Re: Nelsonville York @ Trimble 2019

Post by Raider6309 »

Last I heard, Trimble held NY to 50 yards of total offense

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Shotgun red wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:16 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:01 pm Only going to post once about this game tonight. First off congrats to Trimble and good luck the rest of the season. Secondly, I don’t know what kind of system Rusty is trying to run here but it’s not NY football. This is not the type of team to be able to run this system. Our play calling tonight was horrendous, I haven’t seen anything like it. We don’t use 3 or 16 at all. The only runs we ran tonight were draws. Keegan had one sweep play out of the wildcat to the left and that was just about it. This team needs to be in the I formation like Ny has always ran. Put 48 or 32 at FB have 3 at TB and 16 at the wing. This team would have success in this formation, would we have won tonight? No but for the rest of the season that is what we need. The foundations NY was built on. On the defensive side despite getting 35 hung on us, I saw positives, we was in the right spot a lot of times but couldn’t tackle. If NY changes this system to an under center pro style, they can be successful go 7-3 maybe stretch 8-2. If not it’s hard to tell what will happen this season. You have to use 3, Half the time we just have him standing out there, when he gets the ball he has no blockers. Come out line them up in the I and play ball. Sorry for the long post, I’ve seen a ton of Ny football in my life, many great seasons, coaches, players, but this culture Rusty is trying to build with this offense isn’t it. It was disheartening to watch tonight. Again good job to the cats tonight. On to next week....

Go Bucks!
You can give 3 the ball all you want but he has to be more assertive. I believe the kid is afraid of contact. There is absolutely no way he ever plays at OU. I believe this will be the last year that NY fans have to tolerate Rusty.
I agree with you about him being more assertive. On the Rusty situation I’m not sure, I just can’t believe what I saw tonight play call wise. We would not have beat Trimble regardless but that was sickening.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I hope ny can win a few we need points

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the win.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Shotgun red wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:16 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:01 pm Only going to post once about this game tonight. First off congrats to Trimble and good luck the rest of the season. Secondly, I don’t know what kind of system Rusty is trying to run here but it’s not NY football. This is not the type of team to be able to run this system. Our play calling tonight was horrendous, I haven’t seen anything like it. We don’t use 3 or 16 at all. The only runs we ran tonight were draws. Keegan had one sweep play out of the wildcat to the left and that was just about it. This team needs to be in the I formation like Ny has always ran. Put 48 or 32 at FB have 3 at TB and 16 at the wing. This team would have success in this formation, would we have won tonight? No but for the rest of the season that is what we need. The foundations NY was built on. On the defensive side despite getting 35 hung on us, I saw positives, we was in the right spot a lot of times but couldn’t tackle. If NY changes this system to an under center pro style, they can be successful go 7-3 maybe stretch 8-2. If not it’s hard to tell what will happen this season. You have to use 3, Half the time we just have him standing out there, when he gets the ball he has no blockers. Come out line them up in the I and play ball. Sorry for the long post, I’ve seen a ton of Ny football in my life, many great seasons, coaches, players, but this culture Rusty is trying to build with this offense isn’t it. It was disheartening to watch tonight. Again good job to the cats tonight. On to next week....

Go Bucks!
You can give 3 the ball all you want but he has to be more assertive. I believe the kid is afraid of contact. There is absolutely no way he ever plays at OU. I believe this will be the last year that NY fans have to tolerate Rusty.
I agree with you shotgun I don't know what ou seen but he had like 8 touches and had about -9 yards yes -9 yards not D1 material

100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Post by 100% Tomcat »

Knute Rockne could’ve coached the Buckeyes tonight and they would’ve still got beat the same. Get off of Rusty’s a$$ and understand that a good team just had the upper hand tonight. Rusty is a high character guy that loves those kids and has given a lot of years to NY City Schools.

GoBucks1980
Waterboy

Post by GoBucks1980 »

I usually don’t say too much, but after tonight I feel like everyone has to speak up. Watching that game was almost embarrassing to even be wearing orange. Not even talking about the score or the teams, just the way the game was managed from start to finish for the Bucks was embarrassing. Never seen a team not even warm up on the field they’re about to play on, but every series it seemed like we had either 10 or 12 guys on the field. Not prepared, play calling was pitiful, and we didn’t look like a team with any tradition or identity. Rusty had one good season and it’s because he had a loaded class. I’m beginning to believe anybody could have took that team to the final four, and it might be time to renew some Buckeye blood unless we make a quick turn around. Who’s next in line? Kline or Andrews? I think we need to prepare for the next step and send him back over the hill- or put him up in the pressbox. He’s got a great football mind, but a head coach he is not. I hope I’m not the only one feeling this way, I fear we have a long and disappointing season ahead of us.

But in the good and the bad- go bucks!

