Soc 1 preseason predictions

Formerbenchwarmer
Waterboy

Soc 1 preseason predictions

Post by Formerbenchwarmer »

How do you think the soc 1 pans out this year?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Soc 1 preseason predictions

Post by greygoose »

With Oak Hill moving up SOC1 is probably wide open for a number of teams to take home the title. I'm not sure how much Green lost if they're mostly intact have to think of them as the front runner by a small margin. I think Symmes Valley was young last year, as well as Northwest starting 2-3 freshman on offense at QB and a really nice RB was just a freshman as well. Notre Dame is a team that I believe got better as the year went on but was a young team. East struggled last year and lost one of their top skilled players in Flannery, and Eastern graduated quite a few key players. Honestly for me I think it's a real toss-up at this point, Green made amazing strides but I'm not sure what they lost and what they return. Northwest with the new facilities all of those young players getting to play as much as they did it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to take SOC1 this year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:35 pm With Oak Hill moving up SOC1 is probably wide open for a number of teams to take home the title. I'm not sure how much Green lost if they're mostly intact have to think of them as the front runner by a small margin. I think Symmes Valley was young last year, as well as Northwest starting 2-3 freshman on offense at QB and a really nice RB was just a freshman as well. Notre Dame is a team that I believe got better as the year went on but was a young team. East struggled last year and lost one of their top skilled players in Flannery, and Eastern graduated quite a few key players. Honestly for me I think it's a real toss-up at this point, Green made amazing strides but I'm not sure what they lost and what they return. Northwest with the new facilities all of those young players getting to play as much as they did it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to take SOC1 this year.
Northwest could be a possibility. Only time will tell.
They will still be young at several positions. The numbers are looking good should have close to 60 on the roster.
The weight room has been packed this spring and summer. They will definitely be physically and mentally stronger this season.
With all the upgrades to the facility and the time the kids are putting in, there is excitement around the program for the first time in awhile.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

With oak hill gone Northwest has no excuse to ever lose this league

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:38 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:35 pm With Oak Hill moving up SOC1 is probably wide open for a number of teams to take home the title. I'm not sure how much Green lost if they're mostly intact have to think of them as the front runner by a small margin. I think Symmes Valley was young last year, as well as Northwest starting 2-3 freshman on offense at QB and a really nice RB was just a freshman as well. Notre Dame is a team that I believe got better as the year went on but was a young team. East struggled last year and lost one of their top skilled players in Flannery, and Eastern graduated quite a few key players. Honestly for me I think it's a real toss-up at this point, Green made amazing strides but I'm not sure what they lost and what they return. Northwest with the new facilities all of those young players getting to play as much as they did it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were to take SOC1 this year.
They will still be young at several positions. The numbers are looking good should have close to 60 on the roster.
The weight room has been packed this spring and summer. They will definitely be physically and mentally stronger this season.
With all the upgrades to the facility and the time the kids are putting in, there is excitement around the program for the first time in awhile.
Going to be honest, with the new facility and if they're sporting a 60 man roster that has young talent coming up through the system I believe they need to move up or out in the league. I've always said if they can show improvement it would be time for the move. I mean 60 man roster is the equivalent of 3 other SOC1 teams combined.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:38 am
Going to be honest, with the new facility and if they're sporting a 60 man roster that has young talent coming up through the system I believe they need to move up or out in the league. I've always said if they can show improvement it would be time for the move. I mean 60 man roster is the equivalent of 3 other SOC1 teams combined.
I agree.

Formerbenchwarmer
Waterboy

Post by Formerbenchwarmer »

Heard a few of greens studs are not playing. And nobody is talking about eastern but I think they will be pretty solid but I agree I think it’s wide open 🤷🏻‍♂️

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

What can we expect out of Notre Dame this season?

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

packers80 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:41 pm With oak hill gone Northwest has no excuse to ever lose this league
Northwest should not be in this conference. They are one of the biggest schools in the county and to put them in a conference with Notre Dame, East, Symmes Valley and Green is downright unfair! Agreed they stand no chance against Wheelersburg, but nobody in the SOC II can compete with Wheelersburg.

