Trimble 35 Nelsonville-York 0

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Nelsonville York @ Trimble 2019

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:20 pm
noreply66 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:06 pm Bulldogs will not schedule both these team in one year. One can beat you up and the other will finish you off.
Trimble plays 8 league games. NY is always week one and their bye week is week 5. Athens is week 6. NY has the week 5 bye. Idk why I’m using logic with a Logan person

Fort Frye vs Trimble week 5 2020

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Add Fort Frye and even this league up.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:49 pm Add Fort Frye and even this league up.
I agree

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye needs the TVC

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:55 pm Fort Frye needs the TVC
Apply to the TVC Ohio

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's been a little while since Trimble vs NY has meant so much. It's always a great rivalry and big game to the folks in Nelsonville/Glouster/etc … but this years match-up will have all eyes on it from Athens County clear up to Ashtabula.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Shotgun red wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:05 pm I know people are dying to talk about this game, so lets get this party started! I know Trimble returns a ton a starters from a year ago but did lose some key players. I know absolutely nothing about NY other than the fact that they return MR FOOTBALL, Keegan Wilburn. I think Legendary Head Coach Phil Faires will out coach the Buckeyes again. Cats win!
Now that right there is hilarious, I don't care who you are. Phil out coach Rusty. Bah, hah, hah. I can't, I can't, can't breeeeeathe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:58 am It's been a little while since Trimble vs NY has meant so much. It's always a great rivalry and big game to the folks in Nelsonville/Glouster/etc … but this years match-up will have all eyes on it from Athens County clear up to Ashtabula.
The O-line will be the difference maker in this one. NY's that is. Last year all Keegan needed was a crease. But the O-line couldn't provide it. This year will be different. He'll be hard to catch once he slips through. Plus I don't think he'll be used as a decoy this year ;) .

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Last Year NY had Donavan Mccollister so your not going to tell me he will not be missed. He was one heck of a lineman. Trimble is returning almost the whole line. Now do I think NY will be good I think they will be up there in the top 3. Wilburn cannot do this all by himself. There will have to be alot to step up to the plate. I want NY to do well. I will cheer them on all the games but week one. remember Trimble blood leads the pack........And we are so glad we have NY blood leading our school and doing a terrific job at that............

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 am Last Year NY had Donavan Mccollister so your not going to tell me he will not be missed. He was one heck of a lineman. Trimble is returning almost the whole line. Now do I think NY will be good I think they will be up there in the top 3. Wilburn cannot do this all by himself. There will have to be alot to step up to the plate. I want NY to do well. I will cheer them on all the games but week one. remember Trimble blood leads the pack........And we are so glad we have NY blood leading our school and doing a terrific job at that............
I agree with everything you said......except the fact that yes NY Had McCollister....But that was the ONLY lineman they had. Now they have experience, have matured, and are also just bigger than they were last year. I think the line play makes a difference in every game this year. Can't wait for the season to start!

BHS78
Riding the Bench

Post by BHS78 »

Trimble by 20

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 am Last Year NY had Donavan Mccollister so your not going to tell me he will not be missed. He was one heck of a lineman. Trimble is returning almost the whole line. Now do I think NY will be good I think they will be up there in the top 3. Wilburn cannot do this all by himself. There will have to be alot to step up to the plate. I want NY to do well. I will cheer them on all the games but week one. remember Trimble blood leads the pack........And we are so glad we have NY blood leading our school and doing a terrific job at that............
I agree except that the whole O-line will be better even though Donovan is gone. And yes Trimble led by an NY guy is great. So if they pull off the win it'll be because of him. Meanwhile, NY stole your stud coach and he bleeds Orange now so you can't say he has Trimble blood any more. Sorry for your loss. :mrgreen:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Ok, so I'm cheating here.........this is a basketball topic, but hardly anyone is on the basketball forum this time of year, so I'm posting it here so more people are aware..............NY has hired a new basketball coach and it is the all-time winningest basketball coach in Alexander Spartan history. Let's see what he can build at NY!

https://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/ ... 8f7d5.html
Gabriel is back in the game

Blaine Gabriel is in need of a wardrobe makeover.