Seekerboy
Waterboy

Post by Seekerboy »

GoBucks1980 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:10 am I usually don’t say too much, but after tonight I feel like everyone has to speak up. Watching that game was almost embarrassing to even be wearing orange. Not even talking about the score or the teams, just the way the game was managed from start to finish for the Bucks was embarrassing. Never seen a team not even warm up on the field they’re about to play on, but every series it seemed like we had either 10 or 12 guys on the field. Not prepared, play calling was pitiful, and we didn’t look like a team with any tradition or identity. Rusty had one good season and it’s because he had a loaded class. I’m beginning to believe anybody could have took that team to the final four, and it might be time to renew some Buckeye blood unless we make a quick turn around. Who’s next in line? Kline or Andrews? I think we need to prepare for the next step and send him back over the hill- or put him up in the pressbox. He’s got a great football mind, but a head coach he is not. I hope I’m not the only one feeling this way, I fear we have a long and disappointing season ahead of us.

Nonsense. He knows the game more than anyone they could’ve picked. The better team won tonight. Go to bed tomcat fan. Go to week 2.

The “Basement88”
Waterboy

Post by The “Basement88” »

Wow!

BINGO :o
tomcat34
Waterboy

Post by tomcat34 »

Don’t ever say Fouts is too slow or not tough enough, kid ran his heart out tonight and blocked amazing also not to say, he shut wilburn down all night

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

GoBucks1980 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:10 am I usually don’t say too much, but after tonight I feel like everyone has to speak up. Watching that game was almost embarrassing to even be wearing orange. Not even talking about the score or the teams, just the way the game was managed from start to finish for the Bucks was embarrassing. Never seen a team not even warm up on the field they’re about to play on, but every series it seemed like we had either 10 or 12 guys on the field. Not prepared, play calling was pitiful, and we didn’t look like a team with any tradition or identity. Rusty had one good season and it’s because he had a loaded class. I’m beginning to believe anybody could have took that team to the final four, and it might be time to renew some Buckeye blood unless we make a quick turn around. Who’s next in line? Kline or Andrews? I think we need to prepare for the next step and send him back over the hill- or put him up in the pressbox. He’s got a great football mind, but a head coach he is not. I hope I’m not the only one feeling this way, I fear we have a long and disappointing season ahead of us.

Back it down bro! Everyone over here knows that the Cats wouldn’t be enjoying the success they are without Rusty’s influence. He called the offense defense and ran the weight room his last five years here. Leave him alone. He will have it fixed soon. I can see the nut boys going 9-1.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Embarrassing! Play calling! Tackling! Effort. NY finishes
5-5.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

I know for a fact that rusty ran the show late in his time at Trimble. If he was still here they would have two state titles by now at least. Be patient. He’s got this.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I took this one in and here’s my take on the game.1 . Trimble is very physical for their size and plays aggressively, 51 and 56 are absolute tough as nails linemen. 2. Trimble runs the ball effectively and initiate contact rather than waiting on it. 3. Connor Wright, Sawyer Koons, and Cameron Kittle are very nice players. Kittle runs downhill great and Koons and Wright are very hard nosed. 4. Trimble’s defense is very stout with their front 7 and their defensive backfield reads each play well. Trimble could very well win their region. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a lot of shutouts this season.

For N-Y, play calling was too obvious. Their first series was three straight QB draws. That’s not going to cut it if they’re going to have a good season. Number 8 is a solid player, especially on defense. N-Y also has to find a way to get Wilburn as many touches as possible. He’s a gamer I believe if he’s able to get into open space. Plus, the other offensive players have to step up and make plays. Credit Trimble A LOT for making N-Y’s night miserable. They’re solid across the board.

SUPERTROOPER2
Waterboy

Post by SUPERTROOPER2 »

It's hard to get #3 the ball when he clearly doesn't want the ball. As for Coach Richards it's hard to coach a team that has zero heart and are soft a Charmin. Goods coaches adjust to talent and it's hard to adjust when you are coaching zero talent.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:02 pm As a media outlet, you're not supposed to be doing video live. Obviously it's hard to stop fans from doing it, but the OHSAA disallows video feed unless you pay fee/get permission.
Bulldog, that is ONLY for tournaments or playoffs. Live video is allowed. Regular season games are property of the competing schools, tournaments are property of the OHSAA.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Congrats on the win..
4or 5 wins in 2 seasons isn't going to cut it.
Before any one's says final 4 team..
That was with a NY coached team that was already put in place . alot of die hard NY fans will never be pleased with this brand of football ..to prove a point ..take away the last couple yrs and take a look at at the series never been close .

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

What no nelsonville trimble game on channel 15 this week ?

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

SUPERTROOPER2 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:44 am It's hard to get #3 the ball when he clearly doesn't want the ball. As for Coach Richards it's hard to coach a team that has zero heart and are soft a Charmin. Goods coaches adjust to talent and it's hard to adjust when you are coaching zero talent.
Grit and heart can be inspired by coaches, and it seemed last night they didn’t have much of that. And your statement about coaching zero talent is comical. NY had easily just as talented athletes and weaker up front. But when you have a D1 commit full ride scholarship player that has -9 yards of offense, that’s not a good game plan. The one thing that stood out the most to me was that Trimble had a great game plan, and executed it well and played within their identity. NY looked to have absolutely no game plan and no identity at all, and looked very unprepared. Hope they all stay healthy and win games moving forward!

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

dilligaf wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:51 pm What no nelsonville trimble game on channel 15 this week ?
That's what I was thinking rusty must have called Joe and ask to not play the game bc all the cheep shots

Return to “Football”