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:11 pm What can we expect out of Notre Dame this season?
This season with be interesting for Notre Dame. Their numbers are up but they are mostly Juniors and Freshman. Granted this group of Juniors and Freshman have had success coming up, they are still a small school. As for the team, they have tons of speed. Emnett and McGuire were a great contrast last year with power running and elusiveness, but with Nichols out (arm issues) McGuire has been moved to QB. But that gives them even more speed in the backfield. The problem is the offensive line. They are strong and quick but small. Defense should be solid. The biggest issue with defense is Haney went back to East. Overall, this should be the best year they've had in a while, but .500 is good for ND. Biggest games will be Fayetteville, Northwest and Greenup County (not sure how they got on their schedule) and maybe Green (depending on returning players actually playing, hearing rumors). Should be exciting, my prediction is 6-4 maybe 7-3.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I know one of Green's main linemen is out for year due to injury...not sure about others not playing. Shame for ND that Nichols is hurt but could still see them having a winning season. Haven't heard much about Eastern, East or Symmes Valley. Regardless, if Northwest has 60 kids out, they should dominate this league for the foreseeable future.

What's numbers looking like for everyone? Northwest apparently has 60 players and Notre Dame has 25 players according to PDT. How's everyone else's numbers?*

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:43 pm I know one of Green's main linemen is out for year due to injury...not sure about others not playing. Shame for ND that Nichols is hurt but could still see them having a winning season. Haven't heard much about Eastern, East or Symmes Valley. Regardless, if Northwest has 60 kids out, they should dominate this league for the foreseeable future.

What's numbers looking like for everyone? Northwest apparently has 60 players and Notre Dame has 25 players according to PDT. How's everyone else's numbers?*
In response to Northwest having 60 kids out.... it's time for this to end!

SOC I
Northwest Boys Enrollment: 174 (AA)
East Boys Enrollment: 50 (A)
Symmes Valley Boys Enrollment: 105 (A)
Green Boys Enrollment: 78 (A)
Eastern Boys Enrollment: 113 (A)
Notre Dame Boys Enrollment: 31 (A)

SouthernSports
Waterboy

Post by SouthernSports »

SouthernSports wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:04 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:43 pm I know one of Green's main linemen is out for year due to injury...not sure about others not playing. Shame for ND that Nichols is hurt but could still see them having a winning season. Haven't heard much about Eastern, East or Symmes Valley. Regardless, if Northwest has 60 kids out, they should dominate this league for the foreseeable future.

SOC I
just to add this in.....
Wheelersburg Boys Enrollment: 158 (AA)

NW Phoenix
Waterboy

Post by NW Phoenix »

If it were simply enrolment numbers, then NW would win the SOC 1 every year, but that hasn't happened.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SouthernSports wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:03 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:11 pm What can we expect out of Notre Dame this season?
This season with be interesting for Notre Dame. Their numbers are up but they are mostly Juniors and Freshman. Granted this group of Juniors and Freshman have had success coming up, they are still a small school. As for the team, they have tons of speed. Emnett and McGuire were a great contrast last year with power running and elusiveness, but with Nichols out (arm issues) McGuire has been moved to QB. But that gives them even more speed in the backfield. The problem is the offensive line. They are strong and quick but small. Defense should be solid. The biggest issue with defense is Haney went back to East. Overall, this should be the best year they've had in a while, but .500 is good for ND. Biggest games will be Fayetteville, Northwest and Greenup County (not sure how they got on their schedule) and maybe Green (depending on returning players actually playing, hearing rumors). Should be exciting, my prediction is 6-4 maybe 7-3.
Good stuff. Whom are the Titans playing in week 2? Look forward to seeing them in Lancaster the following week!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SouthernSports wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:04 pm

SOC I
I believe Northwest has 57 on the roster. 6 seniors,7 juniors and 44 freshmen and sophomores.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

In Northwests defense they are the only team in the SOC1 that loses athletes to soccer. Plus, I'm pretty sure the other SOC1 schools had to vote on letting them in.

That being said I think Northwest will be front runners followed by Symmes Valley

1. Northwest
2. Symmes Valley
3. Green
4. Eastern
5. Notre Dame
6. Sciotoville

but 2-5 are pretty even.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

anyone have any idea when Western will be in the league for football I know they have released a schedule that they will play but wasn’t sure how long it will take for them to be OHSAA approved and in the league

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

If Western comes in could they get Manchester to make it an 8 team league ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Kicker. wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:33 pm anyone have any idea when Western will be in the league for football I know they have released a schedule that they will play but wasn’t sure how long it will take for them to be OHSAA approved and in the league
I don't think they will. Adding soccer will effectively end football there, imho.

Return to “Football”