Final: Waverly 30 Athens 27

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: Waverly vs Athens 2019

Post by Dandy Don »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:07 am
NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am
Yea, plus Jackson is still sore at Athens for leaving the SEOAL. So, there's that too as a motivator for Jackson.
Or, just think if Athens beats not only Jackson but Logan as well that will about stop all the cut-n-run/SEOAL jawing for this year - which would not be a bad thing
Just for the record more likely the opposite happens.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:07 am
NY Tomcat wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 am
Yea, plus Jackson is still sore at Athens for leaving the SEOAL. So, there's that too as a motivator for Jackson.
Or, just think if Athens beats not only Jackson but Logan as well that will about stop all the cut-n-run/SEOAL jawing for this year - which would not be a bad thing
We can only hope Don. :mrgreen:

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

[youtube][/youtube]
Larry Fine wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:47 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:19 pm
Kicker. wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:42 pm I know this is a bit too early to put big game implications in this but what other big games out of conference games does Athens have?
D4 or D5 Waverly?
D2 Parkersburg South
D2 Logan
D3 Jackson

We need to beef it up more . Jackson and Logan are not much anymore. We’ll see about waverly. Not sold on them either
Where are you getting that Jackson “is not much anymore”? Some of your post on this board are just plain silly.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 am [youtube][/youtube]
Larry Fine wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:47 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:19 pm

D4 or D5 Waverly?
D2 Parkersburg South
D2 Logan
D3 Jackson

We need to beef it up more . Jackson and Logan are not much anymore. We’ll see about waverly. Not sold on them either
Where are you getting that Jackson “is not much anymore”? Some of your post on this board are just plain silly.
Larry Fine is an Athens hater that pretends to like Athens by making posts that will piss off other non Athens fans.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

If any Athens fans, or any fans for that matter, are considering coming to the game and have concerns or questions about parking I can provide some information. Waverly has 525 paved, lined parking spots. The longest walk to the front gate from any of those spots is under two minutes. There are additional parking spots around the lot that are not lined. We also have a grass field that provides another 200 or so parking spots and is not much farther from the front gate. It probably doesn't get much better than that for parking for high school football in southern Ohio.

One tip. Traffic does sometimes get backed up when coming off of US23 and entering the lot from the south end. If you're coming on 23 from the south go on down to the road that cuts through where Bob Evans is located and enter the lot from the north end. (where the basketball gym is located) Might save you a few minutes. As of last year it cost $2 to park on the paved lot.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like decent numbers in the weight room from a few weeks ago

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens by 10

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm Athens by 10
Getting Waverly early is good for Athens. P. Wolf may not be ready to go which will hurt the Tigers big time. Hope the young man heals quickly, but more importantly heals totally...
Looking forward to seeing the Tigers working out soon, check out the numbers.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm Athens by 10
Idk if we are the favorite. We replace our line and a back to back 2,000 yard passer.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I think this will be a very competitive game looking forward to it, both teams replacing a lot of important pieces

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Waverly returns a very strong nucleus in Haydn Shanks, Payton Shoemaker, Zeke Brown and eventually Phoenix Wolf. Not to mention that they have one of the smartest, and hardest working lineman around. This will be a good game for both teams

TIGERTOWN87
Waterboy

Post by TIGERTOWN87 »

Excited to see this match up in week one. Both teams look to be in the running for playoff spots, so this will be a big test early for both teams!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

When its all said and done, there will be a lot of computers points earned with this one.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Thought the same about this game meaning for a lot of points later in the season for both teams, should win the rest of their out of conference and compete for conference titles

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:14 pm Thought the same about this game meaning for a lot of points later in the season for both teams, should win the rest of their out of conference and compete for conference titles
I like your optimism but as a die hard Waverly fan I'll take one game at a time. Traveling to Fairland will be no piece of cake. They beat Athens last year. Amanda finished the regular season 8-2 and made the playoffs. We all know their rich tradition. Unioto believes this is the year they'll beat us. I hear they're loaded. We'll be the underdog in that game.

Don't get me wrong. Expectations for this Tiger team are high. We have a nice mix of experience and young talent. But that young talent is unproven for the most part. It won't be long until we see how they perform at the varsity level. Go Tigers!!

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

A battle between two finesse teams. Should be a dandy. If you hear any pads cracking it will be from someone accidentally running into someone. :mrgreen:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:32 pm
Kicker. wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:14 pm Thought the same about this game meaning for a lot of points later in the season for both teams, should win the rest of their out of conference and compete for conference titles
I like your optimism but as a die hard Waverly fan I'll take one game at a time. Traveling to Fairland will be no piece of cake. They beat Athens last year. Amanda finished the regular season 8-2 and made the playoffs. We all know their rich tradition. Unioto believes this is the year they'll beat us. I hear they're loaded. We'll be the underdog in that game.

Don't get me wrong. Expectations for this Tiger team are high. We have a nice mix of experience and young talent. But that young talent is unproven for the most part. It won't be long until we see how they perform at the varsity level. Go Tigers!!
Non conference schedule is as tough as its been for a while. At Fairland will be tough. We all know Amanda will be good. Everyone is saying this is Unioto’s year, not just to beat us but to possibly go undefeated.
Let’s take it one game at a time and that starts with the Bulldogs.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

toast wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Definitely agree this is no cakewalk Waverly has done a good job of scheduling out of conference games, same for Athens as they have a tough out of conference. The foundation was set back in 2016 with that 9-1 season with the first playoff berth since 2008 and the tigers have done a great job getting to the playoffs, hopefully with being in a new region they’ll have some post season success. But you are correct no cupcakes out of conference

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'm sure Waverly is happy moving away from the Cincinnati region. Athens is in a brutal region

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:54 pm A battle between two finesse teams. Should be a dandy. If you hear any pads cracking it will be from someone accidentally running into someone. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Return to “Football”