How do you watch a game?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

How do you watch a game?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Do you chit chat during the game and miss parts of it?
Do you play on your phone and miss part of the game?
Do you run to the concession stand multiple times and miss parts of the game?
Do you set in your seat and watch every play?
Do you up date the score on various sites during yje end of the quarters?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: How do you watch a game?

Post by Omega »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:14 pm Do you chit chat during the game and miss parts of it?
Do you play on your phone and miss part of the game?
Do you run to the concession stand multiple times and miss parts of the game?
Do you set in your seat and watch every play?
Do you up date the score on various sites during yje end of the quarters?
I prefer to actually focus on watching a game, though I often miss the beginning of big plays because I concentrate on the play of players away from the ball. Does the defensive end box out and turn the play inside? Does the linebacker make the read and shed his block for the tackle?That sort of thing. Then again I have been accused of being anti-social and a "down in front" guy.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

at The stadium. Every play. 1/2time for a drink, send a kid , or someone else that’s not into it that way. Away from the game of course the radio and posters from sites such as these.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I try to post the Athens scores

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Sit in the same seat at all the Trojans home games (unless someone beats me to them). Typically not on my phone unless it’s halftime and I’m checking other scores from around the area, or unless someone needs me then sure I’ll see what they need. I never go to concessions, usually someone nice I’m with or near by offers, so I’ll say sure. So I pretty much watch every play, I stay for the whole game no matter the score. There’s only 10 weeks, maybe a few more if they make playoffs so I try to just soak in as much of the Friday night atmosphere as I can. Season goes by quick so I don’t want to miss anything. Lol

Who Dey!
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I like to stand and be as close to the field as you can. That's why I love small school football Symmes Valley, East and Green where you can stand in the endzone and here all the adjustments from the players. I enjoy listening to the drama from fans to coach, players to players and coach to players .

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

mattash wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:45 pm I like to stand and be as close to the field as you can.
Same here. Much rather stand than set. I like to move with the ball up and down the fence line if it's not a packed house.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Rather get at the top of the stands to see the whole field. So hard to see how far they are getting if your not up high,, also people cant get in front of you blocking your view if your over top of them. One other perk being at the top you can stand or sit and not have to worry about blocking other fans view. The home stands at Jackson has a ton of room for people to stand at the top.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

For me I get there 45 to 60 minutes early and get a seat at the top of the bleachers as close to the 50 yard line as possible.
I try and get pics of the teams warming up and then start looking at the players, I think will be starters and watch them as they start running routes and catching passes. When the games start I usually start taking notes, for my much criticized game report. I watch every play of every game and log it as a run, pass or punt.
Last year while on the sidelines at Hershey Park, where I was taking pics, I missed to plays because I was talking.
I guess since I was not taking notes I was not paying as much attention as I normally do. There was also a few years back my good friend Sykotyk track a few plays for me, when we were in Pikeville because mother nature was calling and was in no mood to be put on hold.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Get there early and get your drinks before the game. I post every scoring drive. I check scores at halftime.

BHS78
Riding the Bench

Post by BHS78 »

I like to be as close to the 50 yd. line as possible and at the top of bleachers, l like to watch the game but will talk in between plays , only leave seat if nature calls

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I like to get my moneys worth

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:05 am When the games start I usually start taking notes, for my much criticized game report.
Lol. Make that your "much-detailed" report.

Being behind the PA mic, I follow each play closely from the best seat in the house. Unfortunately, but I don't catch most of the off-ball play. My brain is thinking "ball carrier/receiver - tackler(s)", then clear the memory cache for the next play.

For away games, Mrs. Zunardo and I always try for the top bleacher in the visitor stands, and then I can take my time watching the line and backfield play with binocs, or putting them down to watch receivers and DB's work. The nice thing is I usually remember more of the away games, and get to savor the atmosphere of a Friday night in the stands.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

High n bleachers close to 50. I travel and watch what I consider to b best game in area of week. Lot of times can get a better seat on visitors side. Watch just about every play. Follow other games on here. And will watch other games thru the weekend on channel 15.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Home games.
I'll watch some from the pressbox, some from the end zone, and a little from the stands.
Away games I generally don't miss a snap. I try to watch those from the top of the pressbox.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Do I go to the game by myself or with my wife. If I go by myself tonight like to stand in a end zone. I like to see the holes open and get filled. I by 2 gatorades on my way in. Usually don’t need to go to bathroom until game is over. If it hits early I go at half.

If my wife goes. We set in stands as far away from players parents as possible. Even if that puts us close to student section or Band.

If I am by myself rarely talk during game unless someone talking to me. If setting with my wife there is some talking. But not a lot. I may post scores on ScoreStream and may look at scores but that is usually between quarters.

When we go to games together my wife usually drives. That is why sometimes I post up until kickoff. And usually write big posts on way home.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

If it’s a lower-stakes game, eg a game against a lesser opponent, I’ll listen to the Lancaster game on the WLOH broadcast on my phone via the TuneIn Radio App. I love listening to Skip Mosic’s statewide halftime show, which they syndicate.

Return to “Football”