D6 Region 23

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: D6 Region 23

Post by EasternDspy »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 pm

There is not a huge difference in D7 and D6. With Marion Local dropping to 7 and Kirtland going to 5, a deep playoff run is every bit on the table for Trimble.

Region 23 is solid, but it's not overwhelming by any means.
D6 Region 23 is way tougher then 27 but it’s easier to win the state title in D6 if that makes sense. Fort returns so much and was right there with Kirtland last season.
The same Fort Frye team that beat Waterford 22-20 on a controversial play? Pretty sure Trimble waxed Waterford a few weeks later, 42-12 or something. The same Fort team that gave up two touchdowns to a Belpre team that I'm not sure even crossed midfield vs Trimble the next week? And since when is 35-18 "right there with them"? Lol

The Hornets run a midline offense that is designed to pound you into submission. They dont blow up scoreboards. An 18 point defecit against that team & that defense my as well be 4 touchdowns.
We’re you at the game? It was super tight Fort Frye had the ball inside the 10 down 3 in the 4th Qt. Kirtlands last TD came with only a few mins left.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 pm

There is not a huge difference in D7 and D6. With Marion Local dropping to 7 and Kirtland going to 5, a deep playoff run is every bit on the table for Trimble.

Region 23 is solid, but it's not overwhelming by any means.
D6 Region 23 is way tougher then 27 but it’s easier to win the state title in D6 if that makes sense. Fort returns so much and was right there with Kirtland last season.
The same Fort Frye team that beat Waterford 22-20 on a controversial play? Pretty sure Trimble waxed Waterford a few weeks later, 42-12 or something. The same Fort team that gave up two touchdowns to a Belpre team that I'm not sure even crossed midfield vs Trimble the next week? And since when is 35-18 "right there with them"? Lol

The Hornets run a midline offense that is designed to pound you into submission. They dont blow up scoreboards. An 18 point defecit against that team & that defense my as well be 4 touchdowns.
Fort Frye was a lot better in playoffs then they were week 3. Also that Belpre vs Fort Frye game wasn’t even close. They returned a kick late in the game after Fort Frye scored a Td with the JV vs Belpres varsity.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Who isn't a lot better in week 14 than they were in week 3? lol

Cuyahoga Heights I'm sure vastly improved over the year. They lost to Kirtland 42-6 in week 5 - but were still manhandled 47-21 by Trimble in week 14.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 pm 2017 doesn't have anything to do with it, but thanks for playing.
Trimble will still put a running clock on NY for the next 3 years :lol:

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:12 pm Trimble will be the heavy favorite. Weird to see maybe a Trimble vs Coldwater State Final. Coldwater used to play Mooney, Steubenville, and Kettering Alter
Trimble will not be able to make a deep run in D6. They won't make it to Canton.
Why are you always so negative on Trimble? I do not see anyone on here being negative on NY... You should want anyone in our surrounding area to make to Canton.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Trimble will probably be better this year than last year and a chance to beat NY twice in one season seems fun to me

Its all in the hips
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:24 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:20 pm Trimble will not be able to make a deep run in D6. They won't make it to Canton.
Just because NY got embarrassed at state doesn’t mean Trimble will. They have everything back from a state finals team. With Kirkland moving to D5. Mogadore should win the NE region
Trimble doesn’t have everything back.
Yes they do plus their really good class are freshmen. Ironton and Trimble are the two best teams in all of SEO for 2019

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

We will do what we do. If that gets us beat, so be it. These kids will not lay down for anyone. You beat us, you will earn it!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:20 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:12 pm Trimble will be the heavy favorite. Weird to see maybe a Trimble vs Coldwater State Final. Coldwater used to play Mooney, Steubenville, and Kettering Alter
Trimble will not be able to make a deep run in D6. They won't make it to Canton.
Why are you always so negative on Trimble? I do not see anyone on here being negative on NY... You should want anyone in our surrounding area to make to Canton.
I rarely post anything on here about Trimble. Just because my opinion doesn't agree with yours, it doesn't make it negative. I'm always happy when the Tomcats have success in any sport.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13 pm First of all, you dont know what 23 looks like yet.
2nd, 23 may be tougher (or was), but when you're beating teams in 27 by 50+ pts, you're probably as good as those teams in 23.
3rd, Lucas & Prep were very good football teams last year, so was Cuyahoga Heights, I dont think Fort Frye or Paint Valley strikes fear in the hearts of Tomcats or their fan base
4th, they do have almost everything back.
Trimble will be great, but saying Paint Valley and Fort Frye in the same sentence destroys all your credibility.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

