Eastern Meigs Eagles 2019 Football & more

eagle25
JV Team

Re: Eastern Meigs Eagles 2019 Football & more

Post by eagle25 »

KC Java wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:02 pm
meatswinger wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:22 pm
Steegal wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:49 pm And for what it's worth the worst move they ever made is to let Pam retire. If they'd really pleaded with her she would have stayed on and finished some of the things she had in the hopper. One thing is she was in talks with the best coach they ever had there, Buzz Kirkhart, and pretty much had him leaning toward returning to rebuild the football program before he passed a few years ago. He'd have had the Eagles in the playoffs and gotten some move ins to help this team be poised to contend for the league and a deep playoff run. Instead we have Lucky Charms to carry our hopes and dreams. SMDH :ugeek:
I always liked Pam. Thought she did a good job as AD. I coached against Mr. Kirkhart. He was a decent coach and he won when he had talent, which is more than a lot of coaches can do.
Pam was a joke. They got rid of her once but she filed a grievance and threatened to sue so they let her have the job back. She ran several football and boys basketball coaches off. She held the boys programs back as much as she possibly could. Other than that, I agree "she did a good job as AD." :lol:
Pam hated football and anyone that coached it. She tried her best to keep the program down. But the administration there from about 1998 through 2010 or so were cowards and afraid of her. I'm sure those men knew she could whip them if a street fight broke out amongst them :mrgreen: There was about 1000 people that had a party on the day she finally retired. All of them Eastern football fans. Even a few previous football coaches from back in the day showed up and but a round or two for the crowd. It was a joyous occasion. :mrgreen:

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

I never minded Pam. But a lot of people are jealous of her success. She's the only coach to take a true Eastern team to the state, and she did it twice. All others had recruits on their teams. Howie did good, but he had recruits. He also tried to keep players from playing football but Pam put a stop to that so you people should be praising her for that. Those jokers they have now don't know what's going on. Look at the girls basketball program and who they've hired recently. None of that nonsense started until Pam left. So don't be too hard on Pam. I know she reads this stuff and so do the kids. A lot of the kids still really like her and wish she would come back.

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:39 pm I never minded Pam. But a lot of people are jealous of her success. She's the only coach to take a true Eastern team to the state, and she did it twice. All others had recruits on their teams. Howie did good, but he had recruits. He also tried to keep players from playing football but Pam put a stop to that so you people should be praising her for that. Those jokers they have now don't know what's going on. Look at the girls basketball program and who they've hired recently. None of that nonsense started until Pam left. So don't be too hard on Pam. I know she reads this stuff and so do the kids. A lot of the kids still really like her and wish she would come back.
One thing for sure about Pam, you always knew what you were getting. Yep, you were getting Pat Carol umpiring for her in softball, and Neil Knight reffing basketball. So you were already down by a bunch before you ever stepped on the field or the court. :mrgreen:

thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Post by thetitanic »

Eastern will be 5-5 this year, maybe 6-4. Whoever thinks this team is is capable of beating Waterford,Trimble or even belpre is crazy. Eastern doesn’t have much talent at the wide out position and their running back is injury prone.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Eagle 25 your a idiot.You know no facts whatsoever.PM me and maybe we can see what kind of cowards the men were in 98 to 2000.Talk Eagle Football,not your make believe version of what it is.

Sensation52
Riding the Bench

Post by Sensation52 »

thetitanic wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:36 pm Eastern will be 5-5 this year, maybe 6-4. Whoever thinks this team is is capable of beating Waterford,Trimble or even belpre is crazy. Eastern doesn’t have much talent at the wide out position and their running back is injury prone.
From everything I’m hearing is with Newland coming out of the backfield and that smith kid , I think he’s a sophomore and they have a freshman that’s 6’2 with good hands they should be a serious threat at wide out! That smith kid is a serious athlete and you can put Newland anywhere a be successful. I don’t remember him getting hurt or missing a game as I recall

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

I look for big things out of that lucky charms offense this fall.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

oldmo31 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:48 am Eagle 25 your a idiot.You know no facts whatsoever.PM me and maybe we can see what kind of cowards the men were in 98 to 2000.Talk Eagle Football,not your make believe version of what it is.
Uh, actually I said 98 to 2010. Are you a Pam fan? If so, you must not be an Eastern football fan. :mrgreen:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

^^^ dont worry about him 25. He is just jealous becuase you were the second fastest dude in the svac back in your playing days. Eastern hasnt had that kind of speed since.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Baldeagle wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:05 pm ^^^ dont worry about him 25. He is just jealous becuase you were the second fastest dude in the svac back in your playing days. Eastern hasnt had that kind of speed since.
True dat. :mrgreen:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Baldeagle wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:05 pm ^^^ dont worry about him 25. He is just jealous becuase you were the second fastest dude in the svac back in your playing days. Eastern hasnt had that kind of speed since.
By the way how you been doing you old butt sucker. Oh wait, you're a coach so I better be careful. :mrgreen:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

eagle25 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:29 pm
By the way how you been doing you old butt sucker? Oh wait, you're a coach so I better be careful. :mrgreen:

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

KC Java wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:02 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:02 pm Lucky charms is right

If the staff had green shirt and green coaching shorts he could go right on the cereal box lol
He may be little but he is mighty. :mrgreen:
Word on the street is he refuses to play FH next year. Prolly cause they got a proven winner in town now. We'll see you in the playoffs cause you can't dodge us there.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!

Return to “Football”