Trimble 35 Nelsonville-York 0

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: Nelsonville York @ Trimble 2019

Post by Happy McGavin »

Are y'all really still arguing about Rusty at NY and who's wearing what colors? My God give it a rest.

Its all in the hips
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 am Are y'all really still arguing about Rusty at NY and who's wearing what colors? My God give it a rest.
No one is arguing, we're actually agreeing. I think we're still allowed to do that on here, or so I've been told. Thanks for your interest. ;)

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 am
tomcat82 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:21 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 am

I agree except that the whole O-line will be better even though Donovan is gone. And yes Trimble led by an NY guy is great. So if they pull off the win it'll be because of him. Meanwhile, NY stole your stud coach and he bleeds Orange now so you can't say he has Trimble blood any more. Sorry for your loss. :mrgreen:
No loss there. I will agree Rusty is a good coach by all means. To say he is the reason Trimble won all those years he coached is ridiculous. Did he have a part in there winning he sure did and so did the other coaches and PHIL......as far as him bleeding Orange that would be like saying John Hurd bleeds red, you always have a special place in your heart for your alma mater i do not care who you are. Rusty is the best thing that ever happened to NY he takes pride in his coaching and the kids. With that said Go CATS!!! See u in August.....
Well that's great there 82 what you said about Rusty. Now maybe you can convince your coaches over the hill that Rusty is a true Trimble guy and he doesn't secretly hope they lose every game :lol: . Good luck with that as they seem hell bent on clinging to that message. In reality though, I've seen both those guys you mention at NY and Trimble games and both typically wear Orange. Hence, their loyalty to NY. I've never seen Rusty wear red to any game, NY nor Trimble, since he took over as HC.
I don't care what he wears he is a great leader of our school district and I am sure Buckeye at heart, but I can tell you he never missed a football game for Trimble all the way to the district finals!!! He is a Tomcat Fan now and a Buckeye by heart. IDC what Rusty wears he is a graduate from Trimble you will never take that away from him. He is a leader now at NY and does a fine job..now he is a Buckeye Fan.........

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm
NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 am
tomcat82 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:21 pm

No loss there. I will agree Rusty is a good coach by all means. To say he is the reason Trimble won all those years he coached is ridiculous. Did he have a part in there winning he sure did and so did the other coaches and PHIL......as far as him bleeding Orange that would be like saying John Hurd bleeds red, you always have a special place in your heart for your alma mater i do not care who you are. Rusty is the best thing that ever happened to NY he takes pride in his coaching and the kids. With that said Go CATS!!! See u in August.....
Well that's great there 82 what you said about Rusty. Now maybe you can convince your coaches over the hill that Rusty is a true Trimble guy and he doesn't secretly hope they lose every game :lol: . Good luck with that as they seem hell bent on clinging to that message. In reality though, I've seen both those guys you mention at NY and Trimble games and both typically wear Orange. Hence, their loyalty to NY. I've never seen Rusty wear red to any game, NY nor Trimble, since he took over as HC.
I don't care what he wears he is a great leader of our school district and I am sure Buckeye at heart, but I can tell you he never missed a football game for Trimble all the way to the district finals!!! He is a Tomcat Fan now and a Buckeye by heart. IDC what Rusty wears he is a graduate from Trimble you will never take that away from him. He is a leader now at NY and does a fine job..now he is a Buckeye Fan.........
Great. Now all you have to do is convince those danged coaches over there that Rusty doesn't want Trimble to lose. :mrgreen:

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:14 pm
Shotgun red wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:05 pm I know people are dying to talk about this game, so lets get this party started! I know Trimble returns a ton a starters from a year ago but did lose some key players. I know absolutely nothing about NY other than the fact that they return MR FOOTBALL, Keegan Wilburn. I think Legendary Head Coach Phil Faires will out coach the Buckeyes again. Cats win!
Now that right there is hilarious, I don't care who you are. Phil out coach Rusty. Bah, hah, hah. I can't, I can't, can't breeeeeathe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Write it down. The Gambler will have his troops ready.

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

you guys need to talk about the game and not rusty and phil they both will have their teams ready and r good coaches so talk about the game and don't try to start something

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

fireball wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 pm you guys need to talk about the game and not rusty and phil they both will have their teams ready and r good coaches so talk about the game and don't try to start something
The coaches are part of the game Bro. No one is being disrespected, no one trying to start anything and younger bro is getting some love. So what's the problem?

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

not your bro and to say one will out coach the other is trying to start something

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

fireball wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:18 pm not your bro and to say one will out coach the other is trying to start something
So then, is saying one team will out play the other team trying to start something? It's same premise bro. If we can't discuss the competition involved in the games because some whine asz gets offended this site won't last long. In every contest ever played one team out plays the other, and one coach out coaches the other. Otherwise the games would all end in a tie. Those who don't want to hear that shouldn't even be allowed to go to the game. :mrgreen:

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Not hard to figure out who will be the most ready. To them it's the Super Bowl for gosh sakes. :o

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Did anyone see the Trimble scrimmage tonight, had to work late and wasn't able to make it.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Cats looked pretty good against a very big Chesapeake team. Varsity final was 4 tds for Trimble and 0 for Peake. Was a physical first scrimmage and Trimble showed some areas that need improvement but had a lot of athletes out there and a solid line it looked like. Kittle looked tough in space, and Lackey throwing to Kittle was very intriguing. Early prediction- Cats by 30.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

T cat 82 is really drinking the kool-aid, he has no clue

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Show respect for coaches, players and members and this topic will be fine.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Shotgun red wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 pm Did anyone see the Trimble scrimmage tonight, had to work late and wasn't able to make it.
Pretty good for a first scrimmage, some room for improvement, but all in all pretty good. Should be an exciting season

Its all in the hips
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Bucks will need to improve a lot to come out on top here. Anybody that knows football knows that Trimble should be a heavy favorite. They have a great season a head of them. With that being said, the buckeyes will be more experienced with 18 starters returning and have been working hard for the trip over the hill.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Trimble has some improvements. Was very solid on offense and defense. They also have a lot of returning athletes. Will be good to see lackey and kittle switch rolls every now and than. Chesapeake was huge on the line. Very impressive scrimmage.

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

Lukas Moore --

Phil Faires will be coaching his 26th Trimble football team in the 2019 season. It has been an accomplishment filled 25 years, three regional titles, two state championship appearances, and an utter domination of the TVC-Hocking in most seasons. Faires has adjusted schemes and strategies to fit his players over the years to ensure no Trimble team is a carbon copy of another. From the wishbone to spread, run heavy to pass heavy, the Tomcats have evolved constantly.

There has been one constant in the Faires era. Trimble will hit and hit hard on every play. They'll play with a ferociousness and physicality that's hard to find in the game of football these days. It's old-school how intensely the kids from Glouster swarm the football and annihilate ball carriers and blockers. They wear down most opponents by continuously hitting them, even if they aren't bigger than their opponent, they'll certainly be tougher.

This was on full display in their Monday scrimmage against the Chesapeake Panthers. It wasn't even 25 plays before Chesapeake looked tired of getting hit. The Panthers are a division five school that is 9-11 over their last two seasons. Trimble had its first live look, against solid competition, to see if their team has a chance to meet the lofty expectations that come with returning nearly everybody from a team that played in Canton.

What we already knew...
Full Article: https://www.wathsportsfan.com/sportsfan ... le-tomcats

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Nice article

Its all in the hips
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hope to make this trip. Had a blast last year at it.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”