Post by OldTiger »

Across all series
Waverly 5 scores
Miami Trace 4 score.

OldTiger
JV Team

Re: Waverly Tigers 2019

Post by OldTiger »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 am Wade Futhey has to be given credit, sophomore stepping in and threw several nice passes! Located his receivers fairly well and fairly accurate. He didn’t look too nervous, but I am sure he was.
Absolutely!! Wade looked like a natural. Wouldn’t have guessed he’s only had about 4 practices at QB.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

How long is Shanks out? Is the return date the younger Wolfe boy?

How did the Defense look? Did Swepston return? I heard he may be playing at Piketon.

If my memory is correct the Freshman and Sophomore class were very dominant in Junior Higj

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Shanks plans to play against Athens.

Sweptson is playing for Waverly.

Not sure on the return for Wolfe, but he is at least going through some practices.

Returning starting center Pollard is banged up.

I can't recall for sure, but I thought the starting defense only gave up 1 TD and the others were by the JV. There were several interceptions.

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

When and where is Waverly's "jamboree" game?
Is it still against Portsmouth??
Home or away?
Date and time?
Thanks

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

WHSgrad2000 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:32 am When and where is Waverly's "jamboree" game?
Is it still against Portsmouth??
Home or away?
Date and time?
Thanks
It is Friday 8/23 at Portsmouth 7:00pm

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

Thanks OldTiger

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Heard that Wolfe was cleared to play today. Don't know how close to 100% he is.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:23 pm Heard that Wolfe was cleared to play today. Don't know how close to 100% he is.
He should be cleared but hasn't had any contact yet. Don’t know how you gage the % and don’t know if he’ll be ready week one. It had always been week three (Unioto) but he was ahead of schedule. I wouldn’t look for him to participate in the scrimmage at Portsmouth - no need to risk anything.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

smurray wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:49 pm
The Flush wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:23 pm Heard that Wolfe was cleared to play today. Don't know how close to 100% he is.
He should be cleared but hasn't had any contact yet. Don’t know how you gage the % and don’t know if he’ll be ready week one. It had always been week three (Unioto) but he was ahead of schedule. I wouldn’t look for him to participate in the scrimmage at Portsmouth - no need to risk anything.
I agree on not taking a risk just for a scrimmage and even the earliest games. He needs to be healthy for the whole season and beyond.

Same goes for all the players with injuries right now.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

who does waverly finish the preseason out with?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:18 am who does waverly finish the preseason out with?
At Portsmouth Friday night.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

smurray wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:20 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:18 am who does waverly finish the preseason out with?
At Portsmouth Friday night.

thank ya!!! that should be a good look for both teams......is everyone healthy as of now or are there a few players healing up prior to the start of the season???

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Having to face a rb like Parker from Portsmouth will be a good test for the Tigers. I don't expect Shanks to play Friday, so will get to see Futhey at qb again. Curious to see how he does with another week of practice at qb under his belt, he didn't fair too bad this past Saturday considering he had only been playing the position for a few days. Wolf won't be out there much either I would assume. From my understanding, he's cleared so now it's up to him on how much he can handle and when he thinks he's ready to go.

I know this team has high expectations going into this year, looking to make that playoffs for the 4th year in a row. But this team is honestly pretty young. Not saying that can't have another great year and accomplsih what they want to, but it will be very difficult with their strength of schedule and a lot of fresh faces this year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 am Having to face a rb like Parker from Portsmouth will be a good test for the Tigers. I don't expect Shanks to play Friday, so will get to see Futhey at qb again. Curious to see how he does with another week of practice at qb under his belt, he didn't fair too bad this past Saturday considering he had only been playing the position for a few days. Wolf won't be out there much either I would assume. From my understanding, he's cleared so now it's up to him on how much he can handle and when he thinks he's ready to go.

I know this team has high expectations going into this year, looking to make that playoffs for the 4th year in a row. But this team is honestly pretty young. Not saying that can't have another great year and accomplsih what they want to, but it will be very difficult with their strength of schedule and a lot of fresh faces this year.

what grade is the wolf kid in?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 am Having to face a rb like Parker from Portsmouth will be a good test for the Tigers. I don't expect Shanks to play Friday, so will get to see Futhey at qb again. Curious to see how he does with another week of practice at qb under his belt, he didn't fair too bad this past Saturday considering he had only been playing the position for a few days. Wolf won't be out there much either I would assume. From my understanding, he's cleared so now it's up to him on how much he can handle and when he thinks he's ready to go.

Junior

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 am

Junior
High expectations with everyone healthy. No disrespect to anyone on the team but there is a huge difference with the three before mentioned players are out. Three crucial players, non being seniors. I know there are high expectations coming in and a 100% healthy Tiger squad would be looking at another playoff appearance and run in the payoffs. Most of this team is underclassmen with no senior starters on the line. The future looks bright so we’ll just see how healthy they can get and be this season.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone know if the jv participates in Friday's scrimmage or just varsity? I know this one the is jamboree game, so suppose to be more game like then last weeks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:56 pm Anyone know if the jv participates in Friday's scrimmage or just varsity? I know this one the is jamboree game, so suppose to be more game like then last weeks.
I think JV plays some too...

Return to “Football”