friends with their superintendent and they love what the coach has done. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have zero issue with that. But try to form one intelligently.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

It is funny how people try to disprove what I hear by using the same method that I try to make a point! Lol Can’t have it both ways. Can’t say hearing information from somebody involved is not reliable because somebody you heard your information from is involved. If your source is reliable than using the same standards l, my source is reliable. Lol!!! I’m done with it! We will see how things plays out!

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm It is funny how people try to disprove what I hear by using the same method that I try to make a point! Lol Can’t have it both ways. Can’t say hearing information from somebody involved is not reliable because somebody you heard your information from is involved. If your source is reliable than using the same standards l, my source is reliable. Lol!!! I’m done with it! We will see how things plays out!
Dude, common sense and all of history says burden of proof is on the accuser. You arent the smartest poster here. Please know that people see that. Stop. Please.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Hmmmm ..... Things are playing out as I predicted!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:53 pm Hmmmm ..... Things are playing out as I predicted!
Playing out as everyone predicted, northwest or SV. Green had a shot then no one showed up till late.

Return to “Football”