2019 SOC 2 Football Conference Race

Omega
SEOPS H

2019 SOC 2 Football Conference Race

Post by Omega »

We are inside of 60 days to the opening kickoff of the 2019 high school football season. The SOC 2 welcomes the Oak Hill Oaks to conference play as they join Minford, Valley, Waverly and West as challengers to Wheelersburg's dominance. The Pirates have won twenty one consecutive league games and five championships in a row since their last conference loss, 10-7 to Valley back on October 25, 2013. The question becomes can any of their SOC2 brethren challenge the Pirates for the 2019 crown?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: 2019 SOC 2 Football Conference Race

Post by Beergogglebluez »

No. I just don’t see it any time soon

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This is really a topic?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 pm This is really a topic?
No apologies JP for the post. Last time I checked SEOP was supposed to be a forum for fans of all schools in Southeast Ohio, and the SOC2 does include schools other than Wheelersburg. While I recognize the near invincibility of the Pirates against local schools, fans of say Minford or West might want to discuss their teams chances against the Burg and the rest of the league.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This is year, I think waverly could push burg.

Burg
Waverly
Oak hill
West
Valley
Minford

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Omega wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:06 am
No apologies JP for the post. Last time I checked SEOP was supposed to be a forum for fans of all schools in Southeast Ohio, and the SOC2 does include schools other than Wheelersburg. While I recognize the near invincibility of the Pirates against local schools, fans of say Minford or West might want to discuss their teams chances against the Burg and the rest of the league.
Yea. I've been around for a while now and know how this works. Sarcasm doesn't sit well with you I see. But that's cool, not everyone gets it.

IMO, Burg wins its 6th consecutive SOCII title. This Oline is one of the better ones they've had since 2014. It will be tough for anyone in the league to stop them. The defense has a few question marks but I'm sure by the time conference play starts that it will all be figured out.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:58 am
Omega wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:06 am
Yea. I've been around for a while now and know how this works. Sarcasm doesn't sit well with you I see. But that's cool, not everyone gets it.

IMO, Burg wins its 6th consecutive SOCII title. This Oline is one of the better ones they've had since 2014. It will be tough for anyone in the league to stop them. The defense has a few question marks but I'm sure by the time conference play starts that it will all be figured out.
👍

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:38 am This is year, I think waverly could push burg.

Burg
Waverly
Oak hill
West
Valley
Minford
I've said this since end of last season, don't be surprised at all if Waverly sneaks up and takes the SOC2 crown. They did lose some players but return quite a few young guys who were starting for the first time last year. Shoemaker a year into the system, I look for him to push Matthews for possible POY award. I think the question for waverly will be line play and just overall play calling as a whole they have to become less predictable. I mean just the couple games I seen last year seen the pattern in which the play caller was going with, if they address that issue and some guys step up on the line Waverly and Burg could be a dandy this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Waverly
Burg
Minford
West
Valley
Oaks

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Biggest question I have for Burg is about the quarterback position, Salyers was a great qb and the next guy to take the reigns is practically getting the keys to a Ferrari with the offense.
For waverly it’s about defense and the offensive line, yes they lost some of their best playmakers but Shanks, Shoemaker and PWolf all return and are great players

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm Biggest question I have for Burg is about the quarterback position, Salyers was a great qb and the next guy to take the reigns is practically getting the keys to a Ferrari with the offense.
For waverly it’s about defense and the offensive line, yes they lost some of their best playmakers but Shanks, Shoemaker and PWolf all return and are great players
Why would anyone even ask that question? When is the last time burg had a non productive QB? Their question will be run defense. Pass defense they will be great at but they will have to see where they are at on the front 6 defensively. If they turn out to be good there, I look for a similar record like last year.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 pm [quote=Kicker. post_id=<a href="tel:1777548">1777548</a> time=<a href="tel:1562279200">1562279200</a> user_id=14238]
Biggest question I have for Burg is about the quarterback position, Salyers was a great qb and the next guy to take the reigns is practically getting the keys to a Ferrari with the offense.
Why would anyone even ask that question? When is the last time burg had a non productive QB? Their question will be run defense. Pass defense they will be great at but they will have to see where they are at on the front 6 defensively. If they turn out to be good there, I look for a similar record like last year.
[/quote]

Who’s going to be the QB? Freshman from last year?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 pm [quote=Kicker. post_id=<a href="tel:1777548">1777548</a> time=<a href="tel:1562279200">1562279200</a> user_id=14238]
[/quote]

Don’t know but the QB is probably one of the biggest pieces of that offense so they will definitely plug the right guy in.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:41 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 pm
Don’t know but the QB is probably one of the biggest pieces of that offense so they will definitely plug the right guy in.
[/quote]

Burg coaches do a great job putting kids in positions where they will succeed. You could go back farther but I’ll go back to E Miller and his group who put up huge numbers. All burg fans heard was you can’t replace that, no way. Well May stepped in and didn’t miss a beat, may left and everyone was saying same thing well Davis stepped in and once again didn’t miss a beat. Davis left Dyer stepped in and put up record numbers while being named all state as a junior. Then the burg coaches replaced an all state returning QB with a junior. That turned out ok to if everyone remembers. Burg coaches know there kids and what there capable of doing. They seem to really like this group.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Kicker. wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm Biggest question I have for Burg is about the quarterback position, Salyers was a great qb and the next guy to take the reigns is practically getting the keys to a Ferrari with the offense.
was the only main question i had about their team i understand their ability to plug in anyone and have success. i was just curious to who it is hadn’t heard anything about it

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Kicker. wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:20 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 pm
was the only main question i had about their team i understand their ability to plug in anyone and have success. i was just curious to who it is hadn’t heard anything about it
Everyone in the burg is asking the same question

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Not really , have all the confidence in Burg coaches, they can sniff out talent.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

callie15 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm Not really , have all the confidence in Burg coaches, they can sniff out talent.
every conversation I have had this offseason with other burg fans has centered around who is going to be the QB

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

callie15 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm Not really , have all the confidence in Burg coaches, they can sniff out talent.
All over the county

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

My moneys on mm. But Coach and staff will make the right call. #RespectTheW

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”

Return to “Football”