With Trimble returning almost everybody I think its easy to say they are the favorite to win the region. Also I think it would be foolish to say that region 23 isn’t much tougher then region 27. Fort Frye will be good. In our neck of the woods, NY should be much much improved while returning a whole bunch also. I also think something to be considered and I could be very wrong on this but with Trimble now being in 6, it will hurt them points wise in the long run regardless of record. I look at East Knox in region 23 for example that gets hurt playing Division 7 schools. In reality though a lot will change from now till week 11, for every team in the area so it’s hard to tell what the heck is going to happen. Excited to see Trimble, Fort and NY all in one region should be fun.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Keep in mind region 27 will add Newark Catholic, Shadyside and Central Catholic. It's not going to be an easy region despite the loss of Trimble.

Harvest Prep, Danville, Newark Catholic, Shadyside, Central Catholic ... Hannibal River can sometimes have good teams, Caldwell, same with Symmes Valley, Waterford - and I look for Eastern to be solid in 2019.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

efarns wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:05 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13 pm First of all, you dont know what 23 looks like yet.
2nd, 23 may be tougher (or was), but when you're beating teams in 27 by 50+ pts, you're probably as good as those teams in 23.
3rd, Lucas & Prep were very good football teams last year, so was Cuyahoga Heights, I dont think Fort Frye or Paint Valley strikes fear in the hearts of Tomcats or their fan base
4th, they do have almost everything back.
Trimble will be great, but saying Paint Valley and Fort Frye in the same sentence destroys all your credibility.
I only mentioned P..V. because they were the No. 1 seed in 23 last year. But I stand by my statement. Some good teams in the region, but I'm confident Trimble can hang with any of them.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:06 pm Keep in mind region 27 will add Newark Catholic, Shadyside and Central Catholic. It's not going to be an easy region despite the loss of Trimble.

Harvest Prep, Danville, Newark Catholic, Shadyside, Central Catholic ... Hannibal River can sometimes have good teams, Caldwell, same with Symmes Valley, Waterford - and I look for Eastern to be solid in 2019.
Who? Are you referring to the school in New Philadelphia or Steubenville? Are we sure they’re going to be in 27?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:01 pm With Trimble returning almost everybody I think its easy to say they are the favorite to win the region. Also I think it would be foolish to say that region 23 isn’t much tougher then region 27. Fort Frye will be good. In our neck of the woods, NY should be much much improved while returning a whole bunch also. I also think something to be considered and I could be very wrong on this but with Trimble now being in 6, it will hurt them points wise in the long run regardless of record. I look at East Knox in region 23 for example that gets hurt playing Division 7 schools. In reality though a lot will change from now till week 11, for every team in the area so it’s hard to tell what the heck is going to happen. Excited to see Trimble, Fort and NY all in one region should be fun.
East Knox missed playoffs in large part because their out-of-conference opponents went 3-27.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Steubenville Central Catholic dropped from D6 to D7.
They were in 27 before making the jump to D6, not sure why they wouldn't be back in it.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:46 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:01 pm With Trimble returning almost everybody I think its easy to say they are the favorite to win the region. Also I think it would be foolish to say that region 23 isn’t much tougher then region 27. Fort Frye will be good. In our neck of the woods, NY should be much much improved while returning a whole bunch also. I also think something to be considered and I could be very wrong on this but with Trimble now being in 6, it will hurt them points wise in the long run regardless of record. I look at East Knox in region 23 for example that gets hurt playing Division 7 schools. In reality though a lot will change from now till week 11, for every team in the area so it’s hard to tell what the heck is going to happen. Excited to see Trimble, Fort and NY all in one region should be fun.
East Knox missed playoffs in large part because their out-of-conference opponents went 3-27.
That I did not know.. I suppose that would do it lol

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:57 pm Steubenville Central Catholic dropped from D6 to D7.
They were in 27 before making the jump to D6, not sure why they wouldn't be back in it.
Jefferson County has been on the cusp of the 21/25 and 23/27 region splits for D6 and D7. Toronto for instance was in D7 R25. Also worth mentioning that SCC and its football program has been in some upheaval this offseason with the school sh—canning its well-liked and successful football coach. Plus low numbers.

It’s possible that Lucas is in R27 again this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has a series with Nelsonville starting this season and series with Trimble starting next year.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Fort Frye has a series with Nelsonville starting this season and series with Trimble starting next year.
I am excited for that series to start. Like I said NY will be much better but I think Fort Frye and Trimble both have the upper hand right now but it’s only June. Is that Trimble series a two year series as well?

Return to “Football”