Re: OVC FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS THIS YEAR.

Post by countywide35 »

getting chippy

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Matt77 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 am That wasn’t directed towards you at all bait. I know how loyal of a fan you are and how honest you’d be good or bad towards your tigers. I haven’t really read many posts in this thread. It’s just what I see on Facebook, hear around town, and hear what people say. Coal Grove and Ironton are so close you hear people say a lot of things. Lol
Poor ol' bait Boy takes everything personal. Because he has a bazillion posts on here he feels that any post towards Ironton is directed towards him. By the way, I believe that Gallia wins the OVC running the table in that conference. Don't know that they go undefeated on the whole season, but they do in conference.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I didn't take anything personal chucky. I was simply stating I knew better than to think that way. and it reflected in my posts. nothing has been proven yet. and if it weren't for you burg folk, there would be no activity on ironton topics. so maybe yer lookin in the mirror there slick.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

trojandave wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 am I always look forward to making the trip to Memorial Stadium in Gallipolis......a classic, old time venue with the staircase entrance and exit. I just hope that the field is in better condition than what I've seen it in years past. There's no fans in the OVC that have a more unique view than the people whose houses border the stadium above the field.

I don't keep detailed records like I do in basketball, but I can't remember the last time Portsmouth won at Gallipolis. I know it's been quite a while. Maybe some GAHS fan has that info. I do know that the Blue Devils hold a rather decided edge in the series.

GO TROJANS!!
my uncle joe giles bought one of those houses years ago just for that reason. back porch had a great view

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

1. GA
2. Ironton
3. Portsmouth
4. Rock Hill
5. Fairland
6. CG
7. Peake
8. South Point

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

BigChuck wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:29 am
trojandave wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 am I always look forward to making the trip to Memorial Stadium in Gallipolis......a classic, old time venue with the staircase entrance and exit. I just hope that the field is in better condition than what I've seen it in years past. There's no fans in the OVC that have a more unique view than the people whose houses border the stadium above the field.

I don't keep detailed records like I do in basketball, but I can't remember the last time Portsmouth won at Gallipolis. I know it's been quite a while. Maybe some GAHS fan has that info. I do know that the Blue Devils hold a rather decided edge in the series.

GO TROJANS!!
I'm like you dave, really cool setting. except we always parked on the lower lot. behind the visitors stands. after 7 knee surgeries I don't do them big steps anymore. we just wait around till the lot clears out some. but a real nostalgic place to see. but that is one terrible field in the rain. I ,love having the gahs/ironton rivalry revived.
Sorry, but that stadium should be torn down. I was there last year for a biddy league game and it wasn't fit for even that.
First, it's not a "stadium". Second, BigChuck, maybe you could "pony" up the money for a new field. I am sure the good folks of Gallipolis would appreciate it. Third, I for one, hope The Blue Devils continue to play there for many years to come.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

grad, what do you mean, it's not a stadium. frankly I love the venue myself. kinda like ironton's stadium with nostalgia. I do think they should get turf. but I always enjoyed playing and going there. I was a sophomore in 76 on ironton's team when we lost the famous''34 and no more'' seoal games in a row. as we lost to the blue devils. that was a fateful night, and a long ride home. and it translated to a brutal Monday- Thursday the following week.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I consider a stadium to be a field contained inside a structure. Memorial Field is a field surrounded by bleachers and separate buildings for locker rooms, concessions, etc. I just don't see it as a stadium.

Buckeye1971
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye1971 »

BigChuck wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 am
Matt77 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 am That wasn’t directed towards you at all bait. I know how loyal of a fan you are and how honest you’d be good or bad towards your tigers. I haven’t really read many posts in this thread. It’s just what I see on Facebook, hear around town, and hear what people say. Coal Grove and Ironton are so close you hear people say a lot of things. Lol
Poor ol' bait Boy takes everything personal. Because he has a bazillion posts on here he feels that any post towards Ironton is directed towards him. By the way, I believe that Gallia wins the OVC running the table in that conference. Don't know that they go undefeated on the whole season, but they do in conference.

Laughing at the part of Bait having a bazillion posts on here..... but at the beginning of this thread he says, remind me of who all is in the OVC. 🙄😂😂😂.
C’MON MAN!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I been hit in the head a lot buckeye. sometimes I get vaporlocked and cain't think straight. if I was worried any about posts number wise. I wouldn't make long posts. frankly I couldn't give a rats rear about post totals. I just like to horse around here.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

frankly there ain't much bothers ole bait to be honest with ya. I'm bout as even keeled as they come. been through too many battles and struggles to get to shook up. just still glad to be here, and be able to walk and see.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 am frankly there ain't much bothers ole bait to be honest with ya. I'm bout as even keeled as they come. been through too many battles and struggles to get to shook up. just still glad to be here, and be able to walk and see.

from all dem war stories from you bait....again there is no doubt you are telling the truth when you say you are still glad to be here walkin around in them snake skin boots with the million different sole on them...….are they still stained up from the moonshine and beanie weenies :lol: :lol: :lol:

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:37 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:52 pm OH I AM RAZZING YOU BACK. AND THE LAKE WHITE THING MADE ME LAUGH. YOU GOTTA ADMIT YOU BURG FANS LAY IT ON THICK. AND CAN BE QUITE DISRESPECTIVE. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING. I LOVE THE BANTER BETWEEN YOU ALL. BUT FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS YOU ALL HAVE OUTRIGHT MADE FUN OF THE TIGERS AND THAT GAME. I DON'T THINK TIGER FANS WOULD DO THE SAME BACK. ================================ BUT WE'LL SEE, CAUSE YA'LL ARE GOING DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEP YOU HEARED ME RIGHT FIGHTING TIGERS UPSET THE PIRATES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing we've done over the past 10 years is use Ironton posters words and thrown them in their faces. That's where "It's only Ashland" came from.

Look, you guys have a good thing going for you now. That's great. But true humility comes after a big win. But all you guys want to do is bump them gums before the first snap. I hope it's a battle. I hope we meet in the playoffs. We wont shy away. Win or lose we will be better week 2.
Ya gonna get beat week one & thumped week 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:46 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:53 am frankly there ain't much bothers ole bait to be honest with ya. I'm bout as even keeled as they come. been through too many battles and struggles to get to shook up. just still glad to be here, and be able to walk and see.

from all dem war stories from you bait....again there is no doubt you are telling the truth when you say you are still glad to be here walkin around in them snake skin boots with the million different sole on them...….are they still stained up from the moonshine and beanie weenies :lol: :lol: :lol:
yup my friend. never did get the orange stain out of them. likely why they died trying to get them clean. and they kinda kersploded where the hide met the rubber from all that scrubbing.

Return to “Football”