2019 Wellston Golden Rockets

hsfbfan
Varsity

2019 Wellston Golden Rockets

Post by hsfbfan »

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the upcoming season.

gator81
Freshman Team

Re: 2019 Wellston Golden Rockets

Post by gator81 »

This should be a progressive year for the Rockets. It looks like a solid and experienced coaching staff with solid coaching for the qb position, new looks on offensive/ defensive sides of the ball. With all the changes the Rockets have experienced, this is a year of new beginnings. The players are the bottom line. The seniors/ juniors need to lead 2019 program creating a foundation for the next 2 to 4 years. Set the standard. Excel and win.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

A lot of speed at the skills positions on both sides of the ball. O-line will be experienced but not real big. This team is tailor made for the spread offense and a fast aggressive defense.

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some very positive flashes of talent and potential but the coaching change will be too much to overcome I see a building block year of 4-6 to 5-5 with the bulk of the wins at the end of the season. I look forward to it though as I’ve been hearing very positive things about the staff and players.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

The Jackson game is what it is and Ports. West may be rebuilding so who knows. But Piketon, Lakewood, Alex. and RV are all probable wins and are in the first 6 weeks of the season. NY, and Athens are who they are so they'll be tough to handle and Meigs and VC are toss-ups. So IMO 5-5 or even 6-4 is very doable.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Long season is my guess.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Slothman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:16 pm Long season is my guess.
You may be right. But at least now they have a staff in place that will adjust to the talents and abilities of the players instead of forcing the talent to adjust to their system.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Not knocking staff or players, basing my prediction on what I saw on the field last year, talent and physical ability. With the schedule as it is the Rockets will be underdogs in all but 3 games. The three games could go either way.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

hsfbfan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:47 pm The Jackson game is what it is and Ports. West may be rebuilding so who knows. But Piketon, Lakewood, Alex. and RV are all probable wins and are in the first 6 weeks of the season. NY, and Athens are who they are so they'll be tough to handle and Meigs and VC are toss-ups. So IMO 5-5 or even 6-4 is very doable.
Wellston will guarantee lose to Athens, NY, Meigs, Jackson, and Portsmouth West. They should beat Piketon, Lakewood, and River Valley. Alexander and Vinton County are toss ups. I would guess 4-6 is probably most likely

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

I think Alexander will be a much improved team with coach Dean , dont know about Piketon, they looked bad last year. I know nothing about Lakewood. River Valley has had a tough time of late. Vinton County will probably end up third in the T.V.C. Ohio behind Athens and Nelsonvillle York.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 pm Wellston will guarantee lose to Athens, NY, Meigs, Jackson, and Portsmouth West. They should beat Piketon, Lakewood, and River Valley. Alexander and Vinton County are toss ups. I would guess 4-6 is probably most likely
Athens will guarantee lose to Jackson, Logan, possibly to Waverly and maybe another one in there if they face someone physical. I doubt there is one game difference between the regular season Athens and Wellston record.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

One thing is for sure. Modern day football has finally arrived in Wellston. So at least they’ll be fun to watch.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hsfbfan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 am One thing is for sure. Modern day football has finally arrived in Wellston. So at least they’ll be fun to watch.
The TVC in general should be fun to watch. Last season, Just about every game was competitive minus Athens at the top and RV at the bottom. Athens should take a step back and everyone else should be at or better than where they were last season. I’m looking forward to a competitive year, top to bottom.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am
hsfbfan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 am One thing is for sure. Modern day football has finally arrived in Wellston. So at least they’ll be fun to watch.
The TVC in general should be fun to watch. Last season, Just about every game was competitive minus Athens at the top and RV at the bottom. Athens should take a step back and everyone else should be at or better than where they were last season. I’m looking forward to a competitive year, top to bottom.
I agree. especially looking forward to week 10.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If they were to drop the Lakewood game, they won't win a game after that.
The Lancers are going to be bad again.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hsfbfan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am
I agree. especially looking forward to week 10.
The best week of the year!!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

5-5 or 6-4 would be huge, the program needs some time and coaching consistency in order to be successful, 5 or 6 wins would be positive step this year. Some real chances at 7 or 8 wins coming in 2020 and beyond I think.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Well said Dandy Don. I see nothing but a positive impact with the Rockets this year. Attitude effects altitude .

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 am 5-5 or 6-4 would be huge, the program needs some time and coaching consistency in order to be successful, 5 or 6 wins would be positive step this year. Some real chances at 7 or 8 wins coming in 2020 and beyond I think.
I hope they win all their non league games. The upper level teams in the league need those playoff points to get a first round home game. :mrgreen:

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

2 wins at most! Small steps crawl before you walk .

Return to “Football”