No, Gabriel, now 59 years old, isn’t changing who he is or what he’s about. Rather, he’s getting back to who he used to be.

The issue resides in his closet, which used to be stocked with an assortment of ‘Spartan’ red pullovers but didn’t have a scrap of ‘Buckeye’ orange.

“Absolutely none,” Gabriel said with a bark of a laugh. “Not a stitch of Nelsonville-York Orange and Brown in there.”

It’s time to go shopping. Gabriel was hired, officially by the school board, to be the next head boys basketball coach at Nelsonville-York High School on Wednesday night.

“It’s a restart, for me and hopefully for Nelsonville-York too,” Gabriel said.

Gabriel is no stranger to Athens County or the Tri-Valley Conference Ohio Division. He’s a 1978 graduate of Alexander High School, and later spent 24 seasons coaching basketball in the district.

He started by coaching the junior high teams. He finished coaching the Spartans’ varsity squad, and as the winningest coach in the school’s history. Over 11 seasons as Alexander’s head coach (2002-03 through 2012-13) he won 132 games; no coach in school history has won more.

Under Gabriel, the Spartans won four sectional titles (2006, ’09, ’10 and ’11) and won the TVC Ohio title in 2005-06. He was the District 13 Coach of the year twice, and also a TVC-Ohio Coach of the Year and the AP Division III Southeast District Coach of the Year once.

Gabriel’s term with Alexander ended after the 2012-13 season when then AD Nate Schiller passed on the chance to renew his contract. Told he wasn’t wanted by the district where he had forged the entirety of his coaching identity, Gabriel has spent the last six years watching has much basketball as possible.

And most of it was local. Gabriel became a fixture at big TVC games in recent years, showing up whenever there was a key game to be seen. When he wasn’t doing that, he was following his son Eric, a Division I college assistant coach under legendary NCAA coach Tubby Smith at High Point University.

Gabriel wasn’t done with basketball. He was just on hiatus. Settling back into a routine as a head coach won’t be difficult, he said.

“I was on the run all the time anyway. Tuesday here, Friday there, checking out some player or another for my son,” Gabriel said. “I saw a lot of basketball.”

But when approached with the opportunity to coach again at Nelsonville-York, Gabriel said it was time to get back to doing what he loves. That’s coaching the game and trying to have a positive impact on the students in his care.

He relishes the wins, sure, but it’s the invitations to weddings, the letters of recommendation that he’s been asked to write, that he cherishes.

“Running a program, building a program, to me that’s always been more than just wins and losses,” he said. “This is a chance to do that again.

“I just feel like now I’m at a point where it makes sense,” Gabriel added. “I’ve been pretty content, I really have, but this is a new challenge to take on.

“That’s part of the intrigue, right? I believe I can still do it, and do it the ways I’ve done it before. I’m going to try to be same head coach I’ve always been,” he continued. “We’ll see how it works out.”

Nelsonville-York needs stability in the boys basketball program. Gabriel will be the program’s third head coach in four seasons. The roster is projected to have fewer than five upperclassmen on the roster next winter.

Gabriel will replace Jamie Justus, who had a 14-32 record with the Buckeyes over the last two years. Justus was rehired for the 2019-20 season, but resigned this spring to take the head boys coaching position at Amanda Clearcreek.

A few phone calls, and weeks, later, and Gabriel was back in the game.

“It’s an opportunity to rebuild a program. It’s chance to see if I can still do this,” Gabriel said. “It’s a great school, and they support the heck out of the football program.

“Why can’t we do the same with basketball? Listen, if you coach long enough you’re going to have up and down years,” he said. “But you keep building. You keep making a positive impact.

“Hopefully it works out well for both of us.”

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 am
I agree except that the whole O-line will be better even though Donovan is gone. And yes Trimble led by an NY guy is great. So if they pull off the win it'll be because of him. Meanwhile, NY stole your stud coach and he bleeds Orange now so you can't say he has Trimble blood any more. Sorry for your loss. :mrgreen:
No loss there. I will agree Rusty is a good coach by all means. To say he is the reason Trimble won all those years he coached is ridiculous. Did he have a part in there winning he sure did and so did the other coaches and PHIL......as far as him bleeding Orange that would be like saying John Hurd bleeds red, you always have a special place in your heart for your alma mater i do not care who you are. Rusty is the best thing that ever happened to NY he takes pride in his coaching and the kids. With that said Go CATS!!! See u in August.....

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

tomcat82 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:21 pm
No loss there. I will agree Rusty is a good coach by all means. To say he is the reason Trimble won all those years he coached is ridiculous. Did he have a part in there winning he sure did and so did the other coaches and PHIL......as far as him bleeding Orange that would be like saying John Hurd bleeds red, you always have a special place in your heart for your alma mater i do not care who you are. Rusty is the best thing that ever happened to NY he takes pride in his coaching and the kids. With that said Go CATS!!! See u in August.....
Well that's great there 82 what you said about Rusty. Now maybe you can convince your coaches over the hill that Rusty is a true Trimble guy and he doesn't secretly hope they lose every game :lol: . Good luck with that as they seem hell bent on clinging to that message. In reality though, I've seen both those guys you mention at NY and Trimble games and both typically wear Orange. Hence, their loyalty to NY. I've never seen Rusty wear red to any game, NY nor Trimble, since he took over as HC.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Are y'all really still arguing about Rusty at NY and who's wearing what colors? My God give it a rest.

Its all in the hips
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 am Are y'all really still arguing about Rusty at NY and who's wearing what colors? My God give it a rest.
No one is arguing, we're actually agreeing. I think we're still allowed to do that on here, or so I've been told. Thanks for your interest. ;)

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 am

Well that's great there 82 what you said about Rusty. Now maybe you can convince your coaches over the hill that Rusty is a true Trimble guy and he doesn't secretly hope they lose every game :lol: . Good luck with that as they seem hell bent on clinging to that message. In reality though, I've seen both those guys you mention at NY and Trimble games and both typically wear Orange. Hence, their loyalty to NY. I've never seen Rusty wear red to any game, NY nor Trimble, since he took over as HC.
I don't care what he wears he is a great leader of our school district and I am sure Buckeye at heart, but I can tell you he never missed a football game for Trimble all the way to the district finals!!! He is a Tomcat Fan now and a Buckeye by heart. IDC what Rusty wears he is a graduate from Trimble you will never take that away from him. He is a leader now at NY and does a fine job..now he is a Buckeye Fan.........

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 am

I don't care what he wears he is a great leader of our school district and I am sure Buckeye at heart, but I can tell you he never missed a football game for Trimble all the way to the district finals!!! He is a Tomcat Fan now and a Buckeye by heart. IDC what Rusty wears he is a graduate from Trimble you will never take that away from him. He is a leader now at NY and does a fine job..now he is a Buckeye Fan.........
Great. Now all you have to do is convince those danged coaches over there that Rusty doesn't want Trimble to lose. :mrgreen:

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:14 pm
Shotgun red wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:05 pm I know people are dying to talk about this game, so lets get this party started! I know Trimble returns a ton a starters from a year ago but did lose some key players. I know absolutely nothing about NY other than the fact that they return MR FOOTBALL, Keegan Wilburn. I think Legendary Head Coach Phil Faires will out coach the Buckeyes again. Cats win!
Now that right there is hilarious, I don't care who you are. Phil out coach Rusty. Bah, hah, hah. I can't, I can't, can't breeeeeathe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Write it down. The Gambler will have his troops ready.

Return to “Football”